Author Topic: This Thing Called Life *Canceled*  (Read 6741 times)

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
This Thing Called Life *Canceled*
« on: January 13, 2017, 01:34:51 AM »
Hey guys! Finished a story and started one all in one day! If toddlers hadn't been added to the game today I probably would've waited a bit but I am so excited to play around with them! You guys may actually get a few updates tonight! My original idea for a new story was to base something off of the TV show 'The Fosters' but the more I thought about it the more I realized playing with six or more sims and creating their own separate lives would stress me out. So I changed my mind and came up with this idea. I hope you like it!

Samantha Wilburn

Nathan Wilburn

Chapter 1: Meet the Wilburn's

"I cannot believe this is happening!" I squealed.

"Believe it baby, this is happening." Nathan said.

I squealed again as we reached the top of the stairs. Nathan pulled out the key from his pocket and unlocked the door to our first ever apartment together. Our first place. Apartment 3B would be where we began our life as Mr. and Mrs. Wilburn. He opened up the door and we walked in. The first thing you noticed while walking in was the chalk outline of what looked like where a dead body was. I gasped and covered my mouth.

"Nate." I said.

"We- um. Well, we can just put a rug over that." He said scratching his head.

I bit my lip as we headed for the kitchen. There were pipes outside of the wall that were quite the eye sore and the cabinets and fridge looked like they had been passed down through five generations and hardly cleaned. I tried to keep the smile on my face as Nathan turned around and flashed me a smile.

"Babe, don't worry we can remodel everything when we have the money." He said kissing my forehead.

I bit my lip and nodded as we continued the tour.

"Bathroom is kind of small." I said.

We continued to what would be the extra room or maybe a study, it was an okay size. There were no windows but I'm sure we could find a way to make the room more inviting and bright. We continued to what would be our room and I actually loved it! It had two big windows that overlooked the city.

"Wow. This view! Baby look!" I said.

Nathan came behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and chin on my shoulder.

"So Mrs. Wilburn, what do you think of our new place?" He asked.

"With a little work I believe that I could love it." I told him.

He smiled and kissed my cheek.

So after about a month we were finally all settled in and had the place decorated. First thing we did was find a rug to cover that awful chalk outline. We knew going in that this place would be a fixer upper, but that was still the last thing I expected to find. It began to feel like this place was really ours. I knew that we wouldn't be here forever, and that when we decided to expand our family that we would have to move out when we had multiple kids. That was going to be a while down the road though, we needed to get established in our new jobs! I was going to be in the Social Media field, it didn't bring in a lot of money but I really liked blogging about things. Nathan took a job as a Tech. Guru, it paid better and he was good at computer stuff.

The only bad thing about Nathan's job was that he could get called in whenever. Our first night he was called in at 5 A.M. because his boss needed him to go fix his personal computer. It was aggravating but I understood. I found it hard to sleep without him with me so most of those early mornings I spent with my coffee and the computer doing some work.

I heard sounds from the kitchen that day so I walked out of the office.

"Babe?" I asked.

"Hey princess." He smiled.

"What are you doing home?" I asked.

"I get a lunch break today since I went in early this morning."

"Taking a lunch break in your pajamas?" I asked.

"I spilled something on my pants and shirt earlier, they are in the dryer."

"Ah okay."

"Excuse me ma'am, I was wondering if you'd do me the honor of marrying me tonight?"

I turned around fully prepared to turn who ever this person as down when I realized that it was Nathan.

"Nate?"

"Will you marry me?"

"We already are married silly goose."

"Marry me again." He smiled.

I looked around. We were standing at a romantic festival here in the city. Under the alter with rose pedals on the ground and flowers placed all over. I smiled and looked into his bright blue eyes, I bit my lip and nodded. So there we stood in front of complete strangers and renewed our vows. It was romantic and sweet and just like Nathan to come up with this idea.

"I love you."

"I love you more." He smiled.

"Hey sexy." He said as I walked up to the drink fountain.

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

(Please ignore the red stripes on his face... I'm not sure what happened there >.<)

"Oh look babe! One of those love gurus!" I shrieked.

He groaned, "Honey those are fake."

"Please?!"

"How about you go and find me after."

"Okay." I sulked.

Thankfully he had nothing but good news to tell me. Our future together showed nothing of bright things, there was one troubling thing in our near future but we would come out just fine in the end. It was an interesting experience even if it was fake like Nathan had said. Nathan bought me a snow globe from the shop area and we set off a few fireworks along with other couples. We saw someone propose to his girlfriend, it was kind of awkward when she turned him down though. Overall it was a wonderful night, I hoped they would have another one these soon.

"Aw man I'm tired." Nathan said as we walked into the apartment.

"Me too."

We headed into the room and changed into our pajamas. I took my hair down and crawled into bed next to Nate, I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes. As long as he was by my side through this thing called life, everything would be perfect.

So what do you guys think? Good or bad start? I am SO excited to be able to play around with toddlers! They look adorable!!! Also this topic will be locked for the time being!
My Stories:
Figuring It Out / Something to Hide *Complete*
-----
It's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going.
And when it's dark out, no one's around, it keeps glowing. <3

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
Re: This Thing Called Life
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 03:04:36 PM »
I like it Ally.  It's a nice introduction.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it develops.  Since I still don't have Sims 4, I get my fix from reading forum stories.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 06:09:30 PM »
I like the start, too, although now that I know about the toddlers, I might spend less time reading and more time playing.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 02:01:01 AM »
Chapter 2: Hero of the... Rats?

