Author Topic: The Yoshida Legacy - Graveyard please  (Read 27083 times)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Creative titles, whaaat?
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »
@oshizu Haha, Katsuo's a hard working founder that's for sure! Also, -squeal-, Ayato communicated with me -heart eyes- I think he's my favorite sim ever, to date--out of all the sims I've played or read about, it's him for sure! I want to be alerted the very second you start a new challenge with Ayato!!! Oh, and that's a great tip, I'll start doing that!

@Shewolf13 and oshizu, haha, I'll take your word for it--the only accidental death I've ever had was actually electrocution, and I was able to plead my way out of it. The emotional deaths are really hard for me, for some reason! I see in other people's games, and my friend's when we have 'sim hang out nights', that the emotional deaths happen almost immediately after they hit that enraged/mortified/hysterical state, but I have to keep my sims in that state for over 2 sim hours at least. My game doesn't like emotional deaths for some reason!

@FrancescaFiori Thank you! Katsuo's ready to be moving forward at last!!

Also, I'd like to save a BIG thank you to you all for reading <3 I've gotten more interaction here in just these first few chapters than on my blog and the sims forum, and it's really endearing to actually have people read and also to have people to talk to about my legacy. I'm just really happy here.

1.6: One True Love
You can read this post on Wordpress here.

Katsuo: This is the moment I’ve been dreaming of. Finding the love of my life, starting a family…happiness, true happiness. I want it so bad.
We’re going to get it for you, Katsuo! Just you wait. I’ve got someone special for you.
Katsuo: Wait, really? You do?
Of course! You were a real trooper, and I want you to be happy. Now, we just have to find her…

Uh, that’s not her.
-sigh- I didn’t think so.
I don’t see her anywhere in this bar…

Maybe if I hang out by the jukebox for a little while, she’ll show up?
Maybe…I hope so. I didn’t think it would be this hard to find her. Then again, we’ve only gone to one spot! We’ll give it a little longer.
Okay. I’m just so excited!

Rika still hasn’t seen her, so we decide to change venues and head over to The Shrieking Llama, in hopes that she’ll be there.
Fingers crossed!
Can I know her name?
Nope! I don’t want to influence you too much. I just hope you like her.

Katsuo! Katsuo, it’s her! She’s here!
Katsuo: Oh…oh, goodness.

Katsuo: Hello! I hope you don’t mind if I join you?
??: Not at all! Please, sit down. I’m Nana Amano, what’s your name?
Katsuo: I’m Katsuo Yoshida, it’s a pleasure to meet you! How are you today?
Nana: I’m well, thank you for asking! What brings you here?
Katsuo: -blushes- To tell the truth, Nana, I’m here because I’m hoping to find love. Not the fleeting kind of love, but that love that sustains you through your life.
Nana: That’s so beautiful! I’ve never met someone able to admit that.
Katsuo: Thank you. If it’s not too forward, I’d like to get to know you better.
Nana: I’d like that.

Ahh, just look at them. They’re such a beautiful couple already. Although, we’re going to have to do something about her clothes.
Nana: Isn’t the sky so beautiful today?
Katsuo: I don’t think it’s ever been this beautiful before.
Nana: Hehe, what do you mean?
Katsuo: I want to be honest with you, because I don’t want to start things off the wrong way. I’ve dated a good bit, and I’ve cloud gazed with others before, but it’s never felt like this. I’ve never felt so…at peace, with someone.
Nana: Oh, Katsuo. You’re so sweet.
Katsuo: You don’t mind?
Nana: We all have a past, Katsuo. I could never hold that against you.
-squeal!-

Nana: So, this is where you live?
Katsuo: Yeah, I know it isn’t much, but someday…
Nana: I think it’s nice. You don’t need to apologize for how you live. But why are we here?
Katsuo: Erm, well, I don’t know how to say this…but, my watcher…
Nana: Your watcher?
Katsuo: Yeah, I’m a legacy founder, so I have a watcher who helps me.
Nana: Oh! That’s so cool! Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt. You were saying?
Katsuo is trying to find a nice way to say that I’d like to take you to the closet and give you a makeover, Nana.
Nana: Oh my goodness! Who’s that?
Katsuo: That’s Rika, my watcher. She must really like you to talk to you so soon!
Nana: Well, that’s flattering. I suppose I don’t mind a makeover.

Here we go!

