Author Topic: Witch Weekly - Diary of a Modern Witch [DROPPED]  (Read 3497 times)

Offline necroberry

• Nooboo
Witch Weekly - Diary of a Modern Witch [DROPPED]
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:43:20 PM »
Welcome to Witch Weeky - Diary of a Modern Witch! This will be a story that follows the lives of the Valois witches, starting with the founder of the family, Amara Valois, and her descendants. This is my first Sims story ever, so please bare with me and be gentle.

Information
This will be a legacy of sorts, but not quite, since I lack the time to achieve any sort of in-game goal. The only legacy part about it is that it will last for more generations and have the only requirement that all heirs be female witches. The perspective of the story focuses on the next heir the moment they reach the YA stage.

Index
Prologue

First Generation - Amara Valois

Notes & Updates
Please make sure to check this once in a while. In case something comes up, this is where it will be announced
  • Even if I have read all the rules and information I was able to get my hands on around the forum. I still have no idea what I'm doing, so if there is anything, anything at all amiss, please be so kind as to inform me.
  • 12.09.2012 - The Prologue chapters will be scripted, for story setting. After I'm done with that, story progression will mostly take over.
  • 19.08.2012 - The next chapter will not be posted tomorrow as it was originally scheduled. It will be a little late because I have to retake an exam on the 20th. To make it up I'll post two chapters on the 21st . Thank you for your understanding and thank you, thank you... thank you for the wonderful response to my story. Much love, Amara.

Offline necroberry

• Nooboo
Re: Witch Weekly - Diary of a Modern Witch
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 02:48:25 PM »
Prologue 1.1

My name is Amara Valois and I am a witch. Sweet Circe that sounds like an introduction to one of those weird group therapy meetings... But, the point is that I am a witch, which lately hasn't been much of a shocker, what with the big revealing of the supernatural world and all that, but still, I want to be the first to get my story out, the first real story of a real witch.

I was born to Marigold Valois, a French immigrant fairy (that at least ought to be a shocker), and some dark haired wizard that fled instantly at the words "I'm pregnant". My mother, the fairy, made me who I am today, and I do not mean that in the positive sense of the word. Also my father, the deadbeat wizard -as my mother so fondly calls him day in, day out- had a huge impact on the way I was raised, and I never even met the guy.

In her teens Marigold was the most popular fairy in the arboretum, quite the diva really, she was -and still is- incredibly beautiful, with her big blue eyes and her strawberry blonde hair, her slender figure, her easy-going personality and that demure french accent.

She had a penchant for trouble however, especially with men. You see she has always been quite a flirt, my mother, especially in her teens, but somehow the boys in the fairy community didn't appeal to her rather rebellious nature, she found them too plain, too boyish, too... something and much less of what she wanted. So she ventured outside the community, which was also highly frowned upon, to look for adventures and of course, the man of her dreams, that one dark, brooding and mysterious man, every rebellious girl wants.

And apparently she found him in a wizard that she stumbled upon one day, on the outskirts of the forest. He was charming, or so she says, very dark and handsome, with raven black hair and pale skin and stories of the human world, a world  that Marigold yearned to know. He whispered sweet nothings in her ear every night and she blushed prettily every time he complimented her, her imposing and assertive self was melted down into a blushing, sighing teenager every time he talked. He had my mother wrapped around his small finger in less than a week.

Eventually the High Council of the arboretum found out and my mother was to be locked away in her own house for at least a month. Pfft, but who were they to keep my mother in line, she was after all the most formidable fairy of the community in the last century or so.

Obviously, she escaped and reunited with her brooding and mysterious wizard. On the day of her 18th birthday, he told her he loved her, and I suppose for my young mother that was the way into her... heart.

So, this is when Marigold really messed up: she got pregnant, because contraception is so overrated. Despite my grandparents loving and caring nature, they could not forgive her this. Therefore, quite dramatically, my mother was banished from the community. She was about 19 at the time I think, a child herself, expecting a child. Evidently she turned for help to her wizard lover.

It turned out he wasn't some sort of Byronic hero, he was merely a scumbag with a penchant for the overly dramatic. So now my mother was a very young inexperienced fairy, completely ignorant of the "real" world and expecting a child. Boo hoo...

Her only choice was to settle in a human town -no other fairy community would take her with Merlin knew what spawn growing in her belly. So in comes the panic, and depression, and poverty and traveling from town to town, trying to conceal her true nature, until eventually she managed to settle down into Moonlight Falls, which from the start seemed quite shady, but what with me growing inside of her and the struggle for survival she didn't pay much attention to it.

This shabby old thing is where she settled and where I grew up... I suppose it must've been quite lovely at some point, about half a century ago. But I always did like the blue kitchen, even if blue isn't my cup of tea.

Fast forward some months and finally, enter moi! Marigold bluntly dumped her reaction to my birth at some point in my teens... Apparently she was completely disappointed by my lack of wings, but even more so, completely horrified by my raven black hair and my face in general, because I was every bit my father, except for the eyes -which people say- are hers. Remember how I was telling you at the beginning that my deadbeat father had quite an effect on me growing up? Well, he basically ruined my childhood simply for passing me his genes, but I doubt it would've been any better if I hadn't looked like him either way.

With what I've been telling you so far about my mother, you must've drawn the conclusion that she was in no way prepared to look after herself, much less a young infant she was not very fond of. She hasn't told me much about my toddler years, and I don't remember much of them. But I do know that's when I started manifesting my inner witch, and that was another blow to Marigold.

