Author Topic: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Attempt 3 at a dynasty)  (Read 6033 times)

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Attempt 3 at a dynasty)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2012, 08:03:43 AM »
Apollo was second to the dresser, and I sure don't understand where the Chinese eye shape came from.

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

Finally it was Sofia's turn. She is still beautiful in my eyes

Everyday

Formal

Sleepwear

Athletic

Swimwear

After so much within one day, we all went to bed very early. Ryssa and Apollo will be starting high school tomorrow, and everyone will be back to normal, or as normal as can be. Ryssa has taken a liking to watching the cooking channel, perhaps it will be educational for her. Apollo has thrown himself into learning logic, and I have absolutely no idea why, but maybe he has an plan for something. And while Amy was doing the laundry she found a third magical laundry gnome. These things seem to like us for some reason, but don't ask me why as I don't have a clue.

Acheron Parthenopaeus (Gen 1)
Artistic, Savvy sculptor, Eccentric, Green Thumb, Perfectionist.
LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci (0/3)
Career: Self-employed Painter (6/10)
Supermax: Painting (9/10, no challenges done)
Best Friends: Sofia (Carlton) Parthenopaeus, Amy Bull, Ryssa Parthenopaeus
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Done), Art Class(Done), Uncommonly Good(Done),
Investments:
Unique LTR's: Super green thumb,
Museum Pieces: YA Portrait(Done), Adult Portrait(Done),

Ryssa Partenopaeus (Gen 2)
Excitable, Hates the outdoors, Perfectionist, Natural Cook.
LTW:
Career: Culinary
Supermax: Cooking (4/10)
Best Friends: Acheron Parthenopaeus, Floyd Watson
Black Ops: The Research Project,
Investments:
Unique LTR's:
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait(Done), Child portrait(Done),

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 08:50:12 PM »
Days always start hectically now the kids are teens, with everyone rushing around, trying to get ready for school or doing skills. We got a desk and laptop in my and Sofia's room, and I purchased Elkhorn fishing park. The upgrade has been done, I just hope people will enjoy it, with all the trees it has. Only problem is, it is in quite an out of the way place, in the swamps. I fear Sofia will be the only person to use it, and that's even if she wishes to, but it will bring money in either way. Apollo complained about going to school but he was told in no uncertain terms that it was his duty to get good grades that would see him get far once he became an adult. I don't think he believed us, but he did go in the end, which can only be a good thing.

Sofia decided to spend some time finding rocks and gems and got in a pretty good haul. The metal has been sent for smelting, and I think we'll sell the gems and space rocks as they are. It is money at least, and will keep us going if someone can keep finding some everyday. Prom for the kids will be soon, and I am wondering whether they will be going together, or separately. I'd like to see them enjoy themselves, what parent doesn't? Still, it would be sad if they went alone, as opposed to with dates. Amy has taken to working in the garden when she isn't painting, which eases my load considerably. It allows me to focus more on my lifetime wish, and mastering painting, sculpting and inventing, although to avoid supermaxing inventing I have been using books. Unfortunately there are no books for sculpting, but it is easy enough to avoid supermaxing it, not that any of the others would be allowed to, considering I will have already maxed it.

Oh, oh! While I was painting, I heard Apollo and Ryssa out in the living/dining/kitchen area. Apollo asked Ryssa to the prom, and Ryssa accepted. Will this go in their favour I wonder? They have grown up together, and while they may look on each other as siblings, they surely are not. It seems as if they had been planning this all along, they spent some time together, sharing their first kiss and becoming a couple.

My heart swells with happiness and pride at this knowledge, knowing my darling Ryssa will have someone special to spend her days with. It is too painful to think that she'll lose him, and I will lose my dear Sofia. Yet I know I must watch several others of my line cope with the same fate of losing their loved ones. Is it not enough that we must do these challenges? Why must we also lose those close to our hearts? I am close to being an elder now, and my fears for not completing my own requirements weigh heavily on me. Yet time stands still for no man, or woman as the case may be.