Nana: Ta da!
EEEEE, SO PRETTY!
Katsuo: Wow. Just…wow. You were already breathtaking, Nana, but you look amazing!
Nana: -blushes- Thank you! This isn’t the only new outfit she gave me, you know.
Katsuo: Oh? Well, would you maybe…like to go on a date with me? We could see your party outfit!
Nana: Sure!

Katsuo: Wow! That’s a beautiful dress!
Nana: Hehe, thank you! I rather like it, too. Your watcher was very kind to me.
Katsuo: Kind to me, too…

I quickly go and request a table for us, although it’s almost painful to pull myself away from Nana for the five minutes it takes. Rika was so right to put the two of us together! I only hope I can win Nana’s heart.

Katsuo: So, what catches your eye?
Nana: Oh, I’m a simple girl. I’ll probably just get ramen…
Katsuo: I hear their ramen is very good. I’ll join you!

Nana: You’re right! This is delicious. I’m so glad you took me here, Katsuo.
Katsuo: I’m glad we’re here together. I’d heard that once you meet the right girl, it hits the reset button on the world, and every experience is like new again. I didn’t really understand that until I met you.
Nana: Oh, Katsuo…

Nana: This has been such an amazing night, Katsuo! I never thought when I moved to Windenburg that I would meet someone like you. I never thought I would ever meet anyone like you.
Katsuo: It warms my heart to hear you say that, Nana. I never thought I’d meet someone like you, either–I hoped for it, but I didn’t really think it would happen for me.

Nana: Oh!
Aww, little lovebirds.

Katsuo: I know we only just met today, Nana, but would you be my girlfriend?
Nana: I was hoping you’d ask! Yes, of course.
Katsuo: I want to commemorate this moment. Take a picture with me?
Nana: Hehe, yes!

And here we leave these lovebirds to their canoodling. Don’t you just love Nana? You can download her from the gallery here. She is completely covered in CC, and I couldn’t find the links to what CC I’d have to have installed, so I just plopped her into an empty home and put her in some quick clothes so that I could get her out of the street–she was bald and naked when she loaded into the game. As you can see from that link, though, Nana’s traits are visible, which excludes her from primary spouse status. But our primary spouse has passed away, so that doesn’t matter.
I can’t wait to see more of Katsuo and Nana! Squealing the whole time I’m writing with a goofy smile on my face.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Chapter 1.6: One True Love
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2018, 05:43:05 PM »
Ooooo Loving Nana!  She's gorgeous ^^ Hehe, I'm afraid I rarely stick to the spouse rules for a legacy XD I have a bit too much fun with it lol.  I can't wait to see the gorgeous nooboos those two produce!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
Nanai is stunning, even without any make-up! What a good find!
I wouldn't worry about not making her a primary spouse, either. It's impossible to discover the names of #legacyloves without their traits appearing, too.
So all we can do is ignore the name and traits, and force our sims to learn the traits themselves.
Haha, obviously, you picked Nana for her looks rather than her traits, though. Is it too late to count her as your primary spouse?

Looking forward to the toddlers! I'm with you Shewolf13--they'll be gorgeous without a doubt!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2018, 01:19:29 AM »
Nana is really beautiful. I bet she even looks all right with no hair! Glad to see that all is forgiven and Katsuo and Watcher are on good terms once again! Hooray for true love!

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »
@Shewolf13 Nana's the best! 8D And I may be biased, but I think their kids are gorgeous <3 We'll have to see what y'all think when we get there!

@oshizu I definitely picked Nana for her looks  ;D Not even remotely ashamed about that. She's just so prettyyyy, and she made beautiful babies. And she really is a skilling machine! I was really impressed by how quickly she picked up skills, considering she didn't have any toddler or childhood traits, obviously.

@FrancescaFiori LOL, yeah, she still looked pretty good with no hair! I'm glad everyone likes Nana as much as me, heh.

1.7: Makin’ Magic

And we’re back for more adorableness between Katsuo and Nana!

Katsuo: Another picture?
Nana: Yes, we have to commemorate this moment! We’re moving in together!
Katsuo: You’re so right. I don’t ever want to forget this.
Nana: I just can’t believe how lucky I am to have met you. And I’m going to be a watched sim now!
That’s right, Nana. You’re a vital part of this legacy!
Nana: I’m going to do everything I can to make you proud.
Katsuo: I can think of one thing that would make Rika happy…and me too!
Nana: Oh, my.