She was childish, so as a child we at least got along well when it came to fun and games, but I wasn't a big fan of those. It wasn't so bad... I mean I was not aware of all the wrongs in our lives, I couldn't grasp the situation as I do now. There was a lot of pink involved in my childhood clothes. I am not proud of those times but I had no choice.

She was working all sorts of odd jobs, parading all sorts of men around the house and I was left to fend for myself and take care the house. So I grew up quite neat. You do, when you have to clean up after your party animal of a mother coming home walking in all directions at 3 in the morning, dumping her clothes everywhere on her way to the bedroom. You can imagine, that I had serious trust issues at that point... I was quite a bit of a loner and aside from animals my interactions with other humans were the bare minimum.

But one day on my way home from school I found the loveliest, blackest cat in the world and brought it home. After much arguing and words of wisdom like "Tres bien, keep him! But you feed him, you clean after him, it is your responsibility, and yours alone! And I don't care where you get the money from because I am not spending a simoleon on that furball!". Really, mother? So, Azrael stayed. He eventually ended up being my one only friend and I discovered I am quite the cat person.

I realize I could've had it much worse, so let's say my childhood wasn't horribly awful. My teenage years, however, are an entirely different story, but that's something for another night. Thank you for deciding to accompany me through the journey of my life, and welcome to "Witch Weekly - Diary of a Modern Witch". Bonne nuit my dear readers!

A/N: Constructive criticism is always encouraged as I am at my first Sims story and I have a lot to learn. Thank you for taking the time to read. Much love, Amara.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Spork-tastic

• Immortal
  • Keeping it Spork Since 2011
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 05:29:47 PM »
Great writing! I love this story for sure. This is one of my favorite stories so far. I also love your screenshots.

Offline SadieHamming

• Immortal
  • Call me Sadie :)
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 06:20:49 PM »
This is really good so far! I love how you've written it and the idea. ;D

Joanne

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:05:22 AM »
Great story, I'll be reading for sure. I love all your screenshots.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:19:48 AM »
Interesting idea for a story I will be reading with interest.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:17 AM »
This looks interesting. Good luck to your witch!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odinsdottir

• Spline Reticulator
  • Occult
  • Artistic, Natural Cook, Cat Person, Insane, Flirty
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2012, 09:47:29 AM »
Fascinating!  I look forward to it continuing.  I like your writing style and your screenshots are very nice.  I have three black cats myself, so I quite like Azrael! :-*
x, EAOdinsdottir.

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

Offline DeLouche

• Occult
  • Sims3 - because being omnipotent is fun!
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
Ace! Good pacing, style, and characterisation... Really enjoying this! Great screenshots as well - I like how you've edited them, they look awesome.

I love black cats too! I used to have two - now sadly only one.... I shall keep an eye on Azreal :D

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2012, 11:31:50 AM »
This is really interesting! Great writing and pictures!  :D
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline SpiritedTreasure

• Sosi the Raven
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 02:23:20 PM »
I really like this.  :)
"Courage looks you straight in the eye. She is not impressed with power trippers, and she knows first aid. Courage is not afraid to weep, and she is not afraid to pray, even when she is not sure who she is praying to. When she walks it is clear she has made the journey from loneliness to solitude. The people who told me she was stern were not lying. they just forgot to mention she was kind."
-J. Ruth Gendler

Offline Katie123urgreat

• Causton CID
  • Occult
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2012, 11:26:27 PM »
You have an absolutely wonderful writing style and your screenshots are amazing! I will be reading this for sure.  :D

"Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?" -Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

DS Ben Jones: I appreciated your trust over the Masons thing.
DCI Tom Barnaby: Trust, Jones, is something hard to win, easy to lose, and never to be taken lightly.
Jones: William Shakespeare, sir?
Barnaby: No! Thomas Barnaby.
-Midsomer Murders

Offline Coocoo girl

• The Desert Devourer
  • Occult
  • This isn't my simself, just to avoid confusion.
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 11:26:39 PM »
I am going to be busy clicking the bookmark button for just a second...Ok, done!  That was awesome!
EAT COOKIES.  You'll like them!
Coocoos current story:
http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,11405.0.html (Light legacy)
New chapter!:All that glitters is not gold(but there is some gold)

Offline necroberry

• Nooboo
Re: Witch Weekly - Diary of a Modern Witch [Notification]
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 02:53:06 PM »
Unfortunately, my HDD went and gave me a near heart-attack when it decided to just go BOOM! Well, it wasn't a "boom" per se, but it died, just died... None of the data was recoverable and so I have lost everything from my lovely witch to all the CC and, well, practically four years of my virtual life. I have just last week managed to finally put my PC together, after a long and arduous battle, installed Sims ad all its EPs and SPs and went hunting for CC trying to maybe rebuild everything needed to pick up the story where I left it off, but alas there is too much I no longer have and remember and it just wouldn't be "Witch Weekly" anymore.

I am very sad to drop this right when I was starting and feel awfully sad knowing it even managed to grab some interest (it being my first story and all), but to make it up I am currently working on a new story. And I promise, promise, promise that I will take every precaution needed to make sure nothing like this will ever happen. I thank you so much for those that have taken an interest and maybe even a liking to what could have been Witch Weekly, and I profusely apologize to you all and hope I can make it up to you with my next story.

Much love,
Amara

anything