Author Topic: Interaction not available for dirty dishes and other issues  (Read 3438 times)

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
Interaction not available for dirty dishes and other issues
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
Ok, so I just had issue with my sims not being able to go to bed, where I would click the interaction to do it but they kept deleting the action while also having a weird issue where once they're done with certain interactions, they'll snap a few feet away from where they just were... just like that - For instance, my sim just got done writing and once the interaction was done, she snapped way across the room, but then I repaired my sims 3 game through origin launcher since moving out and back in (through eviction & remaking them my active household again) didn't work, nor did resetting them nor did buying a new bed. The issue with going to bed went away after the repair, but now they won't clean the dishes since there's no interaction and they're still snapping from place to another after completing an action. Since I didn't want the dishes to linger around, I used testingcheats to delete the dishes, but I really don't want to have to do that all the time.

Maybe items in my household are glitched? Such as the desk where my sim sat at to write her book. I dunno. Do I need to buy new everything or something?  :-\ :'(

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
Re: Interaction not available for dirty dishes and other issues
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 02:19:53 PM »
Scratch that, the bed bug is back

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:28:06 PM »
Just like you thought the family or the game has become glitched. Something to try is going back to a previous game if you have one. From before the glitches started happening.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »
Just like you thought the family or the game has become glitched. Something to try is going back to a previous game if you have one. From before the glitches started happening.

The glitches started occurring after they graduated uni. I saved my family to the bin and to my library in a panic in case I would lose all progress again. Is it possible for all skill levels/degrees/jobs/funds to stick if I were to start a new game but with the same family, or would I have to do everything all over again?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 04:10:02 PM »
Yes you can start a new game with the family and have them keep their skills, funds - maybe the job. Though I'm not sure on the degrees.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 04:29:31 PM »
Yes you can start a new game with the family and have them keep their skills, funds - maybe the job. Though I'm not sure on the degrees.

I just tried it and they all stuck! (I think the jobs would've been impacted if they weren't offered in the new town I selected) :) Though, I'm sad about my bird since I taught her nearly all of the greetings, but I can deal :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 04:36:37 PM »
I am very happy to hear that!!

I wasn't sure on the job, as I wasn't sure if they were offered in the new selected town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Junan

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 07:18:05 PM »

I wasn't sure on the job, as I wasn't sure if they were offered in the new selected town.

All you need to do is place the relevant rabbithole into the town (Gyspy Wagon for Fortune Teller, for example; should be available in the community objects section of build mode) and the job will instantly be available for your Sims. :)

Offline Nomiko13

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 01:51:52 PM »

Lol I think I'm going to complete the wishes with having a child (my sim is in her second trimester) so she and the other sim will gain around 10k lifetime points each, and then saving them to the bin again. Haha, I really need those lifetime points and I'm not sure if they'll come back in a while xD