Author Topic: One More Shot  (Read 13588 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
Re: One More Shot
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 01:06:20 AM »
"Daddy!" Morgan cried.

"What's wrong princess?" He asked.

"My house is broken!"

"Oh no, let's go see what we can do!"

He ended up being able to fix it, which was wonderful because she loved that doll house. I was actually the one making dinner tonight, it wouldn't be as good as it would be if Rhett was making it but it would do. I hadn't been feeling well all week and it was strange and off putting but I did what I always did and pushed through it. I went to grab a bowl off the top shelf, but when I took it down I lost all feeling in my arm and the bowl shattered to the ground. I gasped and jumped away from the shards of glass and grabbed my arm, I could still feel it but I felt very weak. A feeling I haven't felt in a very long time.

"What happened?!" Rhett asked rushing in.

"I dropped the bowl..." I said.

"That's fine, I'll clean it up." He said.

"I dropped it."

"It's fine."

"No, I dropped it. I dropped the bowl because I felt weak."

He stopped what he was doing to look at me, my brain was going a thousand miles a minute as I thought about what was happening. He stood up and walked over to me and put his hands on my arms.

"Rhett, something is wrong." I said looking at him.

"You just aren't feeling well."

"No. I am telling you that this isn't normal."

So I called my normal doctor and I set up an appointment for the next day.

I took a deep breath and looked around the room.

Rhett was sitting in the chair to my right and we were waiting for the doctor to come back into his office with the results. I had a bad feeling, and if I told Rhett he would just tell me that I was over reacting and worrying about nothing. But I knew my body and I knew the symptoms, even if it was a while ago. I shook my leg as the door opened and closed from behind us. Dr. Scott sat down in his chair and scooted closer to the desk. He opened my file and glanced at it before folding his hands and looking directly at me. I could tell what he was going to say before he even thought it himself.

"It's back." I said before him.

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, "It's back."

I closed my eyes and tilted my head to the ceiling as Rhett reached for my hand.

"I knew it, I just had this feeling. I had been feeling bad for a week but I told myself that it was just a form of the flu."

"I think we caught it early this time, and with some treatments I think that we can beat it again."

"How many more times though? How many times do we have to do this before it stops coming back?"

"You know what I am going to say Rebecca. There is always a chance it'll come back, but at least we caught it early this time. You know your body and you did right by coming here and listening to it."

I looked at Rhett who offered me a small smile of support.

"I have children now." I cried.

"The good news is that it doesn't appear to be spreading." Dr. Scott said.

"That's good baby." Rhett agreed.

We went over the course of treatment and how often we would do it before going home. I wanted nothing more then to hug my babies tightly. But by the time that we arrived home though Sam was already at school and the sitter had put Morgan down from her nap. I went into her room and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"This doesn't feel real." I said later that night.

We were laying in bed and I was crying. It was back, and I never thought we would ever have to deal with it again.

"I know it is scary, but this time you have me and we will beat it together." Rhett told me.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

I took a deep breath and closed my eyes.

I went full swing into work.

It was my way of dealing with the news. We have started the first treatment and now we were just waiting for the next treatment. I would have to do as many as Dr. Scott felt was needed and he would test me regularly. I hadn't received anymore nasty comments, in fact it actually worked in my favor because people lashed out at the person. I had gotten so many letters and emails telling me how much people loved my channel and loved me as a person. It filled my heart with love and hope for the future. I made the decision to come clean to the community and talked about my past experience with cancer. I also told them that it was back because I was not going to lie to them. I asked them to respect my space and privacy as I dealt with this and hoped that they would understand.

Rhett has been amazing with all of it. I told him that I didn't want to be babied or coddled through it because I could still do things on my own. I did need him a little more on the treatment days because it took a lot of my energy, but other then that I was fine. I didn't want to be pitied or looked down on because I was going through this. I was going to be strong and fight it.

"How was work?" I asked.

"It was okay." Rhett told me.

"I missed you."

"I did too, how was your work?"

"Slow, but I got through it."

He smiled and pulled me into a kiss.

"Mama! Mama!"

Morgan was crying at the door to the studio.

"Morgan, let mama work!" Rhett whispered, trying to be quiet.

"Mama!!"

I took my headphones off and stood up.

"Let her in Rhett." I said.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes."

The door opened producing a running toddler through it, Rhett closed the door behind her and I scooped her in my arms.

"What is wrong baby girl?" I asked.

"I missed you!" She said.

"I missed you too!"

I spun her around in the air and she ended up on my back causing her to make the most beautiful laugh I have ever heard. I could listen to her laughing all day long and it would never get old. I loved her so much and I was blessed to have her and Sam.

I was going to fight this.

And I was going to win.

Uh oh....
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 09:09:46 PM »
Rhett's POV

I stood by the doorway and watched Becca sleep.

I have been so worried about her lately. I would never let her see that though because I was suppose to be strong for her. She had told me how bad it was when she went through it the first time and I had hoped that she would never have to go through that again. Here we were again though, and right smack dab in the middle of our careers and with two children. She was still trying to do it all though and I had to remind her that she wasn't going to be able to do that. After her treatments she was so tired, so we usually came straight home and she went to bed. I brought her everything she needed, she had a big bottle of water that sat on her side of the bed and I brought her food when she needed it.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Morgan said.

"Shhhh! Mama is sleeping!" I whispered.

"Sowwy!"

"What's up Princess?"

"Wanna play dolls?!"

"Sure."

I smiled and grabbed her hand. She led me into her room and we kneeled down in front of the doll house.

"Rhett?!"

I looked at the door when I heard Becca call.

"Be right back sweetie!"

I stood up and walked out of the room. When I went into the bedroom Becca was sitting up in bed.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I want to get up and get the cake going." She said.

"No, you need to relax."

"No, I need to be out there. It's Morgan's birthday."

"Baby, I have everything taken care of."

She groaned.

"I know you hate this."

She just laid back down and rolled so that her back was away from me. I hated having to be the bad guy, but I wanted her to get better and the doctor said that she had to relax. I kissed her head before leaving the room. Sam was home from school now and he was working on homework at the table. I sat down next to him with a piece of pie that I had grabbed on my way to the table.

"How was school?" I asked.

"It was fine, I have a lot of homework." He said.

"Do you need help?"

"No, I think I have it figured out."

While Becca rested on the days of treatment I usually took care of everything around the house. She didn't know this, but I sometimes updated her community so that they wouldn't worry. I knew that she stressed about not being able to do that. I already cooked dinner a lot so that wasn't anything knew, and then I had the kids and the pets.

