Author Topic: No longer able to garden  (Read 2529 times)

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
No longer able to garden
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:39:19 PM »
First time posting on a forum!  So hopefully I am putting this in the correct place.

So I was painting, stopped to react to a meteor.  Waited a few moments nothing happened, so I went back to painting.  Then all of a sudden I am killed by the meteor.  It was great!

Thankfully I had a deathflower in my inventory, so I did not die.  Finished my day, woke up the next morning and I can not garden, at all!  I took out all my seeds and other deathflowers in case it was a bug like with the fishing/shopping glitch, but I can not garden.  Any ideas please?
Ignorance is not an excuse, please read the forum rules.

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
Re: No longer able to garden
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »
Explain exactly what it is that your sim does when you give the garden command.  I think it may be a bug but you would have to explain in detail what happens.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 08:48:01 PM »
This one I have not heard of yet.  I would say not to save it and go back, but it is obviously too late.  I know you are suppose to save often, but not saving has saved my game a few times.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:07:43 PM »
Yes, we definitely need more details about what happens when you try to garden.  And welcome to the Forum!
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2010, 12:29:43 AM »
OK, went back and made notes so I could try to give good details.  This time I clicked on every plant possible.  I move the cursor over the plants, it turns to the arrow/gear pointer, then when I click on it, it says there are no interactions available.  There was only one, a money tree, that I was able to click on, which said replace for $1,900+.  So I clicked replace, made the tree go away and nothing showed up in its place. 

I was thinking, since my house caught fire, maybe my entire garden was damaged.  But I had tended the garden before the meteor, after I went to bed, my plants produced fruit/need watering/grew weeds.  They also dont look damaged.  So I am at a loss.  I have yet to go into buy mode to see if it will let me delete from there. 

Any other info you need I will find.  Thanks for helping!

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 12:34:54 AM »
If you can delete them, maybe start over and see what happens.  Just a thought.  I hate starting over on anything. lol
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 01:22:13 AM »
It's possible they were damaged in the fire. Are you able to plant new ones?
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gerrr00

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 01:56:55 AM »
I tried and discovered that I can plant as long as it is not near where my "unable to garden" plots are.  So the first 5 by 2 section of my garden I get the red box, beyond that I can.  

I also went into buy mode. I moved the plants around, tried to garden, but still couldn't tend my plants.  Still can't plant in the front section.  Though I am able to sell the plants in buy mode, for a perfect garlic plant I got 240 for it.  

So I will have to ignore the front of my garden, delete all my perfect plants and start the garden over.  

So the meteor must have been radioactive or something and ruined my dirt, lol.  I can live with that.  Fingers crossed no other bugs show up!