Author Topic: I followed an NPC Firefighter home from the Fire Station...  (Read 5068 times)

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
I followed an NPC Firefighter home from the Fire Station...
« on: December 31, 2012, 07:30:46 AM »
...and they got in a Sloppy Jalopy, drove around town for a bit, then finally walked onto the Bunch lot (In Naga's Sunset Valley) and disappeared. This was at 2AM in the morning or thereabouts. At 5AM he returned in a Big Lemon at somewhere else other than where he despawned. I'm going to keep an eye on this behaviour for now, but what do you think this is? Have you had similar experiences?
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: I followed an NPC Firefighter home from the Fire Station...
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 09:01:13 AM »
...and they got in a Sloppy Jalopy, drove around town for a bit, then finally walked onto the Bunch lot (In Naga's Sunset Valley) and disappeared. This was at 2AM in the morning or thereabouts. At 5AM he returned in a Big Lemon at somewhere else other than where he despawned. I'm going to keep an eye on this behaviour for now, but what do you think this is? Have you had similar experiences?

This is what happens with the NPC characters that don't have a residence in town.  They appear when the game cues them to do so, and when they're done they vanish back into the computer memory or wherever it is they are stored.  When they disappear they aren't actually "going" anywhere physical in the Sim town, so they appear and disappear at random places.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 10:04:20 AM »
It just happen like when you go traveling (if you have world adventure). You'll be driven to random lot, and then the game started to load your traveling destination.
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
This is what happens with the NPC characters that don't have a residence in town.  They appear when the game cues them to do so, and when they're done they vanish back into the computer memory or wherever it is they are stored.  When they disappear they aren't actually "going" anywhere physical in the Sim town, so they appear and disappear at random places.

Ahh right, is it worth me following them?

It just happen like when you go traveling (if you have world adventure). You'll be driven to random lot, and then the game started to load your traveling destination.

I didn't know it was a random lot, I thought it was the one furthest to the borders of town.

I also have a bit more research. At the firestation, Artie Page and Ian Bowler have completely dissapeared! Beau Andrews and Madison VanWatson *seem* to have caused these two NPC's to completely disappear!
Katantunoro's Signature Blog: I find myself with an extremely large bounty of pencil sharpeners recently. I have 5 stacked on my desk!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 06:33:36 PM »
Ahh right, is it worth me following them?

That depends on what you're wanting to achieve!  Are you just curious about where they're going, or are you hoping to befriend them?  Once your Sim has met them, s/he can phone the NPC and if the relationship is high enough, they will come over when invited.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »
That depends on what you're wanting to achieve!  Are you just curious about where they're going, or are you hoping to befriend them?  Once your Sim has met them, s/he can phone the NPC and if the relationship is high enough, they will come over when invited.

I guess I would of befriended them, but they've since disappeared into the eternal void, so I've given up. I was friends with Ian Bowler, so I might give him a ring!

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
I guess I would of befriended them, but they've since disappeared into the eternal void, so I've given up. I was friends with Ian Bowler, so I might give him a ring!

Yeah, those NPC's can be challenging at times.  But I have also had games where both Artie Page and Ian Bowler moved in with town residents, so it's worth keeping an eye open for them.  One of my games I found them living with Agnes Crumplebottom, and another time I'm sure they wound up living with Gobias.  You just never know what those Sims will get up to!  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Katantunoro

• Kerfuffle Lord
  • Nooboo
  • Ssh, it's personal!
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 09:19:16 AM »
Yeah, those NPC's can be challenging at times.  But I have also had games where both Artie Page and Ian Bowler moved in with town residents, so it's worth keeping an eye open for them.  One of my games I found them living with Agnes Crumplebottom, and another time I'm sure they wound up living with Gobias.  You just never know what those Sims will get up to!  :D

With Aggie or Gobias? I think I must go stake-out some lots now. I'm not really bothered though since I'm moving a new sim into Union Cove!