Author Topic: The Seven Dudley Sims - Updated October 25  (Read 7744 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Seven Dudley Sims - Updated October 23 (again!)
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 11:48:52 AM »
Whoa, why did the font get all huge at the end?
Anyway, you can theoretically breed fish if you put two in a tank and they decide to reproduce. But, you can also stock a pond on your own lot with Deathfish once you have ten in your inventory and fish them any time of day. I recommend both.
You do not want the LTW of Physical Perfection for Wrath if Greed is going to do Athletic, because Physical Perfection includes maxing Athletic, which would make it not unique. Become an Astronaut will be automatically fulfilled by doing the career portion, of course, and will make her wish for more Promotions and to increase Athletic and Handiness. Martial Arts Master will be fulfilled, I think by SuperMaxing Martial Arts and will pop a lot of martial arts Power Wishes.

This reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist too!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Oz

• Nooboo
  • A Boisterous Ball Hog!
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 12:50:47 PM »
Whoa, why did the font get all huge at the end?

Fouled up a tag. It's fixed now. :)

You do not want the LTW of Physical Perfection for Wrath if Greed is going to do Athletic, because Physical Perfection includes maxing Athletic, which would make it not unique.

Ah, I didn't realize that--good thing you reminded me now! D'oh! Okay, all of a sudden Athletic is looking a little scary because it might be maxed out simply by practicing Martial Arts, and Wrath will almost certainly want it at or close to max just by virtue of the military career.

Okay, I've had something of a revelation and I have a better idea now (plus putting things closer to the right "sin"), so here's a quick question: if I accidentally max Athletic with Wrath, can nobody else ever max Athletic at all? I'm going to use a different supermax skill for the person I have in mind, but I still want to use an Athletic-heavy career path. Is that going to be at all possible?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 12:54:01 PM »
If you SuperMax athletic, no one else can max it.

If you just max athletic as part of a career, another heir can do so too. I decided to not SuperMax athletics for just this reason, because a lot of careers use athletics as one of the factors for promotions. I had my martial artist do the sports career (but I see how military is more in line with Wrath).

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »
Ok, I have to admit.

Bob's farewell holler to Toby had me giggling at 730am, causing a worried look from my roommate.

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 02:09:28 PM »
Dying . . . dying . . .

I love Toby in this so much. Sending him to boarding school was such a perfect Bob thing to do. It's gonna be so sad when he and Justine eventually bite the dust.

Also, from personal experience, I found the pond option to be much easier. Mostly because (in my file at least) deathfish have no idea how to celebrate in a tank.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

naniminna

« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 03:28:02 PM »
You're just chugging right along, aren't ya? Keep in mind that in the rules it says "Don't take breaks from your immortal dynasty. If your readers get withdrawals you fail the dynasty."

;)

Offline Oz

• Nooboo
  • A Boisterous Ball Hog!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 03:57:47 PM »
It helps that I'm off on Tuesdays and Thursdays and don't have anything to grade at the moment. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 11:19:31 PM »
You're just chugging right along, aren't ya? Keep in mind that in the rules it says "Don't take breaks from your immortal dynasty. If your readers get withdrawals you fail the dynasty."

;)

Hahaha, some of our other forum members would do well to remember that as well.
Ah, I didn't realize that--good thing you reminded me now! D'oh! Okay, all of a sudden Athletic is looking a little scary because it might be maxed out simply by practicing Martial Arts, and Wrath will almost certainly want it at or close to max just by virtue of the military career.

Okay, I've had something of a revelation and I have a better idea now (plus putting things closer to the right "sin"), so here's a quick question: if I accidentally max Athletic with Wrath, can nobody else ever max Athletic at all? I'm going to use a different supermax skill for the person I have in mind, but I still want to use an Athletic-heavy career path. Is that going to be at all possible?

Thanks for the help, guys!

Like they said, once a unique SuperMax, no one else can do it. It is actually possible to SuperMax Martial Arts without maxing Athletic. Pam tested it. You just get the first three levels by reading the book, and you level a lot by meditating. Don't break boards or spar more than necessary. That would clash with the Martial Arts Master LTW.

And you're welcome :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:42 AM »
I laughed out loud several times while reading this, wonderful job Oz  :)

Offline Oz

• Nooboo
  • A Boisterous Ball Hog!
Re: The Seven Dudley Sims
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 11:46:06 AM »
Author's Note: Okay, so I cracked and bought Diesel Stuff and Supernatural. Since the lunar cycle was up to the player, I went ahead and set up a perpetual New Moon to prevent zombie spam that could slow things down. As you'll see, buying Supernatural ended up coming into play...