Getting right to it! We’ve got no time to lose, this family has to get started!
Katsuo: Do you mind? A little privacy would be nice!
Meep!

Nana: Yes! I’m pregnant! Oh my goodness, and on the first try too!
You did it, yay!

Nana: Katsuo, guess what!
Katsuo: What, what is it? Is everything okay?
Nana: More than okay! We’re going to be parents!
Katsuo: Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh! I can’t believe it! And I thought this day couldn’t get any better!
Katsuo is so excited to have a family at last, it’s just adorable. He walked around with a grin on his face FOREVER.

Nana: Thanks for buying me a violin, Rika!
Not a problem! Hey, things moved so quickly you didn’t have time to introduce yourself to the readers. Why don’t you say hello?
Nana: Oh, you’re right! I was just caught up in our whirlwind romance. Hello, readers! My name is Nana. I’m a hot-headed, neat, music lover with the musical genius aspiration! I’m really grateful that Rika was willing to overlook my hot-headed trait, I know it’s not very desirable.
Ah, it’s all right, Rika. Unlike some other watchers, I’m not that bothered by having one negative trait, and the moment I saw you, I knew you’d be perfect for Katsuo!
Nana: Aw, thank you! I promise, I’ll try to be the best wife and mother I can be, and I’ll work really hard.
See? You’re already worth it!

Our happy little couple shares a meal of ramen that evening. They don’t have much, but they don’t seem to mind now that they have each other!
Katsuo: That’s right, Rika. I’d go back to living under the stars, so long as I had Nana at my side.

Nana: We have to make a quick trip to the spice market so I can get strawberries! Rika says our heir law requires strict equality, so Katsuo’s heir has to be female.
You can’t really tell that Nana’s pregnant, but that’s because she has a really tiny waist naturally. If you look closely, you can see that her waist is a straight line now instead of curved in–that’s all the evidence of her baby bump right now!

Nana: Raw strawberries aren’t terribly tasty, but I did agree to do everything I can for this legacy, and raw strawberries are a very small price to pay!
Don’t forget to save some–
Nana: What was that? I wolfed these down as fast as I could to get it over with.
Nevermind…we’ll just have to get more for our garden later.

Katsuo: Nana’s taking it easy with her pregnancy right now, but I’m hard at work trying to get the bodybuilder aspiration completed! Working out can only be done in short spurts, so leveling fitness is difficult, but at least I can do yoga without getting fatigued, so I can work on maximizing my body potential.
Maybe if you do a lot of yoga, you won’t turn into the hulk.
Katsuo: I hope so. I don’t want to be unattractive…
I’m sure Nana will always think you’re attractive. It’s me who doesn’t like big bulky men.

Nana: Doot, doot, doot, do do dee doot doot! These earbuds are great.
And free! We didn’t have to buy a radio. 
Nana: But why am I listening to kids radio? I don’t mind, but it’s not my first choice.
Well, we’re aiming to have three children, so the readers have choices to pick from. But having three pregnancies isn’t ideal, so I’m hoping you’ll have twins once and a single kid the second time.
Nana: Twins! That’s going to be a lot of work. But so worth it.
I’m glad you think so! It’s too bad Katsuo’s wellness isn’t leveled enough to give you a fertility massage, and you don’t have enough points to get the fertile trait, and I forgot to set the lot trait to leyline. My bad. We’ll just have to hope this works!
Nana: If not, there’s always the second time to have twins! And, really, I don’t mind trying for a baby three times…
I’ll just bet you don’t.

Our little couple, hard at work! Nana’s trying to get as much of her aspiration done as possible before she gives birth, because once the twins(thinking positive!) are here, her hands are going to be full. I’ve decided that she won’t join a career, so that she can give her undivided attention to the children.
Nana: I’m so lucky to be able to be a stay at home mom. I won’t miss a moment of my kids childhood!
Katsuo: I’m trying to max my career as soon as I can, so that I can quit my job and stay at home to help. I already make more from paintings than I do at my job, so quitting isn’t a concern financially.

Nana: Why am I painting instead of playing the violin?
Because I just remembered that someone is going to have to paint Katsuo’s portrait, and you have to have level 8 in painting for it to count toward the points! So we’ve got to get you leveled up before Katsuo’s an elder. I want to immortalize his hotness.
Nana: Hotness? Should I be worried here?
Not at all. Katsuo is all yours. I just get to appreciate from afar. But also, readers, look! Nana has a visible baby bump now!

