Author Topic: The Dard Dynasty - Children of Zeus  (Read 8378 times)

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
Re: The Dard Dynasty - Children of Zeus
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2012, 08:24:41 PM »
Loving this story! Please put the next chapter up soon
Thank you! It's coming out *hopefully* this Tuesday, or Wednesday at the latest.

Offline Eternal Iris

• Nooboo
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:07 AM »
Clearly following this story closely! So well-written. I feel for that girl.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2012, 01:56:28 AM »
Clearly following this story closely! So well-written. I feel for that girl.
I'm glad to have you following!
And poor Agnes :( I feel for her too. She'll get a happy ending eventually though!

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
Sorry for not updating yesterday! Unfortunately, this will be a picture-less part two of the prologue because my Pets disc snapped in half and my mom won't buy me a new copy (whether it's Pets or Showtime is debatable) for a couple of days. The first actual chapter will be released tomorrow.

Prologue Continued
My son was amazing, a true demigod. He was stronger, faster, smarter, and overall better than his peers. Sadly, he saw little of the kids his age as, per Zeus' instructions, I was forced to quarantine him. Throughout his childhood he wasn't allowed to learn a single skill or otherwise advance himself. I had to homeschool him to assure this. He was mainly kept locked up, with only a stuffed toy and me for company. I felt so bad for my son but I made sure to teach him how to become a true Dard the best I could. I promised him that I would somehow meet him and aid him in his quest in this other world. I, Agnes, would make sure my son did not fail.
I will watch my son walk through the golden gates to Olympus.

Offline madmax2006

• Llama Wrangler
  • 5s are amazing.
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 12:40:32 AM »
Eeeee! That's an interesting prologue, poor kid to be locked away tho :(

In other news, D: Poor you! Sucks about the disk... Although, if you are comfortable with it just install the Nraas nocd mod! Lets you run the game without the CD. If you arn't comfortable with mods, then don't do it. Just a suggestion ;D
This was a triumph.. Yeah i forget the rest ;D

The Eclipso Legacy :D (Graveyarded D=)
Frobidden Fangs; A Dramatic Vampiracy!
Diggin' For Gold!

I'm just your classic gaming writer with an un-natural obsession with 5s, sims and books.

Offline Ilessthan3TheSims

• Occult
  • Call me iless :)
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:27:15 AM »
if you get showtime disc you wont have to worry that it won't run without pets though? :)

Offline NeeNeePearl

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 09:08:10 PM »
Oooh, I'm sorry about your disk, but awesome story though!!! I can't wait to read the next part!  :D
“When it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow.” - G.K. Chesterton

The Diamond Dynasty - A Girl From Simasi

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 02:39:29 PM »
if you get showtime disc you wont have to worry that it won't run without pets though? :)
I'm just going to download it and play with Showtime! :)

Oooh, I'm sorry about your disk, but awesome story though!!! I can't wait to read the next part!  :D
Thank you! And it really stinks, because I want to start ASAP but I can't :(

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 06:20:32 PM »
Just installed Showtime! Let's get playing! ;D

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 12:01:21 AM »
I got the "Exceptions Raised" error or whatever it's called. I was done building the house too :( Hadn't saved at all. Should I post the chapter now or wait until I replay it?

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 12:53:02 AM »
Eeeee! That's an interesting prologue, poor kid to be locked away tho :(

In other news, D: Poor you! Sucks about the disk... Although, if you are comfortable with it just install the Nraas nocd mod! Lets you run the game without the CD. If you arn't comfortable with mods, then don't do it. Just a suggestion ;D
I'm sorry I missed your comment! And I wouldn't mind installing a mod, but it's illegal to have one installed while playing an Immortal Dynasty.

Offline madmax2006

• Llama Wrangler
  • 5s are amazing.
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 02:11:59 AM »
I'm sorry I missed your comment! And I wouldn't mind installing a mod, but it's illegal to have one installed while playing an Immortal Dynasty.
It's not a mod that modifies gameplay, it just bypasses the disc thingy whatever  ;D

And you got exceptions raised? ARG that error, you play on Mac? I haven't heard of a case where it's on windows. As far as I know, no fixes D: I got it like, this morning and I swear I nearly threw my MacBook out my window.

And it's ok :D
This was a triumph.. Yeah i forget the rest ;D

The Eclipso Legacy :D (Graveyarded D=)
Frobidden Fangs; A Dramatic Vampiracy!
Diggin' For Gold!

I'm just your classic gaming writer with an un-natural obsession with 5s, sims and books.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2012, 02:41:45 PM »
It's not a mod that modifies gameplay, it just bypasses the disc thingy whatever  ;D

And you got exceptions raised? ARG that error, you play on Mac? I haven't heard of a case where it's on windows. As far as I know, no fixes D: I got it like, this morning and I swear I nearly threw my MacBook out my window.

And it's ok :D
Yep, I'm a mac player. I'm having a hard time getting the Dard file going.

Offline EchoLegacy

• Townie
  • TODDLERS <3
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 04:08:25 AM »

Chapter One: Finding Help

Dear Diary,
Woke up this morning on the cold hard ground of my new property. This is where my journey will begin. My mother had been given a book about the future eras to help me prepare. I read that book every night; I memorized that book. This appeared to be the early 2000s. Too bad, I really wanted to experience the 3000s.

In the end, the rules had changed and my dog, my best friend, was unable to come with me to make sure I had no advantage over any other Dards. Despite this, our bond is strong and I can feel her spirit guiding me on my journey while her body is stuck in a different time. Now I felt her leading me to the complete other side of town.

I rode in one of this time's machines, known as a "cab" or "taxi" to get to my destination. I would have preferred the hover boards promised in the 3000s, but it got me to where I needed to go. The house I had arrived at was quite grand and modern, from what I could remember from my books. I quickly paid the driver with the "simoleon" they use in this time and hurried up to the door, and, after taking a deep breath for courage, gently knocked on the white wood. I scampered back off the porch and waited.

The moment she walked out was like on frozen in time. I was breathless and speechless and I could feel my legs wobble dangerously beneath me. She was the one my mother promised would be there to help me. I began to feel like a little boy again the moment I started functioning once more. After all, I clearly needed the help of my mother.

I quickly apologized for bothering her, but she just laughed and pointed out that she will be the one bothering him. After all, not many grown men live with pseudo-mothers. She also admitted that ever since her husband Eric had passed all she had was the hope that some day I would show up, as a young woman--my mother--had promised, and that she would help me fulfill my destiny. "It helped me wake up every morning; any day could be the day he appeared."

She was just like my mother: sometimes she was grumpy, but there was nothing more she enjoyed than a good book. We got along very well and quickly became very good friends. I'm glad we did, because she will be the one documenting the first couple generations of my family to prove to Zeus that what I said I had accomplished was true.

The house--or should I say houses--will be built tomorrow, as it was much to late for the builders to come tonight. Luckily, Aggie was a good sport about sleeping in a bag.
Good night,
Exodus Dard
P.S. Agnes shares my mother's name. How odd is that? It means "pure" in my home tongue.

Generation One: Exodus Dard
The Exiled Son of Zeus
LTW: Swimming in Cash
SuperMax: Gardening
--Other Maxes: Handiness, Fishing
Career: Science
Building:
Property:
LTRs:
Best Friends:
Black Ops:

anything