Author Topic: [BUG] Death Notification for every single sim met  (Read 5464 times)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
[BUG] Death Notification for every single sim met
« on: June 22, 2018, 08:15:18 PM »
Hi, I know that you are supposed to now get the notification if one of your sims room mates die while you are off lot and therefore get the sad buff.. but my very popular 'Friend of the World' sim is in constant sadness as every single sim he has ever met since toddler stage is counting as a room mate and therefore he is always sad . I'm getting two moodlets at a time as they are mostly elders now, and nothing I can do will overpower these buffs. I wouldn't mind if your 10 other powerful buffs in ANY other emotion could push it to the end of the line, but it never does.

I've experimented using a room full of inspired decor, drinking an inspired potion after having a thoughtful shower and cloudgazing.. Then researching art and gathering inspiration while being in a club with the strongest inspiration vibe possible.. and nope.. the sad buff does not budge.

As the 'remove negative buff' cheat does not work (have put that down in the cheat topic) I am starting to lose faith that my sim will ever be happy again  ;)

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG] Death Notification for every single sim met
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 10:22:30 PM »
Yes, this is a bug and so there's no work-around really except I'm playing with aging off just to avoid that.   :-\

Sim gets "phone call" & notice about another sims' death
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/UNSURE-Sim-gets-quot-phone-call-quot-amp-notice-about-another/td-p/6891985
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »
What a brilliant idea. Thank you @Playalot it was driving me crazy

Offline Marloesch_

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 03:30:42 PM »
Hi guys!

So, I'm new to the forum. Have been playing The Sims from the beginning :D. Usually when I have a problem or am in need of some other information I can find it on the website or somewhere along the forum. But... The thing I'm having trouble with now is something I haven't come across yet. I'm hoping someone can help me because it's ruining my fun..

Everytime a random Sim dies, someone my active Sim has been friends or aquantainces with, the moodlet 'Very Sad' appears. I can understand this happens when a family member or close friend dies but it happens with every death. And the moodlet stays for 2 days (Sim time). To make matters worse, I have been playing with my active Sim for a long time (potion of youth, yay) so Sims keep dying like every day. It really sets back my gameplay. She is sad at work, so I don't get promoted, she is sad when I'm trying to gain skills, etc etc.
Other members of my household get affected too. For example, when grandma died, one of the kids was just a baby. When she aged into a toddler she received the 'Very Sad' moodlet and haven't lost it since.
I've tried cheats like 'sims.remove_all_buffs', 'resetsim [name]', 'make happy'after shift+click but they don't work, the moodlet stays no matter what cheat or other thing I'm trying.

I really hope someone knows a solution for this problem because if it stays this way I don't want to play anymore :(

P.S. Sorry if my English isn't 100%. I'm not a native speaker :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 04:08:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum @Marloesch_

I posted about this on a different thread a few days ago, when it happened at the very end of a long challenge.
Giving a moodlet solver to a sim with multiple Sad moodlets will get rid of the sadness.
If you don't have access to moodlet solvers, though, Playalot's workaround to disable ageing completely is your best bet until this bug is fixed.

Offline wa-wa-world

• Vaguely Confused
  • Occult
  • Hi I'm Anna its nice to meet you
Constant Mourning over acquaintance death
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2018, 04:58:46 PM »
Has anyone had a problem with sims getting the "mourning from loosing a friend" moodlet even though the sim who died wasn't a friend of your sim? My sim Wanda got a phone call saying something like "Hey Matsako Uchi died thought you'd want to know" and then she gets the 2 day long moodlet.
But the sim who died was just the vendor my sim bought a hot chocolate from, they barely had any green at all, it's getting really annoying because the moodlets stack and my sim has been sad for a week consecutively now and it's making things near impossible all she wants to do is cry! (she's cried in bed over 10 times and the moodlet is still on 18h)

Has anyone else experienced this since the last update?
Gallery Id: Soda_Stealer

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2018, 07:54:49 PM »
@wa-wa-world  yes, this is a known bug. See posts above to find bug report link
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.