Little lovebirds, autonomously flirting with each other while they eat! I’m so glad they really like each other–obviously, if you spam friendly and romantic interactions enough, you can make any sim like you, but that doesn’t mean they’ll really like you. Nana is always spawning whims to flirt with or kiss or woohoo Katsuo, or even just talk to him. She really loves him!

Third trimester! Dang, that baby bump! Those clothes were not made with a pregnant sim in mind.
Nana: Ouch. That hurt…
Sorry, Nana, I didn’t mean it like that! You’re positively glowing, still as beautiful as ever!
Nana: Aw, thank you!

Nana: Oh god, oh god, oh god, it hurts! It hurts so much! What’s happening?!
Welp, I just got the notification that you’re in labor. Time to have these babies!
Nana: I didn’t know it would hurt this much!
I believe it’s called labor for a reason…

Katsuo: Baby time? Hospital? Ahhhhhh!
So, Katsuo is not remaining calm at all.
Katsuo: Baby time!

You’re looking much calmer, Nana.
Nana: Yeah, well, I think I’ve got this. I’ve been reading the parenting books in my spare time, and at least I’m not having a home birth. The doctors will take care of me.

Nurse: -typey type type-
Nana: Hello? I’m here to check in.
Nurse: Yeah, yeah, just a second…-type type typerson-
Nana: EXCUSE ME. I AM IN LABOR HERE. YOU WILL ASSIST ME NOW!
Yikes! Don’t mess with a pregnant woman!
Nurse: -gulp- Of course. I’ll get you checked in right away.
Nana: That’s more like it.

Nana: This hospital isn’t very nice, and the nurse wasn’t attentive at all. I hope this will go okay…
Don’t worry, Nana. I’m here for you!

Katsuo: Oh god, it’s happening! It’s go time! Do you know what you’re doing?
Nana: Katsuo, darling, relax. The doctor has done this before, I’m sure.
Doctor: Yes, of course, I totally have. Nothing to worry about, I swear.
…well then.

Nana: Is that my HEART? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
Doctor: Whoops, wrong button!

Nana: Thankfully, nothing went wrong with the delivery, no thanks to that incompetent doctor. And Rika’s happy, because I had twins, and both girls! This here is little Hana, our first born.

Katsuo: And this is Kiku. She’s so adorable. I’m in love already.

I think that’s a good note to end on, eh? The second generation has been born, at last! Let’s hope I can handle two toddlers at once. Well, three, possibly…

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Chapter 1.7: Makin' Magic (3/5)
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2018, 06:43:39 PM »
Congrats on the twin girls! Nana is naturally slender so she looks huuuuuuge in her third trimester!

Can't wait to meet Hana and Kiku as children (again, hehe)!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2018, 07:59:56 PM »
Woo!  Twins!  Love it ^^ Kekekeke, I love when the heart thing happens.  But I'm an evil watcher XD

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 02:15:32 AM »
Hooray for babies! I love Katsuo's panicking face. He's usually so cool and collected.
Welcome to Hana and Kiku! I can tell their parents are smitten already.

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2018, 02:00:51 AM »
@oshizu Right?! Nana looks so *crazy* pregnant, hehehe. I'm glad you're excited to re-meet Hana and Kiku :D The funny thing about transporting this over, is *I'm* essentially re-meeting them sort of, and now I'm wishing I'd written it a bit differently. Ah well.

@Shewolf13 Omg, Kiku almost makes me cry, I swear! She gets very few breaks in life. And yes, yay twins! I'm always excited when my sims have twins, heh.

@FrancescaFiori Katsuo's always like 'yes, I've got this, and I'm gonna do this, and here's the plan' and then OH NO BABIEEEEESS. He was so logical and well planned for starting the legacy--a daunting challenge!--but god forbid you throw children at him.

1.8: Kids and Collectibles

So, I’ve decided to take advantage of the baby life stage and let Katsuo and Nana get some work done on the family garden. When they’re babies, you can leave the house and they go to ‘daycare’ and unlike toddlers, their needs don’t actually decay! For some reason, when my toddlers go to daycare, they always end up starving, and then I have to rush to get them fed as soon as I get home. Bah.

Katsuo: If we’re working on the garden, why am I fishing?
Well, I once caught a ufo plant fishing, so I’m hoping that’ll happen again. Random space encounters take forever.