Ryssa continues to work on her cooking skill, she is such a natural at it and it makes me so proud of her. She's already said she wants to be a chef, and I am all for it, of course. Anything to make my little girl happy, even though she isn't so little anymore.

I'm putting more work into sculpting, I just hope I can get it up quick enough, as well as inventing, so that I don't fail my family. My mother is depending on this going well, and if it doesn't?

Apollo continues his logic learning, with the help of a chemistry set. I dread to think of what disasters could happen with it, yet he is adament so I am not going to stop him.

And as I had feared, Apollo gets a nasty surprise when a potion doesn't go according to plan.

Yet he quickly hops into the shower and is clean again. I did try and warn him, but he didn't listen. At least Ryssa's interest isn't so dangerous, and is actually quite delicious as well. Emerald Greenwood commissions a sculpture, and I oblige and take one to her, but there is no time to hang around and chat, as it's straight home to get some rest before more work tomorrow. Ryssa has really taken it upon herself to stock the fridge with wonderful meals, and Amy adds the produce from the garden into the fridge when she can to help keep the costs of the cooking down.

Sorry it's so light on screenshots, there wasn't much to catch really although I do think I'll be cutting it really close with Acheron.

LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci (0/3, Sculpting-8/10, Inventing-3/10, Painting-See below)
Supermax: Painting (9/10, no challenges done)
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Done), Art Class(Done), Uncommonly Good(Done), Sculpture for a friend(Done),
Investments: Elkhorn fishing park(completely upgraded)
Unique LTR's: Super green thumb, Extra Creative,

LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef (0/10)
Supermax: Cooking (6/10, no challenges done)
Best Friends: Acheron Parthenopaeus, Floyd Watson
Black Ops: The Research Project(Done),
Investments:
Unique LTR's:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 11:10:21 AM »
I just wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying this and I am so sorry for not commenting before now. I am really pleased that the blue skin has stayed in the family so far.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2012, 12:56:52 PM »
Thank you Ratchie. I am glad it is being enjoyed, and I know it's the views that matter, not the comments, even though I appreciated both. I just hope I remember to get Ryssa's teen portrait before she ages up. Although what worries me more is getting Acheron's lifetime wish completed, and his career maxed. It's going to be very close if I do get it.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2012, 01:14:14 PM »
I have my fingers crossed that he completes his requirements.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2012, 03:38:33 PM »
Just read this whole thing through.  You have quite a talent for writing.  Can hardly wait to read more.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Lysita

• Townie
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2012, 11:43:27 PM »
Thank you both. It really is nice to know people are rooting for me.

Well, I must say something strange happened today. Apollo's bed was thinking about how it wasn't keen on children. I mean, really? A bed thinking?

The business people called about a stone sculpture to feature on their building, and there was no way I could turn that down. Ryssa continues to keep the fridge stocked with meals, Apollo works hard at discovering potions, and Sofia goes out to find gems, rocks and metals during the day, while Amy continues to paint and see to the garden. Things are coming along nicely, and Ryssa is doing so well with her cooking, I have no doubt she'll get promotions quicker than you know. Apollo also continues to get surprised when potions go awry, I am starting to get used to the sounds when it happens.

Ryssa's friend from school came over, Floyd Watson.

Not bad looking, if I say so myself, but Ryssa already has her heart set on Apollo it seems. Although she did choose to sit near Floyd instead of Apollo while they all did their homework. Apollo immediately set to work on a book he'd been asked to read for school, he is such a good lad and it would be a shame if Ryssa broke his heart. I think they must all have forgotten about prom, as they seemed surprised when the limo honked outside.

Oh, I am so proud of my baby girl, she was voted Prom Queen, and Apollo was voted Prom King. How amazing is that?

