Author Topic: Placing Cars on lot  (Read 3288 times)

mysterious21

Placing Cars on lot
« on: May 29, 2010, 06:25:59 AM »
When I build a house I place the car parking bar which is fine and works, when I come to placing a car upon it all I get is "cannot intersect with other objects" and the car cannot be placed on any part of the lot, even though I have flattened the lot before I start to build. Has anybody got any ideas how I fix this as it has only just appeared to happen it was fine for weeks. I have not downloaded any houses, however I did download one to see if the same thing happened and as long as the parking bar was present I could place the car. I could not add another bar and place a car either. Any suggestions would be of use to me.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
Re: Placing Cars on lot
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 07:51:40 AM »
Are you absolutely sure there is nothing in the way of the car space? Do you know how much space you need to leave for a car? Other than that, I've got nothing.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline The Illuminator

• Occult
  • Illumination now with energy saving light bulbs!
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:07:21 AM »
There should be something in the way.

By the way, welcome to the forum!
Le mot impossible n'est pas Francais

The word "impossible" is not French

- Napoleon Bonaparte -

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 08:15:50 AM »
Cars can only be placed on the parking lots, but if you can't put more of those, I would say the house is glitched.
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:21:12 PM »
Welcome to the Forum, mysterious 21!

I've encountered the same problem.  Technically, if the parking space fits on the lot, then the car should fit just fine.  I think it's a bug that's not letting it happen, which EA will probably fix.  In the meantime, try placing the car with Move Objects On.  To do this, you need to open the cheat console by pressing ctrl-shift-c.  You can tell the cheat console has opened because your screen will get a bit darker and you'll be able to type.  Type exactly this:  "moveobjects on" without the quote marks, then press enter.  When finished, repeat the process with "moveobjects off" to return to normal gameplay.  This function lets you place objects anywhere on the lot and is usually used to make unusual decorating items, but I think it will also let you place the car on the parking space.  Let us know if this works for you. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

mysterious21

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 04:23:33 AM »
thanks everyone I will try that. Everytime I go for an update the game tells me I have the latest even though I have only downloaded one update. Suppose they will put out another sometime. But thankyou everyone I will try your suggestions. I will let you know if it works but the parking space does go on and nothing is in the way just the car will not go on the car parking space and it is annoying. Funny though if I put bike racks for the motorbike they can buy that does go on in the same place the car would have gone. Wierd.

Offline sydney511

• Occult
  • R.I.P. Edel - Jan. 14, 1996 - Jul. 02, 2011
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 10:32:55 AM »
Hmmm... check which way the bar is facing, as it should be facing your lot, sort of like this:

[  ------  ]
[            ]
[            ]

The ----- is the bar, and the _____ is the sidewalk. It's pretty hard to explain, sadly.

Edit: Never mind, you're talking about PLACING the car, but you can keep what I said above in mind when it's fixed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline pallyndrome

• Watcher
  • The Goanna
    • Hannah Goanna
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2010, 02:38:26 AM »
I disagree. I have had the bar placed perpendicular to the way you describe and it's fine. And I think I've seen them placed at 45degrees too...

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2010, 02:44:53 AM »
I disagree. I have had the bar placed perpendicular to the way you describe and it's fine. And I think I've seen them placed at 45degrees too...

Me, too. As long as the parking space is green, the car should go on it just fine no matter how it's placed. But there's some kind of bug that's not allowing cars to be placed on properly placed parking spots. Moveobjects on fixes it for me.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."