Author Topic: Problem With Lights Flickering After Last Update  (Read 5437 times)

ffranco999

Problem With Lights Flickering After Last Update
« on: June 09, 2010, 05:57:09 PM »
After my system automatically downloaded the latest Sims 3 update from EA, there is now a problem with the lights flickering when I play the game. Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what is the solution?

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
  • "Sh! Be quiet! The nutters are out to get me."
Re: Problem With Lights Flickering After Last Update
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 06:10:10 PM »
Lights flickering, I've experienced something of this nature on my build/buy mode grid. Whenever I'm in there the grid flickers strangely and has weird lighting to it. It's really odd. Could you please specify what you mean by lights flickering though? Like in regular mode, or in your own house?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

ffranco999

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
It happens in both build and play modes. The lights are flickering or flashing. Sometimes so brightly I thought there must be a searchlight or something like that revolving around the scene. Also, the shadows and dark areas are much darker now than before downloading the update. Another thing I just noticed, sometimes four red squares appear about a third of the way down from the top and about a third of the way inside from the right edge of the screen.

This all just started a couple of days ago. Before then, none of this was going on.

With this problem, and my problem with Riverview discussed in another thread, I might try uninstalling the game and then doing a clean reinstall. That's probably the next step. I might refuse the update too.

If anyone has a solution or any information on this problem I would appreciate hearing it.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 11:39:30 PM »
Yeah, that's the best I could ever recommend is to just uninstall it and then reinstall it and try it without the patch before you see if it was your game or the patch that suddenly got bugged.

ffranco999

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 01:41:23 PM »
For anyone else with a similar problem, I solved the flickering lights problem by going into the options menu and adjusting lighting and shadows to Low.

Offline LivvieLove

• Queen of Mush
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 10:53:28 AM »
Thanks for sharing the tip! I may need to do that seeing as my lights just started doing it too! :)

anything