Author Topic: Second Chances - Fatal Error - Dead Thread  (Read 4759 times)

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Second Chances - Fatal Error - Dead Thread
« on: September 26, 2012, 04:48:11 AM »
Alright, I'm ready to start this up! Got a decent start, so here we go!

Introduction

Life, in general, is not generous with second chances. More often than not, you get one go at it and that’s it. If you screw up, that’s the end. However, every once in a great while, we get that rare opportunity to try again: retake that big exam you failed, coming out of a coma, reconnect with someone you lost contact with. This is a story about the ultimate second chance: a second chance at LIFE.

Game Stats

Town – Moonlight Falls
Lot – 126 Wood Street
Content – All expansions, all stuff packs, and a TON of store stuff
Game Length – Normal, Default
Cheats/Mods – None (except for some CaP patterns and the cheats allowed by the rules)
Lunar Cycle – Default
Story Progression/Life States – On/Default

Note: I am playing to try to get into the HoF, so I’m following the challenge rules as closely as I can! If you see something that doesn’t seem right, please let me know so I can (hopefully) adjust it!

Current In-Game Time

Week 04, Day 01 - Sun, 1:36 a.m.

Chapter List

Week 01 - Welcome to Moonlight Falls!
Week 02 - Monotony
Week 03 - Times They Are A Changing
Interlude 01 - New House, New Clothes
Vacation - Honeymoon in Al Simhara

Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Re: Second Chances - Life State Dynasty [Setting Up!]
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:53:27 AM »
Generations

Founder - Claire McAllister

Life State: Death by Drowning
Traits: Artistic, Athletic, Bookworm, Hydrophobic, No Sense of Humor
Sign: Scorpio
LTW: Illustrious Author
Career: Self-Employed Painter
Spouse: Gerald McAllister (nee Bower), Normal Sim

Accomplishments
Immortality Requirements
1. Best Friend: --
2. Career Opportunity Rewards: Artist's Painted Ribbon, Master Painting Certificate
3. Black Ops: Add It Up!, Popular Painter, Hot Dogs Please
4. Lifetime Rewards: No Bills Ever, Extra Creative
5. Wishes Over 5000: Master Painting (5000), Reach Level 10 Painter Career (7500), Marry Gerald Bower (5000)
6. Skill Challenges Completed: Brushmaster, Proficient Painter, Master Painter
7. Mausoleum Objects: 7 Brilliant Paintings (subject to change)
Vacation Days Used: 3/7

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 05:26:04 AM »
Week 01 - Welcome to Moonlight Falls!

I'm going to be having my baby next month, so there won't be much writing to go with this. Here's a little background on Claire to get the ball rolling.

Claire was an aspiring artist from Sunset Valley. She had just graduated from school and was promising to be the next best up and coming talent. While out celebrating with her friends, there was a tragic accident: they were all swimming down by the beach when a strong undertow pulled Claire under and away from safety. She drowned before her life could really even begin. After spending ten years in limbo, the Watcher decided to give her a rare second chance to regain her life. If she can accomplish a set of goals and then subsequently help her next six generations of offspring with their own accomplishments, she would be granted immortality. When Claire agreed, the Watcher plopped her down in Moonlight Falls with a list of guidelines and enough Simoleons to build a decent house. Now Claire has to work work work!

Claire has a lot to do if she wants to gain immortality! Before she can even think about bringing an heir into the mix, she decides to try and knock out some of her own requirements. After all, she's a ghost and has a bit of time to spare. She immediately gets to work painting. It was her dream to be a master painter and writer before the accident, though the writing dream seems to have waned a bit. She focuses on her art and knocks out a few skill points before heading off to join the Painter Career at City Hall.

However, Claire knows that painting will only get her so far. She decides to compound that skill with her love of sports and heads off to the gym. She meets lots of interesting people, including Cornelia Goth, a ghost just like herself! Determined to get a headstart on her skill challenges, Claire jumps on the treadmill. Even though it's a full moon and zombies keep bothering her, Claire manages to get a bit of Athletics before heading home. Her sleep schedule is a bit off-kilter now, but day and night have little meaning to ghosts.

Sims seem to love the novelty of buying paintings done by a ghost because Claire's art is selling quite well despite her low skill. By the end of the week, she's raking in a good thousand simoleons for each small painting even though they are only of average quality. She decides to focus on painting to save up some money. By the end of the week, she has created her first brilliant painting, though she keeps it for her Mausoleum requirements rather than selling it. A celebratory trip to the Consignment Shop has her coming home with a music box with a ninja inside.