"Did you have to play in the mud Boston?" I asked.

He just looked up at me.

I was giving him a bath because he had been outside and came back drenched in mud and water. So it was straight into the bathtub with him, I was just glad that the cake wasn't done baking yet.

It came time for the cake, and Becca seemed to have a little more energy so I didn't see the harm in letting her get up to see Morgan blow out her candles.

"Are we ready?!" I asked.

"Cake!" Morgan cheered.

"Honey you have to blow out the candles first!" Becca said.

"Blow!"

I helped her, but we managed to get all of the candles blown out.

"Happy Birthday!"

Morgan was now a child!

She really wanted a piano. So when Becca and I bought her new bed we also replaced her book shelf with a nice piano.

"YOU GOT ME ONE?!" She screamed.

"Happy Birthday!" Becca smiled.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

She ran over to the both of us and hugged us tightly.

"Can I play it?!"

"Of course!" I told her.

She rushed over and sat down on the bench, she brushed her fingers over the keyes and smiled.

Soon Samuel would be a teenager.

I just realized now that the pictures were so close together that her toddler outfit kind of matches with her child outfit!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 04:54:05 PM »
I was the mother of a teenager.

Samuel's birthday arrived and he was now a handsome teenager.

That wasn't the only birthday we had celebrated though, Bruno was now an elder kitty!

"Old man!" I cooed.

He just looked at me with a glare like he had understood what I had said.

"No running in the house!" Rhett scolded.

Morgan had brought a friend home from school and his name was Max. She seemed excited to have someone to play with and as long as her homework got done we didn't mind.

"Max are you staying for dinner?" I asked.

"My mom wants me home before dinner." He said politely.

"Okay, we will give you a ride home in a little bit."

"Thank you."

I smiled.

"Stop hitting me!" Morgan laughed.

I made sure he wasn't actually hitting her, but they were doing the play hitting.

"You stop hitting me then!" He giggled.

Ah, young love.

Though of course I didn't know if they loved each other, but a mother could hope. It would be cute if they ended up together but then again I love those kids of stories.

"Did you have a good time with Max?" I asked Morgan later that night.

"Yeah, it was fun having someone to play with." She told me.

She was holding Bruno.

"Just make sure your homework is finished, okay?"

"I will!"

"Thank you."

"Are you okay mom?"

I turned around, I was leaning against the counter in the laundry room.

"Oh, Sam. You scared me." I said.

"Sorry."

"I'm okay, a little weak but I'm fine."

"Do you need me to help you lie down?"

"No no, I'll be okay."

He looked at me before coming over and hugging me.

"What is this for?" I asked.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too sweetie."

I could feel tears start to well up in my eyes as I looked up at the ceiling to stop them from coming. He broke the hug apart and smiled before exiting the laundry room. He didn't say it, but I knew that he knew something was wrong with me. We chose not to tell the children that I was sick but that interaction made me realize that maybe Sam had caught on to things. I didn't want them to be scared or worried that I wouldn't be here anymore.

Maybe I should come forward to Sam, but I would have to talk to Rhett about that beforehand.

ALL of the birthdays!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 11:56:11 PM »
Rhett

"I need to get my kids from class." I told the receptionist.

"Reason?" She asked.

"Their mother is in the hospital." I said, trying to keep my patience.

I told her the names and waited at the office for them. Once they got here I ushered them to the car and ignored their questions until we were inside the car. I was going as fast as the speed limit would allow all while telling the children what had happened. Once we were in the parking lot of the hospital I rushed them back to her room. Things went to kind of okay to down the drain in a month. The treatments weren't working and she was getting worse and worse as the time went on. Everything was going fine until she passed out in the kitchen one night which led us here.

"Why is she hooked up to all those tubes daddy?" Morgan asked.

She was half hidden behind Samuel who had is arm around her.

"The tubes are helping mommy breathe." I told her.

"Is she sleeping?" She asked.

"In a way, she's trying to heal."

"It's okay Morgan." Sam soothed.

"Would you like some cookies or juice?" The nurse asked Morgan.

Morgan looked up at me for permission.

"Go a head." I nodded.

I smiled at the nurse who led Morgan from the room. I knew that it may be too much for Morgan to see and handle, even understand for that matter. Sam looked at Becca for a moment before walking up to the bed and grabbing her hand.

"How long is she going to be like this?" He asked.

"They don't know yet." I told him.

"Will she ever wake up?" He asked, tears coming to his eyes.

"I don't know Sam, I really don't."

A Week Later

There still wasn't much change. We stayed at the hospital for a few days before deciding it was best to come home. Morgan was still struggling with all of it though but we helped her through it the best we could. Sam had stepped up a lot with her and it made me proud that he was willing to do whatever it took to help.

"Okay, we need to make sure homework is being caught up with." I told the kids.

"Mine is done." Morgan said.

"Did you take a bath?"

"I'll go do that now."

"Sam, homework?" I asked.

"I need to do some more." He told me.

"Do you think mama will be okay?" Morgan asked Sam.

"I don't know Morgan. I hope so." He told her.

I was listening from the doorway.

"Was she sick?" She asked.

"Yes, but she didn't want to scare you."

"I am scared."

"I know, I am too."

He kissed her forehead.

"Come on, let's keep playing."

They were playing dolls before bedtime.

"The kids miss you." I told Becca.

I was sitting by her bed side like I normally did around this time. I usually spent a few hours alone with her before the kids got home from school. Then if they wanted to see her for a little bit I would take them back. I memorized the sound of her breathing machine, so much in fact that I could hear it when I tried to sleep. Sleeping alone was horrible and each morning I woke up thinking that she would be in her studio and recording her next video.

"Your fans wish you well and they miss you. I've been posting updates as much as I can, but I know it isn't the same. I've been trying to keep up with the house cleaning and the kids but I won't lie, it is really hard to do this. I'm trying to stay strong for them, but I miss you so much it hurts. This shouldn't of happened, not to you. Please come back to me."

I waited. Waited for some kind of miracle to happen but it didn't.

"I have to get home, the kids should be home soon. Work was fine, nothing special. I love you so much."

I kissed her forehead and left the hospital.

"Daddy!" Morgan said running up to me.

"Hey baby." I said.

"Is she awake?!"

My heart broke.

"No baby, not yet."

"Oh..."

"Come here."

I wish I could take this pain away, if not from me, from them.

Things were going to change, weren't they?

Poor Rebecca...
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 11:00:44 PM »
Rhett's POV

"Kids, it's time to get up for school." I groggily said.

"Five more minutes." Sam groaned.

