Author Topic: Starlight Shores Academy  (Read 4886 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Starlight Shores Academy
« on: April 20, 2012, 06:26:04 PM »
STARLIGHT SHORES ACADEMY

Freshman Year

My name is Lucinda Betancourt, and I’m a freshman at Starlight Shores Academy. I still can’t believe my parents actually let me go to school here. This town is so beautiful, and of course, lots of famous people live here. I want to see a magician, and listen to some great singers, but that’s not all. I want to become a great artist, and a famous writer, and a world-renowned guitarist. In case you can’t guess, my major is Fine Arts.

Anyway, this morning I rode the bus up to Starlight Shores Academy. I sat next to Darrin Rankin, who’s going to be a freshman too. He’s majoring in Physical Science, but that’s all I know about him.

Starlight Shores Academy is nestled in the foothills, and has some gorgeous views.

We have a rec room in the main building with all kinds of stuff – video arcade machines, and a dart board, and a foosball table. It all looks pretty expensive.

There’s even a pool table. It doesn’t fit in the rec room, however, so it’s in the same building as the lab.

The laboratory contains a chemistry lab, a workbench, and a sculpting station. I didn’t understand why the sculpting station was there, but Ginny (that’s Ginny Cooper, our housemother, who’s very nice) told me it was because students working in metal might accidentally start a fire, so they needed to be in the room where there was a fire extinguisher and a shower.

The other classroom building contains a gym

…and a music room.

That’s my roommate, Beatriz Avery, playing the piano. She told me that she’s evil, so I’m a little intimidated by her.

We also have a garden. That’s Angelica Moreno planting things in it. She’s majoring in Biology and seems nice.

Our dorm has five bedrooms – one for the housemother, three doubles and one single. I wish I had the single, because I don’t like being around other people much, but there’s an odd number of boys and an even number of girls, so it went to Warren Knight, who’s majoring in Art. There are three bathrooms and a kitchen/dining area.

Besides me, there are six other students. The boys are Warren Knight, Dean Murillo, and Darrin Rankin.

I think Dean and I will become friends because he’s interested in writing like me and is majoring in Communication Arts.

The other girls are Beatriz and Angelica and Shellie Clayton, who’s studying Engineering. Here she is talking to Beatriz.

The only person I don’t have a picture of yet is our housemother, Ginny. She’s pretty nice. I took a bath this morning, and instead of yelling at me, she explained that it would be better to take a shower in the morning because so many people wanted to get ready to go at the same time.

Beatriz told me later that the bathtub was in the housemother’s bathroom and that I shouldn’t have gone in there without permission. I felt so embarrassed. I kind of wish I had Shellie or Angelica as a roommate, but I guess Beatriz and I were put together because we both have an interest in music. This is what our bedroom looks like. I have the lower bunk. G'night!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
Re: Starlight Shores Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 09:38:42 PM »
A ton of potential here.  I really like Lucinda's naivete.  Being embarrassed at using the wrong bathroom, yup, this girl's got a lot to learn!

As bare and simple as your campus seems, it almost reminds me of one of those really strict reform schools (with lots of fun toys inside)!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:47:36 PM »
Almost too many toys! Right now they only have about $2000. I have to wait a bit before adding landscaping.

loveSims

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 12:00:06 PM »
Great story. I hope seven teens don't drive you insane lol!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 01:28:31 AM »
I found out from Dean that it really is okay to use the “housemother’s” bathroom. He and I are friends and do a lot of things together.

They say young people don’t have any willpower these days, but I offer up this picture as testimony otherwise. Here five of us are studying rather than succumbing to the temptations around us.

Of course I don’t study all the time. I’ve been working on my pool shot, the 8-ball frappe. I think you’re supposed to have the blender send the 8-ball into a hole.

I haven’t made it work yet, but when I do, it will be awesome. (Ouch!)

I said we had some gorgeous views from the academy. Here’s one of them, the moon just after sunset.

I’m getting to know some of the other students. Shellie, along with Darrin, is one of our go-to people for plumbing and electrical repairs.

Darrin is a kleptomaniac. He was boasting to me that the tattoo poster hanging over the couch was his latest acquisition.

Warren’s our artist. His work is so much better than mine that it’s embarrassing. But if I keep at it, eventually I’ll produce something good enough to hang on the wall.

Like I’ve already said, Beatriz is into music and is evil. She has graciously allowed me to jam with her and has given me permission to take up the drums (yeah, like who made her queen of the universe?). What she doesn’t know is that drums were my first choice of the instruments available.

Lately, we’ve had an outpouring of pranks. I was the first to suffer, getting my hair dyed in the shower.