Week 01 Summary

Skills

Painting
Level 7
19 paintings created, 1 Brilliant
Athletics
Level 2
29.1 km ran; 3 hours of cardio; 2 hours of strength
Misc
Cooking - Lvl 2
Handiness - Lvl 2

Career

Painter Level 8
Prestigious Painter

Misc

Purchased No Bills Ever Lifetime Reward

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: Second Chances - Life State Dynasty [Week 01]
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 05:55:01 AM »
Great start Marwolfer!  I can't wait to see which eligible bachelor Claire chooses.    And congratulations your own little nooboo!! :)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:09:37 AM »
Great start I am looking forward to reading more.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 08:38:28 AM »
Great start Marwolfer!  I can't wait to see which eligible bachelor Claire chooses.    And congratulations your own little nooboo!! :)

Thank so much! I feel like I must be Insane to be starting a Dynasty challenge when I'm about to give birth! lol

Great start I am looking forward to reading more.

Rachel

Thank you! I love all of your stories!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 01:24:15 PM »
Week 02 - Monotony

This week is a bit on the boring side. Claire worked hard, painting nearly every waking moment. Her paintings are raking in a lot of dough, but she's waiting to upgrade her house as a personal reward for reaching the top of her career and maxing painting! So for now, she sleeps and paints while cramming some tofu dogs in for sustenance. It's not long before she's consistently creating Brilliant paintings.

Claire completes an opportunity to bring someone a painting, which gets her a celebrity star. She's getting a bit lonely, so she decides to socialize a little bit. It's not really a stellar conversation, but it at least fulfills the need to interact with people. After socializing, Claire decides to do a workout since she's already at the gym. After she gets done with her painting skill, Claire fully intends to completely devote herself to Athletics. For now, it's more stress relief.

By the end of the week, Claire has completed two painting skill challenges: Brushmaster and Proficient Painter. She's so close to completing her Painting skill requirements that she can taste it! She even manages to create SEVEN brilliant paintings, which would all be Mausoleum worthy. However, since she hasn't managed to create a masterpiece yet, some of those may be replaced with better paintings before she officially installs them in the Mausoleum. Claire also gets a special award from the mayor for her advancement in her career: the Artist's Painted Ribbon. It will go in the Mausoleum with her paintings and other goodies that she still needs to earn. All in all, it's been an efficient week for Claire, if a bit mundane! Next week she will (hopefully) finish up her painting and then get a new house!

Week 02 Summary

Skills

Painting
Level 9
49 paintings created, 7 Brilliant
Athletics
Level 3
72.26 km ran; 7 hours of cardio; 2 hours of strength
Misc
Cooking - Lvl 2
Handiness - Lvl 2

Career

Painter Level 9
Acrylic Ace
Got Artist's Painted Ribbon

Misc

--

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:53 AM »
Week 03 - Times They Are A Changing

Lots more pics this week because it was much more exciting(ish). I have two more "fun" updates that may or may not have much to do with the actual challenge coming up; hopefully, I'll get them up today!

Claire started off the week productively enough. She finally mastered the painting skill and reached the top of the Painter career track. Too bad she didn't really get to celebrated becoming Master of the Brush because she was snoozing away. That was two wishes over 5000 points immediately out of the way. Claire normally sleeps through the full moons and misses all the zombies, but this poor guy looked so sad. Perhaps he is stalking Claire (he's there every full moon) and is pining for her? I guess we'll never know!

Claire's mailbox was full to the bursting this week. Not only did she receive her skill master certificate, she received several gifts from (my) friends. However, while painting to raise her fun, Claire began to think that maybe it was time to bring in the next heir. She was well on her way to completing all of her tasks, and she wasn't getting any younger! First things first, she'd need a bigger house. Thankfully, her paintings were still selling like hotcakes, so she commissioned a nice large house (even if it was a bit sparsely furnished).

Claire was getting a little stir crazy, but luckily her neighbor Pip Goodfellow was having a party. She snagged an invitation and headed on over. Though they didn't know each other well, Claire was desperate to remedy that. After all, he was young, attractive, and a fairy. Unfortunately, he was already happily married and politely brushed off Claire's advances. He did seem to enjoy her company though, so perhaps they can become best friends before this is all over. Claire got home late and was desperate for sleep, but got woken up at 3 a.m. by someone peeping into her windows! She shooed them off, threatening to call the police. Unfortunately, Claire was too shaken to get much sleep that night.