"Nope, get up!" I said.

The both shuffled out of their sleeping bags. They had been sleeping on the floor of our bedroom because they didn't want me to be alone. I told them that they didn't have too and that they could sleep in their own beds but they didn't listen to me. I was actually thankful for it because truth be told I don't think I'd ever be ready to sleep alone.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay home?" Sam asked.

"No, you need to go to school. Will you pick your sister up on the way home?" I asked.

"Yes, anything I need to get at the store?"

"Nope I think I have enough for dinner."

He nodded before heading out of the house.

It has been a month and no signs of changing. There was a small hope last week, but it didn't stay long enough to come of anything. I was trying to keep up hope as the nurses told me, they have been wonderful as well as the doctors. I've come to know most of them by first name and some about their personal lives as well. They've become a support system while I'm there and I would be lost without them.

I burst through the door to Becca's room to see the room in full chaos. I turned around and told Sam to get Morgan away from here before closing the door.

"What happened?!" I screamed.

"She arrested about ten minutes ago!" Dr. Scott said.

I watched as he performed CPR on Becca.

"Can you get her back?!"

"We are going to try."

Julie, one of the night nurses, walked over to me and put her hand on my back.

"CRASH CART!"

"Oh god."

"CLEAR!"

Becca's body shot up from the gurney as they shocked her heart.

Nothing.

"Again!"

I don't know how long we had stood there watching them use every single measure to bring her back. I saw Dr. Scott stop and I just knew.

"Stop." I cried.

He looked at me.

"Stop. She's gone."

I covered my mouth and faced the wall before punching it with my fist.

"I'm sorry. I'll- I'll pay for it."

I had busted a whole right through the wall.

"Don't worry about it." Julie cried.

I turned back around to see them turning her machines off. I walked over to her bed and grabbed her hand before kissing it softly.

"Goodbye Becca. I love you." I whispered.

I bent down and kissed her forehead. I sobbed into her chest as Dr. Scott tried pulling me away.

"No!" I cried.

"I'm so sorry Rhett." He said.

"Please."

He finally managed to get me to stand up and I went back to my spot.

"I need to tell the kids." I said.

"I can do that, if you would like."

I thought about it for a moment, it really should come from me. Then again Dr. Scott might be better at explaining just what had happened. After a few moments I nodded my head to him to let him know that it was okay. He touched my arm before heading to the waiting room.

"Would you like some alone time?" Julie asked.

"No, please stay." I said.

"Of course."

A Few Weeks Later

I stood in the studio.

Everything was the same as Becca had left it.

I sat down at the computer and turned it on. The background to the desktop appeared and a picture of the two of us and the kids looked back at me. I took a deep breath before putting her SimTube up. There was a section where you could write updates to the channel and I clicked on it.

It is with a heavy heart that I must write to tell you that Becca has passed away. I needed to take some time to process it for myself and for our children before letting you all know. I would like to thank each and every one of you for making her world that much more brighter. She loved what she did and she loved the support and love of this community. I know that she would want all of you to know that. Please hug your loved ones a little tighter today. I will keep the channel up, I feel like the would want that. Thank you all for your your kind messages, I might check back in every once in a while!

-Rhett

I stared at the message for a few moments before hitting send and turning off the computer. I took a deep breath before standing up and walking out of the room closing the door behind me. Samuel was in the kitchen making a bowl of chili.

"Where is Morgan?" I asked.

"Doing her homework in her room." He told me.

"Are you holding up okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine."

We didn't know many people around here so we opted for a small burial of just us and a few nurses and doctors from the hospital. It was a nice little service and Rebecca would have loved it. It still didn't feel real though and it was harder to grasp that now I was a single father. It wasn't all horrible though because Sam was there to help with Morgan but I didn't want him to have that responsibility. He was still a kid him self even if he was a teenager.

"I want to get a job." Samuel said to me.

"What?" I asked.

"To help, with the money."

"No, absolutely not."

"Why not?"

"Because, you are a teenager and you shouldn't have to worry about this kind of stuff."

"I want to do it though!"

I looked at him.

"I will think about it."

"Thank you."

"Morgan, are you awake?" I whispered.

She turned over in bed and looked at me from her bed. I was standing in the doorway of her bedroom, it was three in the morning. She had been having sleeping issues and nightmares ever since her mother died. I walked in and took a seat on the edge of her bed and brushed the hair from her face.

"I miss her too." I told her.

"I don't understand." She said.

"I know you don't, but can I tell you something?"

She nodded.

"I don't understand it either."

I saw tears well up in her eyes as she sat up in bed.

"Can I stay home from school tomorrow?" She asked.

She looked so broken. Normally I would say no and that they needed to keep going with school, but the look in her eyes killed me.

"How about this, we will all stay home tomorrow and have a pajama and movie day?" I asked.

"Even you?" She asked.

"Even me, I will call the school tomorrow and tell them that you and Sam won't be there."

"Thank you daddy!"

She threw her arms around me and I hugged her tightly.

"I love you princess." I whispered.

"I love you too." She cried.

I kissed her hair and helped her get back into bed.

"Sleep well."

I closed the door behind me and walked into the bed room. I stood there and stared at the empty bed and all of a sudden everything just hit me. I was a widow and a single father of two children. I covered my mouth and sobbed into it as I fell to the floor. I leaned against the door and cried into my hands and just let out all of my grief. I missed her so much that it felt as though my heart could burst any moment. I missed waking up every morning to her messy red hair and the way she kissed me before going to work. I missed watching her eyes light up as she got a new idea for her channel, and then watching her execute that idea. I loved the caring side she had with the children and her patience she had with them. She was made to be a mother and a wife, and she was my superwoman. People think that the man was the strong one, but I was far from stronger then she was. She had beat cancer once and she fought hard to beat it a second time and I believe that she would have if the universe worked with her.

This was what the cards dealt me, and I just had to deal with it. I had two wonderful kids to take care of and I was going to give it my all for Becca.

I hope you are enjoying the story so far.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2019, 08:37:20 PM »
Rhett's POV

I gasped and sat up in bed.

I looked around the bedroom before looking at the clock. It was time to get up and get the kids up and ready. I pulled the covers away and got dressed quickly before heading into the kitchen. I was getting the hang of this single father role though. In the morning I would get breakfast going and while that was going I would work on bagging up their lunches for school. Today I decided to do pancakes for lunch and ham sandwiches for their lunches.

"Good morning." Sam yawned.

"Morning. Is your sister up?" I asked.

"She's in the bathroom." He said.

I nodded.

