Author Topic: Winter in Riverview: File Lost (Failed)  (Read 10824 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Young Adulthood
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2012, 09:24:33 PM »
I think about Mom constantly.  I know the Winter family has a tendency to make ghostly visits, so maybe I'll see her again someday.  In the meantime, it's a little unbearable.

Liza came over to celebrate her own graduation after Mom died.  Simon was still mourning, and asked her if she'd like to move in.  She said yes immediately and lives with us now.

The day she moved in, she had a cow going through the basement.  The Clarys are an old family and she recognized a lot of the stuff we'd ignored.  She even walked right into that freaky tube and said she was going to use it to lose weight.  It was the craziest thing.  She walked out looking about 20 pounds lighter!

She gives Simon a lot of comfort, even if she is worried about seeing our famous family ghosts.

My garden is growing by the day.  I take so much joy in watching it flourish.

I joined the journalism career, but no pictures of that yet because the early days of the career come with a truly horrible uniform!  Simon started working at the bistro, and Liza took so immediately to Mom's easel and with such surprising talent, that we both encouraged her to register as an independent painter.

Dad aged up to an elder while we were at work.  Liza was there to cheer for him, at least.

As we went through the days, Simon and I pushing through career growth and Liza painting a million paintings, things seemed to taper off and it stopped hurting so much that we'd lost Mom.

Then, one night, I (finally) met Grandma Mia.

We talked for hours!

She had as many questions for me as I had for her.  She didn't know Mom had died and got really sad when I told her.  I hope to see her again soon.

Oh, and this happened (like it will surprise anyone).

And she said yes.  (again, big surprise)

Aaand I spent the night at a friend's house because I was uncomfortable with what I knew was going on in the next room that night.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Postcard from Karnak
« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2012, 09:27:38 PM »
Hey, sis!

Man, Egypt is incredible.  I'm so glad you knew where the deed was to this little vacation hut.  It's spectacular.  Check out this picture of the ancient ruins of Karnak

See that tiny white blip there toward the bottom?  That's me getting married and that's as close as you get.  Just kidding!  Here's a better angle.

I told you I was going to marry that girl, and I did!  We're loving it here.  She's painting up a storm and I've decided to revisit our old Scouting days and try some fishing.  We'll be home soon.  Take care of Dad.

Love you lots and lots,

Simon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.