The next day, Claire got her final opportunity to fix hot dogs for her neighbor. When she went to deliver them, she realized that she was living next door to a fairly attractive, unattached sim named Gerald Bower. Hanging around to get to know him, the pair hit it off quickly. Friendly banter turned to flirting. Claire had the sudden wish to marry him, and after she explained about her situation, he quickly agreed. The two were married right then and there, even though one of Gerald's creepy roommates was watching the whole time.

The new couple had lots in common and loved working out together. Claire knew that Gerald would be a great father once they settled down to making their own little nooboos, but she wanted to take a vacation and work on her physical fitness a bit more before that happened. On Saturday, Claire aged up to adult. My how time flies!

Week 03 Summary

Skills

Painting
Level 10
68 paintings created: 13 Brilliant, 7 Masterpieces
SUPERMAXED
Athletics
Level 5
140.52 km ran; 16 hours of cardio; 6.5 hours of strength
Misc
Cooking - Lvl 3
Handiness - Lvl 2

Career

Painter Level 10
Master Painter

Misc

Got Married!
Bought LTR Extra Creative

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »
Interlude 01 - New House, New Clothes

Designing outfits and building houses are one of my favorite parts of the Sims 3. Unfortunately, the ghost life form pretty much hides all my pretty work. Still, I wanted to show off her new Adult wardrobe, Gerald's wardrobe (once I got ahold of him), and their beautiful house.

Now is the time to introduce Gerald McAllister (nee Bower), Claire's chosen spouse. He is a normal sim with some interesting traits. He is Athletic, Clumsy, Good, a Party Animal, and a Workaholic. His sign is Virgo and he likes Dark Wave music, Sushi, and the color Hot Pink. Once he and Claire got married, he entered into the Professional Sports Career.

You've all already met Claire, but here is her new Adult wardrobe. We're omitting swimsuits because Claire is hydrophobic.

And here is their lovely home. It's not completely furnished yet, but has a fully stocked nursery just waiting for nooboos!

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: Second Chances - Life State Dynasty [Week 03]
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 05:03:00 PM »
Wow, after hitting the gym with Claire, Gerald went from "fairly attractive" to total hottie!  ;D

And your outfits look awesome Mar!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 05:21:12 AM »
Wow, after hitting the gym with Claire, Gerald went from "fairly attractive" to total hottie!  ;D

And your outfits look awesome Mar!

Thanks. And yeah, I thought he was pudgy before but the second he jumped on that treadmill he was suddenly super buff! Score! lol He's shaping up to be a decent spouse!

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 06:44:09 AM »
Vacation - Honeymoon in Al Simhara

After the wedding, Claire had the wish to go to Al Simhara, Egypt. It seemed like the perfect time for a honeymoon, so the duo set off for three days. The couple arrived and promptly split up: Claire went to get some supplies for tomb exploration while Gerald went for a nice jog. He gained up a skill point on his way to meet up with his new wife at the pyramids. The pair were all set for some excitement!

Claire and Gerald worked well together to figure out the puzzles in the pyramid tombs. (Note: This is the first time I've vacationed with two sims and I absolutely hated it!) They found a fair bit of treasure and some artifacts. Unfortunately, not everything was all fun and treasure: Claire was digging around in a sarcophagus when she unleashed a mummy! The mummy attacked Gerald, but luckily didn't give him a curse. For some reason it didn't do anything to Claire... probably because she is a ghost.

While their trip was definitely exciting and fulfilling, neither Claire nor Gerald much enjoyed sleeping in the cheap tent they purchased. The three days flew by in excitement, and Claire was anxious to get home and start her little family. It is interesting to note that even while in a foreign land, they could not escape the zombies; strangely enough, those flimsy tents offered the best protection.

Claire didn't really get any skilling done because she was focused on getting some treasure and just having fun. They used three vacation days.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
Re: Second Chances - Life State Dynasty [Honeymoon]
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 09:34:30 AM »
Fatal Error!

Well poo, I got pregnant before I finished up all my challenges. I thought that you just had to finish up before the next heir "counted." BLARG! Well, this was a failure. I might try again if I have time after my RL baby is born. :c

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Second Chances - Fatal Error - Dead Thread
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 02:58:34 PM »
I'm moving this to the Stories Graveyard board.  The author may revive the story at any time by contacting a Moderator.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."