I bagged up Sam's lunch before going to flip the pancakes. Sam grabbed the Orange Juice and shuffled over to the dining room table while Morgan walked out from the bathroom.

"Good morning." I told her.

"Good morning!"

She sat at the island and swung her feet back and forth.

"Did you get your homework done?" I asked.

"Yes I did."

"Sam?"

"Mine is done." He told me.

"Thank you."

The front door opened and then shut, I whipped my head over to that direction confused.

"Who is that?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Morgan asked.

I put everything down and headed to the entry way.

"Daddy?"

I stopped dead in my tracks.

My whole body went numb all the while I felt cold chills. Standing in front of me was someone I thought I would never see again and it was like I couldn't speak. Rebecca stood in front of me holding plastic bags from the store. She was looking at me confused, but I was more confused as she was.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Y-You're alive?" I asked.

"The last time I checked I was." She said.

My mouth hung open as she closed her mouth.

"I-It was just a dream." I whispered.

"Are you okay?"

The kids were standing behind me.

"I had this horrible dream."

"Kids, go get ready for school." Becca said.

They left the room.

"You died! You died and you left me here to be a single parent!" I gasped.

"It was just a dream! I'm right here."

I felt like I could cry at any moment.

"Come here!" She said.

She pulled me in her arms and I silently cried into her shoulder.

Rebecca's POV

The nightmare that Rhett had must have really shaken him up because it took a while to get him to calm down. Once the kids left for school he went into more detail about what happened and it sounded like it felt very real to him. What he didn't know is that on top of going to the store I was also at the doctor's and found out that the treatment was working so far. It was a relief to hear because I didn't want his nightmare to come true.

"I'm fine." I told him.

"It was just scary." He said.

"No, I mean that I'm fine. Dr. Scott told me this morning that the treatment is working!"

"It is?"

I nodded.

"That's great baby!"

Winter was officially here. After school the kids built their first snowman, after homework of course.

"How was school?" I asked.

"It was fine." Morgan told me.

"That's good."

"Is daddy okay?"

"Yes sweetie, he just had a bad dream."

"It must have been a really bad dream."

"It was, but it's okay now."

"Can I practice piano now?" She asked.

"Of course!"

She hopped off of the bed and walked over to her piano.

"Do you wanna watch me mama?"

"I would love too."

She stretched her fingers before beginning to pluck at the keys. She wasn't good at all, not that I would ever tell her that though. She was so excited to play it though so I was going to support her through it.

"Samuel, is your homework done?" Rhett asked.

Sam groaned.

"Get it done."

"Do I have too?"

"Now."

Rhett walked into the kitchen.

"We were so excited for him to be a teenager." I giggled.

"I'm starting to wonder why." He sighed.

"Can you believe soon that Morgan will be joining?"

"Oh god."

"Daddy?" Morgan called.

"Speaking of the little devil." I said.

"Will you tuck me in?" Morgan asked walking out of her room.

"Of course." Rhett said.

Thank god it was just a dream.

First off, Happy New Year! Secondly, a little over 300 views! Thank you! I hope that you are enjoying this story!

**IMPORTANT NOTE**

Somewhere in the game Rhett and Rebecca turned into adults! I do not remember that happening! Just wanted to let you guys know!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2019, 09:18:30 PM »
"Mama?" Morgan asked.

"Yes baby?" I said.

"Can I ask Max if he would like to come over after school?"

"Of course you can." 

"Awesome!"

She grabbed her lunch and ran out the door for the bus. I smiled at the thought of her wanting to spend more time with Max. It made me happy that she made a friend at school so she wouldn't be so lonely. Rhett was almost top tier at his job! He was so excited and I was proud of him. He had worked very hard to get to where he was now. I was going to bake him a cake when he reached the top although I wasn't as good at baking as he is. I was trying to pick up on videos again now that I was slowing down on the amount of treatments. Dr. Scott said that we would do two more treatments and hopefully that would be the end of it. I was thankful that the cancer this time seemed easy to fight even if it meant having to relax more often. The community understood though and I would get letters in the mail all of the time wishing me the best and telling me how I've helped them.

"We're home!" Sam called.

I looked at the clock, three o'clock already?!

"Where is your sister and Max?" I asked.

"Outside."

"Mama, can we make a snowman?" Morgan asked, poking her head through the door.

"As long as you wear your gloves!" I called.

"Got it!"

She shut the door again. I walked over to the window and watched them build it, every once in a while she would as for a few items. I assumed they were going to be for the decoration of the snowman. I smiled and walked over to the kitchen and got the hot chocolate ready.

"Hot chocolate is ready!" I called out to them.

"Coming!"

The walked into the house.

"Shoes and coats off please!"

"What time is dad coming home?" Morgan asked.

"About an hour." I told her.

They both climbed up on the chairs at the island and I set a cup of hot chocolate in front of each of them.

"Max, would you like some marshmallows?" I asked.

"No thank you!"

I smiled.

I started to make supper. Normally Rhett would do it when he got home from work but I thought that I would surprise him tonight and do it. I just did an easy thing and chose to do a taco casserole. Max was going to stay for dinner tonight, but until then they went into Morgan's room to play.

"I got you something!" Morgan told Max.

"You didn't have too!"

"A volcano?! Thank you!!" Max gasped.

"I made it!"

"Wand to try it out?!" Max asked.

"Yeah!"

They sat on the floor and tried out the volcano, it worked! Thankfully Morgan knew to use a cardboard box under it to protect her floor. After dinner Max headed home, Morgan told me everything they did together and she seemed happy. After homework was done and everyone was calmed down for bed we spent some family time and watched a movie.

The kids went to bed shortly after the movie ended.

"Hey babe?" I said to Rhett.

"Yeah?"

"I'm going to take Bruno to the vet."

"Why?"

"He's blue. I don't think it's anything serious but I want to get him checked out."

"Okay!"

So off to the vet we went.

It was nothing serious, but he was treated now and feeling better.

Poor blue Bruno!
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2019, 03:51:12 PM »
Morgan's POV

"Are you sure about this?" I asked.

"Yes! Come on!" Max said.

I looked behind me.

"I don't think we should be doing this."

"It's just down the road!"

Max had somehow convinced me to sneak out of school after first period and play hookie to this place he found. It apparently was this abandoned ruin that had a pound that you could swim in! It was freezing though, so I wasn't sure how cold the water was going to be. I was still paranoid that we were going to be found and that we weren't suppose to be here. Max said it was fine though, so it was right?

"Come on! Just up here!" Max said.

"Wow!" I gasped.

"Great, right?!" He said.