Katsuo: Well, no ufo plant so far, but we’ve been on the lot long enough that a snapdragon plant has grown! I’m going to harvest it before some random sim shows up and steals it.
Good plan! We need that to create a dragonfruit and start our garden empire!

Nana: I was originally left at home with the children, but then Rika remembered the daycare situation and brought me here to fish while Katsuo harvests plants. I can be useful, too!
You’re very useful, Nana! And no point leaving you at home, it’s not like you can do anything with the babies while I’m gone.
Nana: True, but I’m not very happy about sending them to daycare. I thought the point of me not having a job was to spend time with my kids!
Well, yeah, but they’re babies, so…not much to miss out on. Besides, all they do is cry. Blech.

Nana: Oooh, a box!
Gasp! What’s inside?
Nana: Drat, only an apple.
Hmph. Keep fishing!

Nana: We didn’t catch a ufo plant fishing, but we did harvest some lilies and snapdragons, so we’ll be able to graft an orchid and as soon as we find some strawberries, we can get a dragonfruit!
Katsuo: And Rika figured out how to form a club, so now we’re rallying the troops! I hope this doesn’t mean we won’t get to sleep anymore…
Certainly not. I would never be so cruel.
Katsuo: You don’t sound very sincere.

With fishing for a ufo being a bust, I decided to buy a rocket ship. No harm in covering all our bases! And we can get started on our garden, too! I only bought the one plot this time, because it’s going to take a hot minute for them to level up enough to graft, and then a bit longer for the orchid to be harvestable.

Nana: Because I’m the stay at home mom, my job is gardening. Rika says if we can grow a proper garden, I could make more just harvesting it than any job could pay us!
That’s right! We just have to get your levels up. Hopefully it won’t take too long. Neither of you have reward traits, so skilling is a bit slow. 
Nana: But you bought the club perk to level gardening faster while in a club gathering, so that should help, right?
Hopefully!

Nana: At last, I get to spend some time with my children. Rika’s right, there isn’t much bonding to be done, but I also need to level my parenting up so that we can get better choices for the character value interactions, and so I can give them a second wind as toddlers!
-grumble- I still don’t see why you want to hang out with the babies, but whatever makes you happy.
Nana: They’re my children! Of course I want to spend time with them!

Nana: When Katsuo goes to work the next day, I’m sent out of the house again. I try to go to the spice market first to buy strawberries, but the vegetable stand is closed!
Drat. On to plan b!
Right. But look, Rika, I found a strawberry bush! We just have to wait for it to grow.

I may have underestimated the time it will take for this to grow…
Yeah, but you need to stay close to it, so that the second it’s harvestable, some other random sim doesn’t steal it!
-sigh- As you wish.

The strawberry bush did grow from a little sprout to a bush, but it still wasn’t harvestable, and my needs were very low, so we head home for the day. And just in time for my babies to need me!

Ah yes, I’ve got this parenting thing down!

I’m pregnant again! Confetti, woohoo!
We decided not to take a pregnancy test this time, to have a shorter infant stage. Although, I guess it all amounts to the same time until they’re toddlers.
I have to tell Katsuo!

No, you need to get strawberries! We need one more girl for the readers to have good voting choices, and also we need some for the garden.
Aw, fine. Look, they’re open! Ahhh, morning sickness.
Make sure to buy enough to have some leftover for the garden!

Katsuo: It is at this point that Rika realized she made a fatal error during the challenge.
Hey! It was an easy mistake to make!
You had me paint Nana’s portrait instead of Bella’s! And Bella’s dead!
I know, I know, and Bella was the primary spouse, so it’s her portrait that counts for points. That’s why you’re strengthening her connection to the physical realm! We can paint a picture of her ghost. I hope that counts…
Katsuo: Well I hope she isn’t an angry ghost. You did murder her.
Yeah, that would be bad.

Nana: No rest for me! Rika has us rally the troops again and then I’m sent out to the garden! It’s not the most fun work to be doing, but I want to earn money for the household, too!
The garden is a very important project! Your contribution is going to be really helpful.
I hope so!

Once the garden is tended, I get to work on building the rocket. Hopefully it won’t take too long to find a ufo plant. I don’t want to let Rika down!

Katsuo: And before we know it, it’s birthday time for the twins!
Yes! Time to train up some toddlers!
Katsuo: Don’t you mean, ‘time to bond with our children’?
Ah, yeah, that too. But what the heck is with Kiku’s hair? Neither of you are blonde!
Katsuo: I think that’s a side effect of my custom hair, actually.
Grrr, so she’s always going to grow up with blonde hair. Dang it!

