Author Topic: House, garden and lot were ok but sims were gone?  (Read 2144 times)

bshag

House, garden and lot were ok but sims were gone?
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:29:04 PM »
I'm unsure where to post this.  I was going through all my old saved games, placing the new buildings and basically checking to see that everything was okay when I opened my game that had my little adventure sim.  He had just adopted a child, had about $300,000 in household funds and when I opened the game, he and the child were gone.  :o  His house, garden and lot were all there, just no thumbnail pictures and household funds were 0. >:(  I closed it, didn't save and went back in and the same thing. :'(
Anything like this happened to anyone else since installing Ambitions?

In another game that was a newer neighborhood, I couldn't place any of the new buildings.  There were no lots available.  Kinda difficult to play the new careers if I can't put any of the buildings down. ???

But all the other games were okay so I guess I should feel lucky. :-\  I only have about 7-8 games total so I figured I had the odds beat that anything would come up messed up.  Guess I was wrong. ::) 

Offline Branr

• Occult
Re: House, garden and lot were ok but sims were gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:55:57 PM »
I can help with the second: you can now ADD lots to the town in Edit Town. It's the button to the left of the bulldozer.  All the new community lots are 20x30, the salon faces the long side, the other 3 face the short side.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Swede1992

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:35:50 AM »
I moved your thread to Technical Help, hope you don't mind. Bugs that appear after installing Ambitions should belong here.

Sorry I can't answer any of your questions since Sweden gets it after you guys (but it was postponed from the 20th of May! :().
Manbearpig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal. - Al Gore :)
There is no absolute truth, but the Forum Rules still come pretty close. Pay them a visit.

bshag

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 11:18:15 AM »
No problem Swede.  Hope you get your copy soon.

Branr, thanks for the advice.  When I added a lot in SV for the junkyard, that's when all the available lots disappeared. ???  Sunset is a funny place to try and add lots as there are a lot of hills and uneven terrain.  Guess the game is super picky about where the lots go.  ::) 

I'll just not play those games til, hopefully they'll come up with a patch for my lost simmies.  :(

anything