Chapter 4
The Greatest Chef in the World

The pieces were starting to fall into place. The new generation had arrived. Hell's Kitchen was now his. And Bob was tantalizingly close to his goal of immortality. All that remained were a way to prove his worthiness, create the dish... and figure out a way to replicate it in perpetuity.

Life after the birth of little Wrath returned the household to the normal flow of child care. Justine provided the bottles...

...while Bob brought home the aqua-bacon.

Little Wrath's birthday was cause for some celebration... and the first major expansion of the Dudley household!

The living room/dining room/kitchen combination received a small revamping, with the addition of a television set through which Bob could monitor the influence of his evil across the world.

Little Wrath was given the implements by which she could bring the world to its knees.

And Justine's sculpting station was at last brought indoors.

In the back of the lot, a simple museum to Bob's legacy was begun. It was meager now, but with time, it would of course grow.

Speaking of growing...

"Excellent!" Bob said. "It is time for your dark education to begin!

"Where your feet will tread, men will learn to fear! Yes, walk, my lovely avatar of vengeance! Walk!"

"Good, good. Now can you say, 'The feeble works of man will be razed to make way for our new dark kingdom'?"

"It is wonderful to see her developing, sire," Justine said. "But remember that she must also learn to properly void her bowels. I trust that you will be instrumental in such instruction?"

Bob thought it over.

Later, a package arrived in the mail!

All hail the Dark Lord Beelzebub!

I have heard that your dark purpose brings you unto the mortal realm, and you have even spawned an Avatar of Wrath. This is, of course, wonderful news for our purpose. Be warned, however, that mortal children require not just care, but activity. It is with this in mind that I have crafted a grim artifact that should serve your purpose well. Give it to her and let her practice her youthful violence upon its head.

Peace out y'all,

Asmodeus, Archdevil of Baator

"You are to be granted no name except Accomplice!" Wrath roared at the doll. "Submit, puny one!"

"D'awwwwwwwwwww," Bob said. "Look, honey, she's just out of diapers and she's already bending the impudent to her whims!"

"Love you, sweetie," Bob said.

"The worms will feast upon our enemies!" Wrath answered.

"D'awwwwwwwwwwww."

While Bob was raising his young one after his dark practices, Justine made contact with another powerful ally from another realm.

"Money," Justine simply said as the genie formed. "I wish for money. Lots of it."

The influx of cash allowed the Dudleys to purchase--and make improvements to--one of Bob's favorite fishing spots, Summer Hill Springs.

(Yes, my improvements kind of stink right now, but I haven't really sat down with the intent to build much yet. ;) )

Then, one night at work, the staff at Hell's Kitchen--and her patrons--finally recognized Bob for what he was.

"Bob, we've worked with you for some time, and we've reached a conclusion. We know exactly who you are," the saucier at the greasy spoon restaurant said.

"...oh?" Bob said, tugging at his collar. Had his dark purpose been discovered?

"You are... the greatest chef in the world."

Balloons dropped from the ceiling. Reporters swarmed inside. Within moments, a network executive from Cookin' Cable was shoving a contract in Bob's face.

Bob signed it all.

In gratitude for his promotion, Bob found his kitchen updated, along with a new toy...

Congratulations, Bob!

In addition to this new refrigerator, please find enclosed our revolutionary new "Food Replicator" for when you're just too tired to cook. This ingenious device allows you to duplicate any of your delicious dishes in perpetuity!

-Sandy Wiches, CEO, Cookin' Cable

"...any of my delicious dishes?" Bob said. In his hand, he took one of the many Life Fruit that now grew in his bountiful garden. Through a back window, he eyed his personal fishing pond... stocked with Death Fish.

And he celebrated the only way he knew how.

Up Next: Guests at the house of Dudley!

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
Re: The Seven Dudley Sims - Updated October 25
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2012, 01:49:37 PM »
Great job on this! It's craking me me up! Hope you post a new chapter soon!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
The idea for the dynasty is so original! I think your story is HILARIOUS, keep it up!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline donatello

• "Dreamin' dreams to oneday carve in stone..." - Prime Circle
  • Occult
  • Just as well my sims game is unplayable (stupid update issues!) I don't have time these days anyway.
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2012, 06:53:51 AM »
yes please, more, I want more! :P
"Life is not worth living unless lived for someone else" - Albert Einstein
"The only history worth a tinker's dam is the history we made today" - Henry Ford
"If it feels like you have everything under control, you're simply not going fast enough" - Mario Andretti