Author Topic: No Adventures in France  (Read 35995 times)

Sportsfan

Re: No Adventures in France
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:07 AM »
Nope they've always been in the same town.

I'm agreeing with hosfac. His points are incredibly well though out (let's give him a hand!)

Offline MoMoll

• Watcher
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 05:47:45 AM »
I see your point Hosfac, so aging back on and my sim will just drink the "young again" potion.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Avenger0000

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 03:22:10 PM »
Has anyone solved this MEGA-GLITCH?? I'm having the same trouble!! Searching on the web, I haven't found a "real" solution yet. There are many, but involves the use of mod and thats a great risk for the whole game.

Sportsfan

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 08:04:35 PM »
There is nothing to do but return home and hope for next time.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 03:13:14 AM »
There is nothing to do but return home and hope for next time.

While I wouldn't call this a fix or a work around, it does appear to be about the only option available as of yet.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline asland1234

• Nooboo
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2012, 01:13:37 PM »
I know this is old, but I may have found a small solution. I have tried this a few times, and I've gotten some adventures to work. So, when I came to France, I noticed right as I got there a mailman was putting mail in the mailbox attached to the adventure board. I thought that was a little odd. Then, as I checked an adventure, I got one, it worked, whatever. Thereafter, as usual, the normal glitch kicked in and there was no adventure. I thought about the fact that there was a mailman before, and the little flag on the mailbox had gone up. Then I thought, maybe if you just try to smelt a metal or cut a gem, that would raise up the flag, and an adventure would happen. So far, it's worked 3 times. They seem to be the more minor adventures, but what I'm hoping for is that when the mailman shows up, it will kick it in to the bigger adventures. Thus far, it's still in trial mode, but I could be onto something here...

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:10 PM »
What you can also try doing is what I did one time - queue up a bunch of "Check Adventures" and something will eventually pop.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2012, 09:28:40 AM »
France has far fewer major quests than the other two destinations.  I have often noticed, even with a new sim on a first visit and early in the game, that quests (major and minor) are few and far between.   Annoying when you are close to gaining level 3 and want to do it before returning home.  Queuing up multiple requests for adventures just after daylight should eventually net you something.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline simone23

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:47 AM »
I don't think this is a "glitch" and there isn't really any fix.  Not all adventures are available all the time.  I suspect that the programming intent was that there should be a benefit to bringing your Sims back for second and third vacations and there would still be new opportunities and new things to explore when you did.  Let your Sim take the day off and come back and try again the next day.  After the first couple of quest chains, when I send a Sim to pick up a new opportunity from the board, I usually queue up checking the board 8 times, giving them multiple chances to get a hit on getting an opportunity.

anything