"This is so cool!"

"Let's go get our suits on!"

I found a bush to change behind. It was quite chilly outside so I had a feeling swimming wasn't the best idea in the world. But this was the coolest place I've ever seen! I rushed back to the pool once I was all changed and looked at the rock diving board. Max ran over from where he was changing and stood by the diving rock, I climbed up slowly and stood at the top of it.

"Jump!" He said.

"I'm scared!" I said.

"You can do it!" He encouraged.

I looked at him before putting my hands up and diving in.

The water was bit green and there were bubbles coming from the vents on the floor. Moss and grass were also somehow either growing or floating on the water. There were also green lily pads with these little purple flowers floating along the sides of the pool. Max jumped in with me and we participated in the biggest splash fight that I have ever been in. I really enjoyed being with Max, he was a great friend. We had a lot of the same classes in school and the same lunch period. We laughed as we hopped on the edge of the pool.

"Do you think we're going to get into trouble?" I asked.

"Probably a little bit, but what fun is life if you don't break a few rules?" He asked.

"I suppose."

"This is a great place. I wonder why no one comes here."

"More people should, it really is beautiful."

Rebecca's POV

"Morgan! Thank god!" I gasped.

Morgan ran into my arms and I hugged her tightly.

"Where were you?!" I scolded.

"Max and I... we played hookie. We found this cool abandoned ruin with this pretty pool!" She said.

"The school called saying you weren't there! We didn't know what happened!"

"I'm sorry mama." She sulked.

"Whose idea was it to skip?" Rhett asked.

"Max, he had found the place earlier and wanted to show me."

"And this couldn't have happened after school?" I asked.

She just shrugged.

"Well, I don't think you should see Max for a week because you're grounded. Now go to your room and work on your homework."

I've never really had to punish either of them, but she scared us pretty badly. It has been the worst few hours of my life, even Sam had gone out looking for her. I was glad that she was alright though.

"Bruno, what are you doing?" I asked.

I walked into our bathroom to see him sleeping in front of the shower.

"Silly kitty."

I walked back into the kitchen. Rhett was hugging Samuel but I wasn't sure why.

"Thank you son." He said.

"You're welcome." Sam said.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I was just thanking him for looking for his sister."

"It's the least I could've done."

"We've grounded her, for a week. But do us a favor and just watch out for her? We've never really had to punish her before."

"Will do."

"Want to watch a movie?" Rhett asked us.

"Sure, I'll make the popcorn!" I said.

"Should I go get Morgan?" Sam asked.

"She is sleeping already. She's had a long day." I told him.

He nodded.

"Let's get the previews going." Rhett said.

I smiled.

So who else is still writing 2018 on everything and having to switch it to 2019?! Sigh, new year problems.
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2019, 06:53:01 PM »
"I'm so sorry, but his injuries were too severe, we did everything we could but he passed away."

I started hyperventilating as Rhett pulled me into his shoulder. Samuel hugged a crying Morgan while he tried to choke back his own tears. The vet gave us a small smile before leaving us to mourn. It started off like every day had, the kids went to school and they came home to do homework. Rhett was making supper and I was cleaning up the house. It took a turn for the worse when we heard tires screech outside and a yelp of an animal. Rhett and I rushed outside to see if we could help only to find a stranger bent over Boston. We hadn't even realized he was outside. We rushed him to the vet right away and they worked on him for a while but he ended up passing away.

"I did this!" Morgan cried out of no where.

"What? Of course you didn't!" I told her.

"I let him out! I forgot to tell you, I let him out and went to work on my homework!"

"Baby, this isn't your fault. This is no ones fault! It was an accident and it could have happened no matter who let him out!"

I pulled her into my arms and she was crying so hard she was shaking.

The vet tech returned with his ashes in this nice vase. Rhett took it before we headed home, we ended up barrying him in the backyard. I was standing in the hall way feeling just numb when Rhett walked over to me and pulled me into a kiss.

"I miss him." I said once we broke apart.

"I know, I do too." He said as he rubbed my arms.

"Are the kids okay?"

"Yeah, they're watching a movie."

Something that took us all by surprise was, Samuel has a girlfriend. That's right, a girlfriend. They have been dating for three months and we just found out about it when he asked if she could come over. He claimed he didn't want to make a big fuss about it and that it wasn't a big deal at all. Her name was Meghan, and in my eyes she was pretty. She had some self esteem issues because she had been bullied all her life. People would call her a boy because she "looked" like a boy to them and had a flat chest almost and was super skinny. We met her over dinner and she seemed sweet.

"Thank you for dinner." She said.

"You are welcome!" I smiled.

"I hope my outfit is appropriate!" She whispered, tugging at her skirt.

"Of course it is." Rhett said.

"May we be excused?" Sam asked.

He looked nervous.

"Yes you may."

They got up from the table, Sam slipped his hand in hers and they went to the other room.

"I got you something." I heard Sam say.

He pulled out a blue box with a yellow ribbon.

"Thank you Sam!" She gasped.

I smiled.

"She's cute." Rhett said.

"And sweet." I mentioned.

They walked out of the room and into the living room and sat on the chairs.

"Want to watch a movie?" Sam asked.

"No thank you." She smiled.

Bad news struck again later that night though.

Bruno had passed away.

"Losing Boston, that hurt. But losing Bruno was rougher for me. You guys knew Bruno because he was there from the beginning! I got him just shortly after creating Becca's Corner and he even appeared in some videos! I miss him so much even though I knew his time was coming to an end. This one is for you Bruno, we will all miss you so much."

I decided to make a video just for him. I talked for a bit and I added some pictures and video clips when I edited the video. Even though he was a cat I think that he would have enjoyed it. I shut off the computer and walked out of the studio.

A week later though it was Morgan's birthday!

"Are we ready for another teenager?" I asked Rhett.

"I don't think we have a choice!" He giggled.

"Do you think her and Max will turn into more then friends?"

"I think they already are, but they don't know that emotion yet."

She was beautiful!

Two teenagers with a girlfriend and possibly a boyfriend, what could go wrong?

A lot has happened! Whew! RIP Boston and Bruno </3

It's funny, I normally make sims to be the boyfriends/girlfriends of my sims but Max and Meghan both just came home after school with the kids haha
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2019, 06:13:17 PM »
I was completely cancer free.

