Author Topic: Questions about inventing  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Elena

• Townie
Questions about inventing
« on: April 20, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
I've never done an inventing super-max before and feel very confused when trying to get it done for the first time. This forum has helped me a lot through game play so I wonder posting my question here would get any help. Thanks in advance:)

Firstly the masterful invention - I searched this forum and found someone mentioning that a masterful miner is not noisy. So after finishing that challenge, I made my girl producing a new miner then drilled the garden at night when others were at sleep - still it woke up everybody complaining about the noise. The masterful havester no longer stressed people out though. Therefore, I am quite confused about whether the masterful miner should still be noisy but do something else better, or is this just a glitch?

The next thing is the percentage of invention discovered. It looks like she's already invented everything on the list from this site, including simbot, which opportunity chains did appear and she found everything and completed making it. However, the percentage stats on the journal is still somewhere around 80% - The invent option is still there so I made her play with it - she does not seem to fail discovering as there is no catching fire scene or disappointed postures. It now looks like she simply discovered an invisible item after a while of dabbling and happily placed it into her inventory - which won't show up anything new either. She is an young adult now, started inventing skill in teen age, back them she did this invisible thing as well but once grown up, she's able to discover new items again and she reached level 10 a few days afterwards. After all inventions from site list are discovered I thought the option should grey out but no?

Finally I am trying to get the detonating challenge done and don't know how to make chain reaction. I read somewhere about lining up dishwashers or placing chairs close but still the final blown up piece is just one without affecting anything nearby. If chairs are attached to a table then detonating the table might count the result to be 3-4 but won't be 6-8. Did I do anything wrong and is there a quicker way to finish that challenge?

p.s. I don't know if these question should be posted here or other places like skill/miscellaneous help. Please let me know if I should make a new post there or kindly move it for me:)

Offline Wai

• Immortal
Re: Questions about inventing
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 10:06:01 AM »
For multiple detonations, I usually use small inventions.  I store all the smashers made to complete one of the other challenges, (create 250 items - sorry I haven't done this in a long while, so don't remember all the stages clearly) in a storage chest then I place  them in a square, about 8x8 in the garden.  Set the detonation in the approximate centre and detonate.  A few items will survive.  Collect the scrap and layout another square including the survivors and repeat. 

Try going to the garbage dump and detonating there!  With a bit of luck you might blow up all the cars parked outside!  Doesn't yield a lot of scrap, but, makes a grat deal of mess!
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Elena

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 12:33:02 PM »
For multiple detonations, I usually use small inventions.  I store all the smashers made to complete one of the other challenges, (create 250 items - sorry I haven't done this in a long while, so don't remember all the stages clearly) in a storage chest then I place  them in a square, about 8x8 in the garden.  Set the detonation in the approximate centre and detonate.  A few items will survive.  Collect the scrap and layout another square including the survivors and repeat. 

Try going to the garbage dump and detonating there!  With a bit of luck you might blow up all the cars parked outside!  Doesn't yield a lot of scrap, but, makes a grat deal of mess!

Thank you so much for the tips! Unfortunately I've sold all my smashers and so I can't test your method - never thought of this before!
I did find garbage dump the best place to blow up, but it can only be used once everyday.
As for scraps I never worry about them anymore, I've blown the plane model outside military base already and has to sell them because it's just way too many that it freezes when I take them in and out of her inventory.

She's about 40 items short to finish that challenge now, so maybe a few trips to the junkyard will do:0

Offline Wai

• Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2013, 08:59:51 PM »
Elena

If you just want to get it done with and don't mind spending a few $, there are some very small and very cheap items in the decorations menu which can be exploded.  Sorry, I can't remember what I used on one occassion when I just neede a small number of items to complete the chellenge, but think it was a small, rather ugly little pot of flowers.  Strangely, some of those small items won't explode, I think the flamingo is one of these.
“In this world, there is nothing softer or thinner than water. But to compel the hard and unyielding, it has no equal. That the weak overcomes the strong, that the hard gives way to the gentle -- this everyone knows. Yet no one asks accordingly.”
 Lao-Tse

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 02:27:32 AM »
Strangely, some of those small items won't explode, I think the flamingo is one of these.

Maybe it's a built in safety feature? (sorry couldn't help myself)

anything