Nana: And this is Hana, pre-makeover!
She got your hair! Not that it’s going to stick around for long, but still. At least one of them grew up with black hair.
Nana: She’s adorable, and so is Kiku! They’re both precious!
Yeah, yeah. Hana grew up with the inquisitive trait, while Kiku grew up fussy. Blonde hair, fussy…I’m not liking Kiku already.
Katsuo: Don’t talk about her that way! We love our children for who they are.

And here are the twins post-makeover! Kiku is on the left, in the pink dress with big pigtails, and Hana is on the right in the green dress with braided pigtails. They’re both so cute now!

And that’s all for today! Check in next time for adorable, if exhausting toddler-ness!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Chapter 1.8: Kids and Collectibles (3/9)
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:50 AM »
Wow, Nana is so petite! Her waist is so tiny! o.O
You know, I used to be an avid counter of sim-days (well, I still am which is why I use that dumb Week/Day thing in my updates), but the appearance of toddlers changed the length of the nooboo stage: with or without a pregnancy test, the nooboo stage is two days on normal lifespan. :)

Nana's such a hard worker! Gardening, parenting, building the rocket ship!
The twins are adorable, of course! I love Kiku's pigtails!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2018, 04:51:20 PM »
The toddlers are so cute! I love how they already resemble their parents, too. I usually can't tell with toddlers, but Hana definitely has her mother's eyes. Adorable!
Bummer about the portrait mishap! I'm sure a ghostly Bella portrait haunting the house will be fine. Just put it in a dark room. :)

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 07:52:14 PM »
@oshizu I know, she's a stick! But not a straight stick. She's like that weird stick you find that's kind of curved. Cause she isn't just thin, her waist goes snap in, then back out for her little hips. And excuse you, 'dumb week/day thing'?! I love that format! I loved it so much reading your stories that I adopted it myself hehehe  ;D And yes, Nana is a seriously hard worker! She builds skills faster than Katsuo does, and she's always doing something handy. I love her sooooo much!

@FrancescaFiori Eeee, aren't they just adorable? I love how cute toddlers are. If only they slept a little faster, so I could keep them skilling. But there are no dang toddler beds better than the energy 1, bah! And yup, I totally messed up on Bella's portrait initially, but thank god for ghosts! I'm so glad I didn't delete her tombstone like I was thinking about doing.

1.9: Wait, how many kids?!

Katsuo: The kids grew up hungry, so I immediately start serving up a salad for them! Why are we feeding our kids salad?
Because, I don’t want them to get chubby!

Nana: That’s right, the blocks go on top of each other!
Kiku: That’s fine, I’ll just play dolls on my own…the reject child…
Aw, Kiku, you’re not the reject child! Daddy’s just making you some food right now.
Kiku: Don’t think I didn’t hear your comment about not liking me! The cards are stacked against me from day one.
Well…I mean…you’re fussy. But that doesn’t mean anything, not yet. And besides, it’s the readers who get to choose the heir, not me. So nothing’s stacked against you yet!
Hana: I’m just going to keep building this tower over here..be a good little skiller drone…
That’s my girl!
Kiku: Mooooom! Do you hear this!
Nana: Be nice, Rika! They’re just toddlers!

Kiku: Yay, daddy finished dinner! Thanks for the bakery shelf, Rika. It’s so much faster than waiting for a high chair meal.
And more nutritious! You’d be eating sandwiches all the time if we used high chairs.

Nana: And then the unicorn jumped high into the sky, to take on the ferocious dragon!
Kiku: Really? That’s what happened?
Hana: Shhh, Kiku, we can’t let mom know this story is ridiculous.
Multitasking! The twins get fed at the same time as they level imagination. We’re aiming for top notch toddlers here–I’ve never gotten one before, and now I’m trying to do two at once! Waaaaaaah!

Kiku: I hate story time! Hate it, hate it, hate it!
KIKU. STOP SMASHING THE DOLLHOUSE.
Kiku: Make me! Rawr!

In other news, Bella’s ghost has appeared! Quick, Katsuo, paint her portrait before she’s gone!
Katsuo: I’m on it! We won’t lose that legacy point on my watch!

Nana: Can you say pan? Paaaaan?
Hana: I can say ‘I’m sitting in a mess my sister made because she hates everything Rika has her do’.
Nana: Well then. I don’t know what to say to that.
Yeah, so, Kiku is very defiant, considering she didn’t get the ‘independent trait.’ I thought fussy toddlers were just clingy?