Which couldn't have happened at a better time because now I not only had one teenager with a girlfriend, but I had one with a boyfriend as well. Max and Morgan were now officially a couple, but I predicted that ever since they met when they were kids. Rhett always said that I was silly, but look at them now! Morgan was so happy, and seeing her that happy made me beam with joy and pride. I always worried about if they would be okay in life and so far they were going down the right path. Rhett and I were looking death right in the face. Our birthdays were in a few weeks which meant we would be elders and our time here would be limited. I wasn't worried about their safety because Sam would be an adult in a few days so he would always be there to look over things. It helped  that they each had someone as well.

"Can Max come over?" Morgan asked.

"Is your homework done?" I asked.

"Well, no.." She said.

"Homework first."

"But Sam has Meghan over!" She whined.

"And his homework is done."

She groaned and stormed into her room and closed the door, well more like slammed the door. Teenagers.

"Max!" She giggled.

"Hi baby." He said, catching her in his arms.

He spun her around before placing her back onto the floor.

"I missed you!" She said.

"I missed you too."

"Hello Max!" I greeted.

"Hello ma'am." He smiled.

"Again Max, call me either Rebecca or Becca!" I giggled.

"Sorry!"

Ma'am made me feel older then I was, even though I was going to be older soon.

"Where is your brother?" I asked.

"Outside with Meghan." Morgan told me.

I walked outside on to the porch to see what the two were up too. Not that I didn't trust them, just wanted to double check what they were doing.

"I really do love you." Samuel said.

"I love you too Samuel." She smiled.

I grinned at the cuteness as he kissed her hands softly.

"We're going to be graduating soon, so what does that mean for us?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, do you want to stay together?" He asked.

"Of course I do." She said.

"Really?"

"I never want to lose you Sam."

He looked at her for a moment.

Oh my god, I knew that look.

He was going to kiss her!!

First kiss landed successfully! I quietly screamed in my head and threw my fist in the air. I was so proud of the young man he was turning into. I walked back into the house and went into the kitchen where Rhett was making dinner.

"Your son just had his first kiss!" I boasted.

"He did?!" He asked.

"Yep! Went smoothly!"

"That's my boy."

I giggled.

"Max, are you staying for dinner?" I asked.

"If that's alright!" He called.

"Of course it is."

"So, things are getting serious with Meghan." I said.

"Yes?" Samuel asked.

He was working on a school project.

"Are you... being safe?" I asked.

"MOM!" He screamed.

I swore the whole neighborhood heard him and his red cheeks could light up a room.

"Well, I just want to make sure you know about-"

"I know about it! Gosh! We haven't even gone that far okay?!"

I almost laughed at how embarrassed he got.

"Okay, but just know your father and I are here to talk."

He nodded and scratched the back of his neck.

Young Adulthood here he comes!

Poor Samuel!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 06:50:36 PM »
"I'm tired." I said plopping onto the couch.

"Welcome to getting older." Rhett said, putting his arm around me.

"I don't wanna get older."

He giggled.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"Max and Morgan are outside, and Sam and Meghan are in Sam's room."

"They're growing up."

"They are."

Speaking of growing up, Sam and Meghan were now young adults!

"MORGAN!" I screamed.

They jumped apart.

"Hi mom." She said in a tiny voice.

"I have no problem with Max staying the night, but there will no no neck kissing going on!" I scolded.

"Sorry Rebecca." Max apologized.

"Sorry mom."

"It's fine, just do not let it happen again, at least where I can see it."

I added the last part of it because I do remember how it was to be young and in love. I smiled and walked out of the kitchen.

When they grew up to be young adults Meghan had moved in. Which was absolutely fine by Rhett and I, they had been together for a while and we almost expected it to happen. They both agreed to get jobs to help with the bills. Sam wanted to do something with athletics while Meghan wanted to be a social media blogger.

"I can't wait to start work!" Meghan told me.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Yeah, it sounds like it will be really fun!"

"If you end up needing it we can get you your own office!"

"Really?! You don't have too, I don't want to be a bother!"

"It wouldn't be a bother at all!"

I was sitting in the studio.

Have you ever had the feeling of being ready to end something? Like you don't have any more to offer and you don't want to repeat yourself? I loved recording videos and I am so thankful for the community I grew, but I just don't think that I have it in me. This room was my safe place, a room where I could go and truly be myself in. I love it here, but I was starting to lose focus and interest in making videos. I had slowed down on videos and I knew that the community had been noticing. We weren't hurting in money since Rhett was at the height of his career and I was still getting royalty payments from past videos. I had been thinking of retiring for a while now but I don't want to let anyone down. When Rhett bought this house he made sure that I had a big room to record videos in, would he think that I was wasting it? Or that I didn't appreciate it?

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called.

Rhett walked in and closed the door before walking in and sitting on the black stool in front of me.

"Whatcha thinking about?" He asked.

I sighed, "I don't know."

"I don't believe that." He said.

"Would you be disappointed in me if I stopped recording videos?" I asked.

"What? Of course not! But may I ask why?"

"I just don't feel it anymore, you know? I loved every minute of my career but I don't want to become stale and repeat myself. The community has already noticed me not doing as much anyway and that kills me."

"Honey, if you are not happy anymore then you can stop. Of course I wouldn't be disappointed or mad at you."

I don't know why, but his words hit me hard and I started crying.

"No no! Don't cry! You can still do it! Please don't cry!" He said hugging me.

"Thank you for being so wonderful." I sobbed.

In the meantime, we had no idea that this was going on...

Samuel's POV

"Meg?" I asked.

"Yeah?" She said.

"I love you."

"I love you too sweetie!"

I walked over to her and hugged her tightly.

"I'm so thankful for you." I said.

"Awww, you're so sweet!" She said.

I took her hands.

"When we first met, I remember you being so shy. You didn't think you were good enough because of all those people telling you that you weren't pretty and you looked like a boy. But all of those guys were leading you to me, and I will forever be thankful for them. Because it gave me a change to put you back together and show you that you are enough and that you are beautiful. I love you so much and I cannot go another day without knowing that you are mine forever."

I got down on one knee.

"Samuel!" She gasped.

"Meghan. You are my world and my entire heart, will you make me the happiest person alive and marry me?" I asked.

"YES!"

She jumped in my arms and I spun her around before setting her back down. I placed the ring on her finger and kissed her gently. She pulled away and just stared at her ring.

"It's beautiful!" She gasped.

"I'm glad you love it." I smiled.

"What did we just miss?" Mom asked.

I turned around.

I looked at Meghan before looking back at everyone who just walked in.

"Meghan and I are getting married!"

"Oh my god!" Mom gasped.

We were surrounded by hugs and congratulations.

Here's to the future!

Next generation is taking off! Woo!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2019, 12:52:40 AM »
"So, are you ready?" I asked.

