Author Topic: Conversations Emotes  (Read 2488 times)

Offline Puppetmaster1

• Townie
Conversations Emotes
« on: May 26, 2010, 03:50:27 PM »
Hello everybody,

This is a noob question, but I have trouble following what my sims are saying and thinking during their conversations etc.

Is there a guide to all the different emotes in the game?

Thank you

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Conversations Emotes
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 04:06:48 PM »
Hey, Puppetmaster. Some of the thought bubbles are pretty cryptic. But, many are self-explanatory. For example, if a hamburger one pops up, then you can be assured that hamburgers are that Sim's favorite food. Same thing with a particular music choice. Lifetime Wishes can pop up in thought bubbles. Traits often pop up. Almost anything can. To be honest I typically don't give them too much attention unless I'm trying to gain a specific piece of information. But, most often the thought bubbles, graphically speaking, are at least in the same ballpark as many of the graphics in CAS and throughout the game.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:11:53 PM »
Hi Puppetmaster.  If you're brand new to playing the game, it will take a bit of time for you to get used to the symbols and images.  But once you get used to it, you'll be able to follow along pretty well.  A few things I notice are dishes with a red circle and line through them means there's dirty dishes around, garbage with flies around it means there's a mess somewhere or the trash needs to be taken out, an appliance or electronic device with the red circle and line means that object is broken.  You can also post specific questions here and I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what it means until you get the hang of it.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:11 AM »
I think most of the pictures that come up are general pictures for a topic, so there will be teddies, blocks, baby shoes and the dummy when they talk about children, when they talk about food they talk about recipes and favourite foods, colours are pretty obvious, work with be the desk or their career icon etc.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]