Katsuo: Oh yeah, level 9 promotion! I’ve got this career in the bag!
You’re doing so well, Katsuo! You’re going to max painter before your adult birthday! Well, your second adult birthday, anyway.
Katsuo: And then I get to spend more time with Hana and Kiku! I’m sure Kiku is only acting out so much because she wishes we were both their for her. She gets sad every time I go to work!
I know. She always gets that ‘left behind’ moodlet when you go to work, even though Nana is still home.
Katsuo: She’s a daddy’s girl, that’s all.

Nana: The twins are sleeping, the garden is tended, so it’s back to painting for me! I want to get good enough to make a gorgeous portrait of my dear Katsuo.
That’s so sweet, Nana. I’m sorry you have to paint in your free time instead of pursuing your aspiration. But hopefully you’ll reach level 8 painting soon!
Nana: It’s all right. I don’t mind, really.

Hana: Wheeeee! I’m flying!
Katsuo: You sure are, baby girl! Flying real high!
Kiku: And I’m alone. Again. What’s with this? Why isn’t mom helping me?
Well, your mom’s taking a little break to paint. She’ll be here to help you soon!
Kiku: I’m always alone!
That isn’t true! Don’t lie to the readers! Nana is always helping you, I just forgot to take pictures of it…

Katsuo: And, career maxed! Heck yeah, I did it! Now I get to quit my job to take care of the twins, right?
Well…no, actually. I’m a little scared that the really nice easel might re-lock if you quit the painter career, so I want you to stay in it a little longer, just until we can buy some more. I want to have 8 total, just to be safe.
Katsuo: What? I thought…
I’m sorry, Katsuo. I’m sure it won’t be long!

Nana: And I’m about to give birth, again! Rika, you barely took any pictures of my pregnancy this time!
Sorry, Nana! Taking care of the twins is so hectic, I’m barely remembering to take pictures at all!
Nana: Well, I suppose that’s fair. Katsuo and I haven’t slept in a week, trying to keep up with the twins. We just keep rallying the troops…
Yep, and now we’re about to do it again, and the twins aren’t even close to their birthday’s. At least we’re getting all the toddler time out of the way all at once!
Nana: Don’t say it like that! These are the precious days, when we get to spend time with them. Once they grow up, they won’t have time for us anymore.
Eh, true. Let’s get this show on the road! Go have your baby!

Nana: And here’s little Rei! Another daughter, that should make you happy, right, Rika? Oh, she’s so beautiful!
Yes, she’s precious! This is fan–

Katsuo: And here’s our other little girl, Mari! Isn’t she adorable?
Twins?! You had twins again, Nana?! But you didn’t listen to kids radio at all! Oh my god, how am I going to keep up with four toddlers!
Katsuo: It’ll all be okay. We’re just doubly blessed!
-groans- Four top notch toddlers…how am I going to do that?

Hana: -hiccups and sobs- But I don’t want a sibling!

And with the birth of the second set of twins, we’ll call an end to this installment! Little Hana is so cute in that last picture, I almost can’t stand it.
But I am seriously petrified of trying to keep up with four toddlers. I aged up Hana and Kiku as soon as I got the second birthday notification–the real birthday one, not the ‘it’s almost their birthday one’–but I’m going to wait for Rei and Mari to age up on their own, to prolong their toddler days as long as possible! Hopefully Hana and Kiku are done skilling by then…

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: The Yoshida Legacy - Chapter 1.9: Wait, how many kids?! (3/9)
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 11:16:45 PM »
Lol! I laughed a bit too much at poor little Kiku's lack of favortism XD.Yikes, twins again!? That'll make things interesting XD (and by interesting, I mean the insanity will be at a while new level). Love that shor of Katsuo and Hana!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2018, 01:45:10 AM »
Great idea to paint a portrait of Bella's ghost! How did it come out?
Congrats to Katsuo on maxing his career! Woooo, now the legacy house has those deluxe easels!

Two sets of twins for your first generation is a tough break, but the parents/you seem to be handling it just fine. :)
Kiku, don't be sad! You have the coolest hair!

Girl, you are playing on Hard mode! You don't even hire a nanny! lol

Offline rika1431

• Townie
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2018, 11:12:40 PM »
@Shewolf13 I knooooow, Kiku really suffers for attention in the beginning here. I didn't realize it until I'd written quite a few posts...And omg, four toddlers at once was CRAZY. It taught me a lot about handling toddlers though!