Samuel took a deep breath and nodded.

"Today is the big day." He said.

"My baby boy is getting married today!"

"Mooom."

"Sorry, I know."

I smiled at him.

"I am proud of you though." I said.

"Thank you."

"I can't wait until she is my daughter."

"Are you sure that you can't just call off?" I asked.

"It's a short day, I'll be home in time." Rhett said.

I sighed.

"It's crunch time baby, I retire soon and I want to get the most out of my retirement checks."

"I know." I groaned.

He brushed the hair out of my face.

"I will be home in time to see our son get married."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

I nodded.

"Come here."

"I'm nervous Morgan." Samuel said.

"Don't be nervous!" She said.

"What if this isn't what she wants?!"

"Of course this is what she wants!"

"What if I'm not good enough for her?"

"Honey, stop. Everything is fine." I told him.

He was freaking out and I knew that it was nerves. We were all getting ready for the ceremony and he was pacing at this point.

"She's ready!" Rhett said coming into the room.

"Oh god." Sam said.

I rubbed his back.

When she walked into the room. I can't even tell you how things changed though. His shoulder relaxed and it was like everything was fine all along. That's how I knew she was the one, she could relax him by just walking into the room.

"You look beautiful." Sam told her.

"Thank you, you look very handsome." She smiled.

With rings exchanged and vows said, my little boy was married.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

We had several things to celebrate.

Because a few days after the wedding Rhett and I aged up.

"Happy Birthday!"

We took turns blowing out the candles to our cake that Rhett baked of course.

"Wooo!" Morgan cheered.

I smiled.

I was scared to grow into an elder, but I felt thankful to have the chance. As a teenager I got told I had cancer, and then again when I was adult. I had two different times when I could have died so I didn't take life for granted. I had an amazing family, and both of my children had met their partners. They would be fine without us even though I knew that they would miss us.

Short, but sweet! Rhett and Rebecca are elders! Sam and Meghan are married!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2019, 08:22:27 PM »
To my wonderful community,

I want to start off by thanking you. This journey started in my first home when I just married Rhett. You guys have watched me grow into the woman that I am today and it is your support that got me there. You've stuck with me and encouraged me through my second cancer scare and that means the world to me. So it pains me to tell you that this is the end. You guys have noticed me uploading videos less and less, I know you have. So to be fair to the wonderful community that is Becca's Corner, it is time to say goodbye. I will no longer be uploading videos as of today. I will, however, check my emails frequently on the home computer and I would love to hear from you guys!

This was not an easy decision to come too. I have thought about it for a while before coming to this decision. I've recorded videos for the majority of my life and it was something that I had loved to do. But I felt like I was lacking in the creative aspect of it and I was feeling like I was repeating my videos. I never want to fail you guys and I hope that I didn't let anyone down. I will miss you guys terribly and the wonderful comments that you guys have left on my videos.

I love you all.

Becca

I must have read over my letter a million times before I got the courage to hit send. It was the hardest part hitting send because that meant that it was official. I was retired as a SimTuber, but now I could focus on the family for the remaining time that I had. Rhett had also retired from being a chef but promised to always make wonderful food for all of us. Another change that happened is we allowed Max to move in a little early. Morgan and him were about to turn into young adults and his parents didn't mind as long as he didn't slip in the last bit of school. They were sleeping in separate rooms for now, but once they grew up they were allowed to do what they wanted to do.

"Meghan, I have a surprise for you." I said.

"Coming!" She called.

I was standing outside of what used to be my studio.

"What's up?" She asked.

"Come in here."

I let her in first and she gasped.

"Mom!"

I smiled. I wanted her to call me mom now that her and Sam were married.

"This, is your new office!"

"You didn't have to get rid of your studio! I know how much that meant to you!"

I saw her get panicked.

"No! No, I retired. That part of my life is over, this part of your life is just starting."

"Thank you!"

She hugged me.

"Can I get started?!" She asked.

"Of course!"

I was feeling older.

Just parts of my body that worked wonderful, were starting not to work anymore. It was also getting harder for me to see things and I hoped that it didn't mean that I was going blind. Rhett assured me that he would take care of me, but he was getting older as well. I stood in front of the mirror of our bathroom and applied my face cream before getting into my lavender bath. I hoped that it would relax my muscles a bit.

"It's my first day, what if I don't do well with this new promotion?" Meghan asked Sam.

"You will do fine!" He told me.

"I chose the corporate path, what if people hate me?"

"Babe, they won't hate you!"

She took a deep breath and nodded.

"Now, you will go in there and you will kick some butt!"

"I will?"

"Yes!"

"This outfit is horrible!"

"You are beautiful!"

She nodded before giving Sam a hug and walking out of the house.

"Kids, we need to get our laundry done tonight." Rhett told the kids.

"Yes sir." Max said.

"Is your homework done as well?" I asked.

"Yes mom." Morgan said.

"Good."

"It's like we don't know the routine by now." Max giggled.

"I heard that." Rhett said.

I laughed.

A Few Hours Later

"WHAT?!" Sam yelled.

"Sam, what's going on?" I asked.

"Meghan just texted me, she was in the hospital!"

"Was?!" I gasped.

"Yeah, she didn't want me to worry. She passed out at work and they brought her to the ER."

"Is she okay?"

"I don't know, she didn't say! She's coming home now."

"I'm sure she is fine."

He sighed and stood up.

"Sam?"

"This is hard mom."

"What?"

"Being married, I worry all the time. ALL of the time, if I'm doing things right, if she's okay, if I'm making her happy."

"It gets easier. This is normal for the beginning, soon you guys will figure it all out and you won't worry about it as much."

"Are you sure?"

"Love, I'm married. Of course I am sure."

"Thanks mom."

The front door opened and Meghan walked in. Sam rushed over and greeted her with a long hug and a kiss.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm fine Sam." She smiled.

"Did they say why you passed out?"

"Well, yeah."

"What caused it?"

"Well, Sam. I'm pregnant."

I gasped.

"WHAT?!"

She smiled and nodded.

"I'm going to be a dad?!"

"Yeah!"

He just hugged her for the longest time.

"Are you happy?" She asked.

"Of course!" He said.

I got up and congratulated them.

I was going to be a grandma!

First baby on the way! Woo!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 06:17:12 PM »
"Do you feel that?" Meghan asked.

"Whoa!" Sam gasped.

I giggled.

"That's insane! Does it hurt?"

"When the baby kicks sometimes."

I smiled remembering my own pregnancies. I felt so close to them during those times and I did miss it from time to time. Sometimes I wished we had more children but I was thankful for the two that we did have.

