Author Topic: The Amazing SimRace  (Read 2664 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
The Amazing SimRace
« on: August 29, 2012, 03:14:24 AM »
The Amazing SimRace

Welcome to the most exciting season of The Amazing SimRace yet. We are about to witness Sims who go out of their comfort zone, who fight to win the prize - $500,000! Who will win? Who will lose? Find out.

But let's put that aside for a moment or four. Who are our contestants? Well, I'm about to tell you. Our contestants will be chosen from applicants. These Sims should be intrepid, brave, and above all, individual. You're invited to partake in this adventure! All you have to do is create a Sim according to the guidelines as listed below, and we'll do the rest for you -- that is, we'll send you on your way and intervene if your Sim is in a life threatening state (to name just three, Mummies Curse, On Fire, Zombie Apocalypse).

You'll also be placed in four teams of two. These teams are equal -- if one member fails, the other does as well.

That's it. Simply reply here to get the opportunity of a lifetime: To appear on The Amazing SimRace!

Application Guidelines:
Your Sim may bring three items with them on this journey. This includes, but is not limited to: the MultiTab, Collection Helper, Books, Food, Laptops. You are not allowed to bring items such as the Moodlet Manager or Motive Mobile.
Your Sim may write journals -- that is, you are allowed to record their thoughts about the adventure, which may be used in the challenges.
Your Sim may have skills. Recommended skills include Martial Arts, Nectar Making, Athletic and Logic.
I have all EP's to date (up to Showtime), as well as HELS, FLS and TLS.

Challenge types:

Left to right: Route Info, Detour, Fast Forward, Road Block, U-Turn.

Fans of the RL Amazing Race will undoubtedly recognize these symbols as they are the ones from the real Race. If you haven't, here's a rundown:

Route Information -- The standard clue. An example of this is "Travel to the Temple of Heaven in Shang Simla, China". There is no special benefits to this type of clue.
Detour -- A choice between two tasks, each with it's own pros and cons. A team may choose one task, and may change tasks at any time throughout the detour, for a $10 fine. An example of this is "Sink or Swim" where a Sim may either have to descend through four basement maze levels and obtain an artifact, or Swim across the English Channel (pretty much, a few laps of a long pool) to obtain a clue.
Fast Forward -- A special type of clue. This will only be offered once on the Race. This special clue will allow the team to skip all tasks and proceed straight to the pit stop. Indeed, it is a powerful tool, but if one team gets it, all other teams will be denied the opportunity to get it, even if they're taking part in the task at the time.
Road Block -- A task that only one team member may perform. The clue will be cryptic, such as "Who can stomach the worst?" where the Sim has to eat ten plates of foreign cuisine.
U-Turn -- on certain legs, the team who completes a Detour first will be offered a U-Turn, where they can force another team to complete the second Detour task they did not complete the first time around. The team U-Turned will be notified and told who U-Turned them.

In addition, there is one predetermined non-elimination round. How does this work? When they check in at the pit stop, they will be stripped of all their money and possessions, and will not be given any more money in the next round.

Each team will receive a $50 allowance at the start of each round, and (due to game constraints) will start each round at the same time, though teams who checked in earlier will be given a headstart. But, that's not all! The first team in each round will receive a bonus - $50 extra, a free trip to Shang Simla, etc.

Now, there's the technicalities sorted. Let the race begin!!

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
Re: The Amazing SimRace
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 03:37:53 AM »
This sounds fun. I'm not really into the real life Amazing Race but this I definitely will make a sim for! I have one question, do we upload the sim as a household or in CAS? I'm pretty sure the answer will be household but I just want to be sure.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline YZJay

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:57 AM »
It sounds fun, how will it work?

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 08:42:17 AM »
Sounds like fun!  I'll definitely be reading.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:18 PM »
This looks like fun! My husband and I often watch the RL program, so I'll look forward to this.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 11:57:28 PM »
This sounds fun. I'm not really into the real life Amazing Race but this I definitely will make a sim for! I have one question, do we upload the sim as a household or in CAS? I'm pretty sure the answer will be household but I just want to be sure.

Your choice. CAS if you don't want them to have skills or inventory items, household if you do. :)

It sounds fun, how will it work?

I'll PM the teams with how they need to complete the challenge.
For instance, I might have a roadblock with the basement mazes and label the treasure chests where the clue might be located 1-4. The contestant completing the roadblock would need to rank the chests with the order they wish to open them, and I'd follow that order out in game.