Author Topic: Firefighter job stuck?  (Read 9246 times)

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
Firefighter job stuck?
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:53:56 AM »
Hi, I think this is in the right place, I think firefighter came with ambitions

My sim went to put out the large house fire, and she out the fire out but I couldn't get her in the house, the walls were up and I couldn't get them down, so after hours (sim hours) I sent her home then resent her to the job, she managed to get in amd tell everyone to run, the ticks were in the box for fire extinguished and sims saved but the job isn't completing and everytime she goes home, the fire alarm at home goes off waking everyone up

Ive tried resetting her but nothing's working

Any ideas?
Sims 3 newbie

Offline Corylea

• Townie
Re: Firefighter job stuck? Help
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:09:19 AM »
When there's a house fire, there should be a door or window that has axes in front of it.  You need to break in that window or break down that door in order to get into the house.  The "axe" door or window isn't always the one you'd expect, either -- I had a firefighter go to the front door, only to find that there was a window on the side of the house that she was supposed to break in.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:14:39 AM »
There is sometimes a glitch that the walls stay up and you can't go in - in which case exit the lot and head out to the footpath/road, then try again - usually that works, but some houses/lots are just glitched and you end up having to lose performance.

Offline kindofagirl

• Townie
  • Hanson fan since 1997.
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 05:32:58 AM »
Corylea - thanks but I know :) I got in the house eventually and rescued the sims and put out all the fire but the "job" is still there, the timer is on 15 hours now?

Thanks for replies. So should I just let the clock keeping ticking away and will it reset when she gets another job, I'm tempted to quit to main menu without saving, cos this is the longest I've played a game (I'm onto my 4th generation, previously I had never even played a sim till they died of old age) I don't want it to glitch now and ruin it.
Sims 3 newbie

Offline Decima

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 11:11:02 AM »
I had a similar thing where I couldn't get into the house but I hadn't yet put the fire out. I send the firefighter back to the station and then out again. When I got back to the house I could go in.

Haven't really got anything useful to say.  :-\