On another note, Morgan and Max grew up to be young adults!

Morgan was very excited because she already knew what she wanted to do for a career. She pulled me aside one day away from Rhett and told me that she felt strongly about continuing his legacy as celebrity chef. She wanted to go into the culinary career and follow in her fathers foot steps. The thought of it made me tear up so I just knew when she told Rhett that he would be touched. When she sat him down with Rhett that night, I could feel pride as I watched her explain what she wanted to do. Rhett cried, and that shocked me because I've only seen him cry a hand full of times in our marriage. Morgan was our youngest, and she grew up to be a beautiful young woman.

Max on the other hand chose a different path. He wanted to be a Police Officer and he was excited about doing so. Morgan supported him, but I could see that she was worried about it. She opened up to me later about how worried she was about his safety. Her concerns were understandable but this was something that he wanted to do. I knew it was something she would struggle with for as long as he was going to be a cop, but together I knew that they would be okay. He started working right away because he was that excited!

Meghan sat down at the island and let out a sigh.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm tired of being tired." She said.

"I get that." I giggled.

She was well into her third trimester and ready to pop.

"I'm going to be pregnant forever." She said.

"You will not!"

Sam was at work so we kept an eye on her while he worked. He was worried about missing the birth but he was only a few minutes away.

"Were you this size?"

"With Sam I was, but Morgan I was a bit tinier."

"Maybe we're having a boy then."

I smiled.

The front door opened.

"I'm home!" Sam called.

"Hi honey!" Meghan said.

"How was work?" I asked.

"It was fine." He told me.

He walked over to Meghan and kissed her forehead.

"I missed you."  She said.

"How are you feeling?"

"I'm okay."

She leaned in and kissed his cheek.

One thing that she loved about being pregnant is that it gave her more of a chance to work.

"The office doing okay for you?" I asked.

"It's wonderful! I love it so much." Meghan told me.

"That's good."

Sam constantly would go in and check on her and I swore that she was going to lock the door at some point. He was so worried about her and all together being a father. It was sweet and I knew that he would do fine as a father.

"Wow, it took you that long?!" Morgan gasped.

"Well, I wanted to get it just right you see? A perfect roast needs time." Rhett said.

"So what about seasons?"

"You don't want to over season things. People tend to over due it on seasons, now I'll give you some of my tricks with that later. I have it all written down."

"That would be awesome!"

He has loved telling her his tips and tricks when it came to cooking. I could really see their relationship getting stronger with this. So far she has loved being a chef and the two in the kitchen together was a sight to see. I smiled and headed into the kitchen to get some left overs. Once Rhett retired the stock of food in the fridge had stopped but now that Morgan was learning we were back to being over stocked with food, and I missed that.

"OW!"

My head snapped to Sam's room.

"MOM!" Sam screamed.

I ran in, "What's going on?!"

"Meghan's water broke!"

I went into mom mode and tried to calm him down all while getting to Meghan to help her out. It was hours and hours of pain and Sam freaking out.

"Ow! Ow! It hurts!"

"I know sweetie." I said.

"Oh god!"

Sam was holding her hand through the pain.

"I think it's time!"

"You did wonderful." Sam said.

"I'm so tired." Meghan said.

"You can go relax, I can take the baby." He told her.

"Just a few minutes."

I smiled.

They had a healthy baby boy and his name was Carson.

I walked out of the room to give the new parents some privacy.

Rhett and I were grandparents.

Welcome Carson!
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2019, 12:07:48 AM »
Sam's POV

"So, how is being a father?" Morgan asked.

"It's great. I was nervous at the start, but I think I'm getting the hang of it." I told her.

"That's great, you seem like a natural."

"Thank you."

"Sam, something is worrying me."

I looked at her, the conversation turned quickly.

"Okay, what's up?"

"What are we going to do when mom and dad pass? Can we afford to keep the house?"

"I don't know Morgan, but I'm sure they'll leave us some money behind."

"Are you and Meghan going to move out?" She asked.

I thought about it for a moment, but this house has become home.

"I don't want too." I told her.

She nodded.

"You can stay as long as you want as well. Maybe together we can keep the house."

She smiled and I could tell that it relaxed her a bit more. She continued to chop the tomatoes for dinner.

Carson was a pretty calm baby. He barely woke us up at night which was wonderful. Meghan and I often took turns when he did wake up, but it happened very rarely. Meghan worked from home for the first couple days after Carson was born. She was excited to get out of the house though so mom and dad watched Carson if it happened to fall on a time where both of us were at work. They didn't mind it at all though, they were soaking in being grandparents and loved him dearly. It made me sad to think that he would barely remember them when he grew up. I could tell their time was running short though in the way they moved slower and just seemed less energetic. Carson started crying and I got up from my chair and walked into the nursery.

"Why are you crying little guy?" I asked.

I picked him up, making sure to support his head.

"Are you hungry again?!"

I grabbed the bottle and he chugged it down.

"You are a bottomless pit!"

"Can I have a turn with my grandson?"

I turned around to see mom standing in the doorway.

"Your grandma wants to hold you now."

I smiled as she walked over. I transferred him into her arms carefully.

"Go rest, I got him." She said.

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course!"

She began to rock him gently as I walked out of the room.

"Off to work?" I asked Max.

"Yep! You?" He said.

"No, I have today off. Morgan still nervous?"

"Always, I don't know how to calm her down with this man."

"She'll come around, give her time."

He nodded before heading out of the house.

He looked all fancy in his suit!

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, just being fussy." Meghan said.

"You got him?"

She nodded.

She was rocking him side to side while he was resting on her shoulder.

"I'm so lucky." I told Meghan later that night.

We were outside having some fun in the snow. We built a few snowmen and did some snow angels.

"Are you?" She smiled.

"Yes, I have the most beautiful wife in the world. We've been together through high school and I'm thankful for that. We have a son who I cannot wait to see grow up, and I have my sister and parents. I'm just so grateful."

"I love you." She said.

"I love you too."

I leaned over and kissed her cheek.

It was crazy how fast that time went. Before we knew it Carson grew up to be a toddler, and boy did he inherit my bright orange hair.

"He has your eyes!" Meghan gasped.

"That's not a bad thing, right?" I asked.

"No! I love your eyes! Oh god, the girls will be all over him."

I laughed.

"Well, we'll just have to get a big stick to beat them away."

She playfully slapped me to get me to stop being silly.

"I cannot believe he's a toddler!" She said.

"Me either, it went by way too fast.

He's too cute!
My Stories:
-----