@oshizu I got so lucky that she actually showed up, and by the easel too! I'm not playing this right now while I get caught up on posts, but I loaded the file real quick to nab a shot of the portrait for you :) And omg, a nanny? I didn't even think about hiring a nanny! I might have to do that in the future...or a butler!

1.10: These Kids Are Skilling

Nana: And then the building went BOOM!
Hana: -internally- I hate raw carrots. I hate eating salad every day. Why do I have to eat salad everyday?
Nana: Are you listening, Hana? This is a very important part!
Hana: Yes, mama, I’m listening!

Katsuo: With all the time the twins are taking up, we can’t forget the important mission to find that ufo plant!
-sigh- I was really hoping to have the garden started before the kids were born. 
Katsuo: I’m sorry, Rika, but we should have it soon!

Kiku: Mama, I really appreciate you spending time with me even though I’ve already maxed imagination.
Nana: Oh, darling, I hope you don’t think I’m only spending time with you for your skilling!
Kiku: I hear Rika saying ‘go, bar, go’ when we’re doing things together.
Nana: Rika’s just really dedicated to your development! She wants you to be a top notch toddler so that you can skill faster when you grow up. Your father and I weren’t watched sims as children or teens, so we didn’t have any reward traits like that to help us, and she doesn’t want things to be as hard on you as it was for us.
Kiku: Oh, I guess that is nice. I didn’t think about it like that.
Yeah! I’m just looking out for you Kiku. The other side of that, is that if we don’t have enough readers vote for the heir, we’re going to use the merit system to choose. That means you’ll have to compete to get your aspiration done as quickly as possible as a teen–the child with the most complete aspiration wins. If there’s a tie, then it comes down to who has the most maxed skills. So, on the off chance we have to rely on the merit system and you tie with one of your sisters, you want to have the most maxed skills!
Kiku: Oh! You’re right! I’d better get on maxing my movement!

Nana: Here we go! You’re flying!
Kiku: And leveling movement!

And Hana maxes the potty skill!
Hana: Do you mind? This is kind of private.
Geez, you take after your father.

Back to painting! Get that skill to level 8!
Nana: But I want to tuck in my kids! And watch them!
They’re sleeping! They don’t need you right now. 
Nana: Well I’m tired.
You know what that means…Katsuo, get over here!

Katsuo: Booyah, rally the troops!
Nana: -groans- I just want to sleep in a bed for once.
Hey, remember when you said you’d work hard to make this legacy happen? This is a part of it!
Nana: You’re right. And I meant that. I’m sorry.

Hana: Daddy, I’m tired. I don’t want to fly anymore!
Katsuo: -gives second wind- Sorry honey, but we have to keep playing!
Kiku, did you put your plate down to play with blocks again? You’re starving, you need to eat!
Kiku: But I have to level my movement, it’s taking forever! I don’t want to get left behind!
…oh, Kiku, honey.

Kiku: Look, I maxed potty!
Good job! You’re doing so good, Kiku!
Kiku: Thanks, Rika!

Kiku: And then Mr. Dinosaur went rawr and I was like ‘excuse you, Mr. Dinosaur, but that’s not very nice.’
Katsuo: Ohhh, and then what happened?
Kiku: Well, then Mr. Dinosaur charged me!
She really is adorable.

Nana: Wheeeeee, watch you go, Hana!
Hana: Woohoo!
Nana: -internally- She’s getting really heavy! My back wasn’t made for this.
Movement has to be the hardest skill to level. Rei and Mari are going to max that skill first, so that I don’t feel so desperate at the end.

Katsuo: And this is a car.
Kiku: Car! Yes, I see!
And Kiku maxes communication! Well done, Kiku!
Kiku: Yay!
Nana: Oh, Rika! Rei and Mari are growing up! Why didn’t you tell me you got their birthday notifications?
Uh, no reason. I certainly wasn’t trying to give Hana and Kiku more skilling time with you two…Time for makeovers!

Nana: And then the bunny ran as fast as he could down the lane…
Here are the new twins! That’s Mari on the left with her hair up in a bun, and Rei on the right in the yellow shirt. 

I seem to have a thing for ending on birthdays, don’t I? Well, it’s time for this post to wrap up! Let me know what you think in the comments below!