Author Topic: Hello and an introduction to my simming ways :)  (Read 3966 times)

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
  • I may have a sharp tongue but I have a soft heart
Hello and an introduction to my simming ways :)
« on: June 05, 2010, 01:36:27 AM »
Hello,

I am Kat and although not new to the Sim franchise, I used TS2 to build pretty houses. I got TS3 for my birthday way back in February and although I initially used it to build houses again, I found that the game play is more simple.

I am a cheater, I love the cheats and use them all the time, some may feel that this means that I am not truly playing the game but I really enjoy it. I started this time wanting to control a teen Sim only because if I turn off aging until I am ready for him to venture into the wide world, then I can get some of his skills and friendships maxed out. So the first time I killed off his poor parents and then went on my merry way, I had managed to get his logic skill up to 8 when a nasty little glitch meant that he would no longer stay in school. So I started again, this time I did not feel like killing off his parents, it was hard enough to watch the poor boy break his heart the first time without doing it a second time :).

So now here I am, a family of eight, the mother is in a medical career track, the father in the law enforcement career track with the proper corresponding lifetime wishes. My darling little teen boy is a model son, with a logic skill of 10, writing skill of 8 and various other lower end skills. Then I decided to bring in more babies because all of my family have the family orientated trait and it just seemed like a really nice thing to do. So both the parents took the fertility treatment and went on the have 3 adorable triplet girls, and with a quick cheat I took boring babies and made them into adorable toddlers at which point my lovely teen took on the role of teaching them all to walk, talk and potty train. He now has a great bond with the girls and when I aged them up again (because they had got all the skills they could as toddlers) he now helps them all with their homework each night.

Triplets and a teen in one house was not enough for my mother and after a short while she had a longing for another baby, so I happily obliged and now they have twin baby boys.

I love this game, and my goal is to take my teen boy and play with him and his generation until some far distant time that I get bored of this darling little family. I have not really decided which career direction this boy should take, but I am very fond of him. In an ideal world I would love him to be a teacher. Although having a smart jock also seems appealing.

I love this website the detail of all the hints and other gems I have discovered whilst lurking around.

I think I have introduced myself and my Sim family now lol :)

Kat
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: Hello and an introduction to my simming ways :)
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2010, 01:49:22 AM »
Hi Kat and welcome to our Forum!

There's a new Educator career in the Ambitions expansion pack. It works like all the original careers with the school being the place of business. If you have Ambitions or plan to get it, that might be perfect for your teenage boy.  :)
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2010, 03:33:11 AM »
Hi Kat! I used to use cheats all the time, but now I discovered you get a lot more drama without it! Who knew sims could be such drama-queens!

Is the Education Career an Adult Job or just a part-timer? If it is an Adult Job well the clue is in the name... For a part time job the teen can stay a teen.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2010, 03:57:10 AM »
It's an adult job with 10 levels. The teen will have to grow up to be a teacher.  :)

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2010, 04:03:00 AM »
Okay, Thanks Pam!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
Welcome Kat
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Melly,Miss

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »
'Ello Gov'na! Welcom to Port Carl.
~Sorry, Pirates of the Caribbean is on... Lol I dub this site Port Carl! Attack Ye Harty matees!
 ;D
*Just ignore me*

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 09:47:06 PM »
Thanks All for the fantastic welcome!

I would love to get ambitions and when I have the money spare I may just do that, however I am having so much fun just playing TS3 that I am not entirely sure that I am ready for a new challenge just yet.

I haven't played that much the last few days, we are getting ready to move so it has been a lot of packing and prepping for a massive garage sale.

That being said, I have restless fingers right now and I am wanting to do some house design. I love to design outrageously massive houses that in reality do not work for playing the game. I think this is because I let my families get so huge that to have a two level house would mean chasing toddlers or children up and down the stairs :)

I am also thinking about writing a story about my family errr ok maybe not this one, but reading through this site I am now curious about attempting to play the game without using so many cheats and see how I struggle :)

Thanks again guys :)
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes we have to wait a long time for the reason to become clear.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:02 PM »
We working on a building contest, kat. It will start with beginner houses that may be too simple for you, but we'll be moving along to more difficult houses over the next few months. I'm hoping to launch the first building contest on July 1, 2010.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:29:58 PM »
I guess I had better get started on the crazy eight challenge, I almost forgot all about it because of ambitions and home issues.  Now that I am on the mend, I guess I had better make my sims and start collecting.  That challenge sounds pretty interesting Pam, although I am not much of a builder.  My sister loves to build, I just do add ons and makeovers, lol.
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Esther1981

• Cornelia Goth Enthusiast
  • Watcher
  • Cornelia is so awesome!!
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 02:45:22 PM »
Welcome Kat! I always play with cheats also! I really had problems before I found them! I couldn't make them happy! I used to use the moodlet manager, now I just keep all needs static! I can do it without the money cheats, that's not an issue, just keeping everything in the green is!

Offline KJSinclair

• Townie
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 04:53:49 PM »
Lol,

I know the feeling, now I have no problem keeping one little Sim happy without cheats, but a whole family, I think not!

I had a couple of hours on TS3 last night so now I am happy, what on earth I am going to do when I am on the road for near two days, is anybodies guess.

I don't know if maybe it is a glitch but I find if I have mood static, then my Sims seems to have very little free will, I like having high free will, I like the quirky things my Sims get up to when I am not hovering a pointer over their heads :)

Thanks again for the Welcome