Author Topic: Finding Simderella - Maynard and His Odyssey  (Read 2798 times)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Finding Simderella - Maynard and His Odyssey
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:17:51 PM »
Meet the Leading Man

Name: Maynard Strong
Traits: Athletic, Brave, Family-Oriented, Hopeless Romantic, Snob
Lifetime Wish: Become an Astronaut
Favorites: Hamburgers, Songwriter, Spice Brown
Sign: Taurus

This concept is under development, but I have a general idea. It is open to input and will rely heavily on storytelling. If you have a suggestion for this venture, feel free to post here or PM me! I will do my best to update regularly.  :D

CHAPTER GUIDE
Meet the Leading Man
Meet the Leading Lady
The Setting
Orlando's Introduction
Maynard and His Odyssey
Check out my new story here!

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Finding Simderella - Meet the Leading Lady
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 01:09:01 AM »
Meet the Leading Lady

Name: Penny Porter
Traits: Family-Oriented, Good, Great Kisser, Hopeless Romantic, Neat
Lifetime Wish: Surrounded by Family
Favorites: Crepes, Classical, White
Sign: Sagittarius

I'm not one to take many screenshots, but I will try. Expect a small update sooner rather than later!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Finding Simderella - The Setting
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 01:59:45 AM »
The Setting

This fairytale is set in the lovely Sunset Valley.

Maynard's home, the stunning Luxe Mediterranean by Lynley1248, may be downloaded here.

Penny's home, the shabby but substantial Brick n' Bramble Starter by Ausette, may be downloaded here.

Full credit goes to these two builders because I can't build a thing. Well, I built one nice thing called Honeywell. It's somewhere in the Swap Shop...  ::) Hope you don't mind by my giving away of the settings. I just wanted to show what nice things were created to make the living spaces of the main characters possible. :)

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Finding Simderella - Orlando's Introduction
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Orlando's Introduction

Greetings,

Allow me to formally introduce myself. I am Orlando Humphries, butler to the Strong residence.

I have taken it upon myself to chronicle the genealogy and narrative of this family. Because of my passion for books I thought it wise to document the highlights and heartaches of an era for future generations. I only hope that those after me continue in my quest to preserve such a history.

My first entry will attempt to capture the memorable moments of Maynard's life; at least, I will tell of his life before Penny.

Until then, that is all. Good day.

Offline MissPlumbBob

• Sims Biographer
  • Immortal
Re: Finding Simderella - Maynard and His Odyssey
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 09:53:45 PM »
Maynard and His Odyssey

Maynard was born into a world of wealth. Until young adulthood, he lived a sheltered life of privilege; he knew not of the struggles Sims face.

Upon his eighteenth birthday, he requested a small sum of Simoleons from his parents to start his own life. He was done with the comfortable existance of the past, so he set off on a mission to make his own way.

Maynard moved to Sunset Valley and took a job in the military. He dreamed of exploring space, but for now he worked every day cleaning latrines and serving in the mess hall.

Once he saved enough days' pay, he ventured to Egypt...

...where he was cursed by a mummy. Luckily he learned to charm and kiss a cobra to avoid an untimely death.

Because of his near encounter with the Grim Reaper, Maynard asked to be turned into a creature of the night.

He soon fell in love with a fellow vampire and asked for her hand in marriage while under the stars.

Maynard's fortunes improved significantly when he discovered a mystical magic lamp.

With such good luck, he chose to return to a normal life state...

...and became an astronaut just after he transitioned into life as a middle-aged man.

In the next installment, I will reveal the impact Penny had on Maynard's life. Though she was a plain, poor Sim, she changed the course of his future.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Finding Simderella - Maynard and His Odyssey
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
Interesting start!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04