*Prom events

Ryssa revealed that she likes Apollo a lot. Apollo was so happy that he couldn't wipe the smile off his face.
Wow! Ryssa really made a good impression on Apollo with some epic dance moves.
Apollo is really charming Ryssa. She hasn't left his side the entire evening.
Ryssa is definitely impressing Apollo with the chicken dance. Apollo started doing it too! This duo is really hitting it off.
Apollo and Ryssa were inseparable. They are definitely hitting it off and possibly the cutest couple at the dance.
Ryssa and Apollo were the dynamic duo of the dance. Everyone was copying their moves and checking out their styles. There is definitely some chemistry there.
Ryssa is having a great time and is starting to have strong feelings for Apollo.
Ryssa has been getting Apollo punch the entire night and making sure he is having a good time. Ryssa's attention to detail is making a good impression on Apollo.*

Well, the pair sure enjoyed themselves, and I am so relieved neither of them got into any fights. It does a man proud to know his daughter had a good time at prom without anything going wrong. And it seems as if Melody, the third laundry gnome, has taken a liking to sitting on top of the dryer.

Hmm. When I checked the fishing park's level on the computer, I saw it was only level one, so it's going to take some work. While I was online I also bought the grocery store, no work needed there thankfully. I feel like I am going to be cutting it very close when it comes to the grim and death. For now though, we need to build our funds in a big way, I just hope it isn't like this all throughout the generations.

So we come up to the day before my birthday, Amy decided to have a wander round and collect some special seeds, while Sofia was fishing at the park I bought. I continue painting, wanting to get this new portrait of Sofia done before I become an elder. I had done a portrait of Ryssa but it was all fuzzy, and I don't want that for my darling daughter so I didn't even think to add it to the museum. I am going to take the next opportunity I can to get another portrait of her, luckily I still have several days before she graduates to get her teen portrait. Amy already got one of Apollo.

I think Amy is hoping to find some life fruit seeds, to be ready for when, or even if, I need Ambrosia. Sofia already has the deathfish needed, and I am hoping either Amy or Ryssa can prepare the dish when it is required. Only time will tell though, won't it?

Apollymi: You will get there, my son.
Acheron: I hope so mother. I truly do, and now I am much closer to fulfilling the requirements, it does seem more likely.
Apollymi: I have complete faith in you Apostolos.
Acheron: I won't let you down, I promise.
Apollymi: I know you won't.

As mother's mental presence retreated the kids returned home, with the news that they had both gotten on the honour roll. I cannot convey in words how happy and proud I am to have heard that news. After finishing my portrait of Sofia, I relaxed on the bed and read about inventing, it's the only skill left that I need to fulfill my lifetime wish. Things couldn't be going better right now although it will still be close, as the fishing park needs some upgrading, which I'm thinking it going to take quite some work. Not only that, but getting more best friends isn't going to be that easy. Anyway, we are all in bed around the same time, getting rest ready for my birthday tomorrow.

LTW: Descendant of Da Vinci (2/3, Sculpting-10/10, Inventing-3/10, Painting-See below)
Supermax: Painting (10/10, one challenge done, 9 paintings overall and 5 masterpieces needed)
Black Ops: In the name of science!(Done!), Fresh Tomato Sauce(Done), Art Class(Done), Uncommonly Good(Done), Sculpture for a friend(Done), Larger than necessary doorstop(Done). Black Ops Completed!!
Investments: Elkhorn fishing park(Level 1), Grocery Store(Get the proper name next time I play)
Unique LTR's: Super green thumb, Extra Creative,

LTW: Celebrated Five-Star Chef (0/10)
Supermax: Cooking (7/10, no challenges done)
Best Friends: Acheron Parthenopaeus, Floyd Watson, Apollo Bull,
Black Ops: The Research Project(Done), Work/School Learning Project(Done),
Investments:
Unique LTR's:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Lysita

• Townie
Re: The Parthenopaeus Immortal Dynasty (Graveyard)
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2012, 08:33:04 PM »
Sorry guys, but this is going to need to be moved to the graveyard.

Laptop got messed up when I tried installing a horse game, had to use recovery discs but they didn't work properly, so having to take laptop into the shop in the morning. All in all, I lost the Parthenopaeus'. RIP Acheron and Ryssa.

anything