Then Shellie had an odiferous encounter with the couch. (That’s Darrin’s “acquisition” hanging above it.)

But the worst prank happened to Ginny, when she was getting ready to go out.

After the talk she gave all of us, which included phrases like “disappointed” and “level of maturity” and “totally unacceptable”, I don’t think there will be any more pranks. I think we all felt a bit chastened because she really is a good egg and does all our cooking and most of the cleaning up.

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 04:35:51 AM »
Love it so far!  I will also be writing a story about this challenge!  :)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2012, 07:17:20 AM »
I'll look forward to reading it.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2012, 08:48:14 AM »
This is kind of like a teenage Big Brother.  Will it all be from Lucinda's viewpoint?

I know Pam said she moved your rules, and I wanted to look at them again, but I can't find them.  Do you know where she put them?

Offline warr2098

• Future Neurologist
  • Immortal
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »
This is kind of like a teenage Big Brother.  Will it all be from Lucinda's viewpoint?

I know Pam said she moved your rules, and I wanted to look at them again, but I can't find them.  Do you know where she put them?

They are Here

Offline CSquared2

• Watcher
  • Got nooboo?
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »
Thanks, warr!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2012, 09:48:43 PM »
Sophomore Year

Beatriz started her sophomore year a little later than the rest of us. I suppose evilness is contagious, because before I met her I wouldn’t have thought anything of it, but now I’m secretly pleased. Especially since she made a point of informing me that she made more from an afternoon of playing her piano for tips than I made from my whole first novel.

And then the other morning when I was trying to make waffles, of course Beatriz was the one to walk in just as I was taking them out of the oven. She sniffed and said, “Cooking again?” even though it was my first time.

But that’s all small stuff. We had some excitement the other night. The burglar alarm that Darrin and Shellie rigged up actually caught a burglar! Or rather, the police did, but the alarm succeeded in alerting them.

Our other excitement came secondhand, from Dean’s trip to Egypt. He went to work on photography, and he made quite a bit of money from some of his pictures.

He called and told us about going to see the Sphinx.

He had dinner in a little café.

And he visited the tomb of Queen Hatshepsut.

But Dean waited until he came home to tell us about the most exciting part of his trip. “Some woman wanted a picture of a mummy,” he said, “and she was willing to pay big bucks, too, because she was too scared to get it herself. So I entered a tomb.

“Once inside, I had to clear a few rubble piles and push a few statues around. But finally I located a wall that looked suspicious. I poked around, and the wall shivered a bit. I pushed and pushed, and finally it opened.

“I went down a long hall lined with treasure chests. There was a sarcophagus at the end, and when I opened one chest, the sarcophagus opened very slowly. Even though I was expecting to see a mummy, I almost fainted when he appeared. I think the most intrepid thing I’ve ever done was to hold up my camera and take his picture.”

Beatriz interrupted at this point. “But unfortunately, you sold the picture to the woman, so you don’t have any evidence.”

Dean smirked at her. “I thought about that. She probably would have paid me enough so I could get the laptop I wanted. But then I figured you guys wouldn’t believe me, so I brought it home and hung it on the wall.” He directed our attention to the wall where his digital frame hung. There was the mummy!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
        Ka-boom! That noise you just heard was Darren, exploding something in the chemistry lab. It’s a wonder he has any eyebrows left; I don’t know how many times he’s been singed.

I was practicing my trick shot nearby (the one where I turn on the blender with a shot and then the blender shoots balls all over the place, including at me), but luckily this time the shot actually worked! The blender tipped over and sent the balls neatly into their pockets.

Later that day Angelica returned from her trip to France. The scenery was beautiful, she said.

“What did you like best?” someone asked.

“Taking a hot shower,” she replied quickly. Well, that was something we all could relate to, but it wasn't very exotic.

“Now, come on,” I said. “What did you like, really?”

“Well, it was pretty cool when I caught a turtle,” she said.

“You can catch turtles here,” Beatriz pointed out. “Come on, did you meet anyone – any suave Frenchman?”

“No,” said Angelica, “but I had a veggie burger in a French café.”

“You didn’t want to try frogs’ legs or escargot?” I asked.

Angelica made a face. “I caught frogs and snails while I was there. Knowing where they came from, I didn’t really want to eat them. But I’ll tell you. The absolute best thing in France was catching the chinchilla. You can’t believe how incredibly soft it was.”

I’m planning to go to France for spring break, too, but I’ll tell you – I hope to cuddle with something larger than a chinchilla.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
Please move to Graveyard.

anything