"AH!"

Nathan came running into the kitchen.

"What?!" He said.

"Get it!" I screamed as I stood on the chair in the kitchen.

"Get what?!"

I pointed to the ground and covered my mouth.

"The rat! Get the rat Nate!"

"Whoa! That's a big one!"

I watched as Nate struggled to catch the rat. He found the hole it crawled out of and placed a trap down.

"There, the rat is all gone." He said walking over to me.

"My hero!" I screamed dramatically as I leaped into his arms.

"Yes my damsel in distress! I have swooped in to save the day!" He laughed setting on my feet gently.

I smiled and gave him a small kiss, however that was ruined by the loud... noises coming from next door.

"Again?! How many more times can they do it?!" I shrieked.

"I'll go this time." Nate said.

"Can you please keep it down?! We've asked you several times now!" Nate told them.

"I'm sorry."

He walked back into the apartment and closed the door.

"They said they are sorry... again."

I laughed and shook my head. This living in an apartment thing was going to take some getting used too. Between the loud noises, the busted pipes, and the rat I was getting a little sick of all the problems. But we would have to save up for quite a while to get a new apartment. As it stood with both of our jobs right now we were barely able to make rent on time.

"Babe there is a new episode of Cooking Master on in about ten minutes." I said to Nate.

"Really?" He asked walking in from the kitchen.

"Yeah!"

He sat down on the couch and stretched his arms out and faked yawning.

I looked at him and laughed.

"What?!" He asked, his arm now around me.

"Are we in junior high?"

"Oh come on, do you know how many girls that-"

I looked at him.

"Right, not something to brag about." He laughed.

"You're cute." I told him.

"Well you are pretty cute yourself Mrs. Wilburn."

The next thing we knew the walls began to shake with the music playing next stairs.

"Oh dear lord." I groaned.

"That's it!"

"Yes?" The girl asked.

"Okay. I've tried ignoring it and I've tried being patient. But this loud noises coming from your apartment at all hours of the day and especially at night is getting old really fast. So either you stop it, or I get the landlord involved."

"And if he doesn't do anything?" She huffed.

"Then I will get the cops involved and then get whoever else involved to get you kicked out of here so we are able to enjoy two seconds without interruptions." Nate screamed.

"Jesus, okay fine."

"AHHH!" I shrieked.

"NATE!"

I was taking a nice hot shower when all of a sudden the water went freezing cold and the power shut off.

"NATE THE WAT-"

"I know honey... I'll call the landlord again." He said.

I got dressed into my pajamas and walked into the office. On the way in I noticed the landlord in the kitchen working on the electrical box and the pipes. Nathan was in the office and he was fuming.

"I don't understand why it's one thing after the other! He told us that it was a fixer upper, not a constant breaking... upper."

"I know, it's getting annoying. But we have to make what we have work for now."

It was getting pretty annoying though. It was one thing after the other and everything was piling up with no signs of stopping. Thankfully we had each other to lean on when we needed too.

I hated when Nathan had to work overtime. Nathan was the better cook between the two of us so he did most of the cooking. I for one knew how to make mac and cheese and that was pretty much the only dish I knew how to make. Even when I made it though I still messed it up. Thankfully Nathan was not home because he would have laughed at me.

I finished eating my mac and cheese and made a plate for Nathan for when he came home. I'm sure he will want to spruce it up a bit but at least he'd have something to eat. I didn't have to wait long because an hour later he was home. I smiled and walked into the living room and sat down next to him.

"Hey babe, how was your day?" I asked.

"It was okay, how was yours?"

"Pretty good, there is some mac and cheese in the fridge for you to spruce up."

"Nope, I like my girls mac and cheese."

I smiled.

"You have the next two days off correct?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Sweet, I'll work from home and we can spend some time together."

"I would love to spend time with you my darling." He smiled.

Kind of a short chapter, but I am exhausted. Today has been a horrible Friday the 13th, definitely felt unlucky! I am glad that you guys enjoyed the first chapter! =D
My Stories:
-----

Offline Peaches

• Llama Wrangler
  • Pizza is life.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 07:35:55 AM »
Your sims are absolutely gorgeous! Also, loving this story! I like how it's not all sparkles and rainbows, and shows the slightly more negative parts of life - cold showers, ouch!
Looking forward to reading more! x

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 07:41:26 PM »
Chapter 3: Secrets

"Nate, this weekend is the Spice Festival at the park. Did you want to go?"

"I can't babe, I picked up some extra shifts this weekend." He told me.

I sulked.

"What are you sulking about?"

"How do you know I'm sulking?" I asked.

"You think I need to be in the same room with you to know that you are sulking?" He said from the other room.

"Fine, I'm sulking."

"We need the money babe."

"I know."

Rent went up about a hundred bucks. The landlord claimed it was because of all the times that we had to call him. That excuse was ridiculous because he is the landlord and should fix the issues free of charge. So because of that we barely made rent this month and we were struggling to pay the bills while keeping food on the table. But we were doing okay so far. So now when things broke, which was very frequent, we chose to learn how to fix them ourselves.

I stood in the living room.

"Babe? What are you doing?" Nate asked.

He was sitting on the couch looking at me funny as I stood in the middle of the room just looking at the walls.

"The walls are just so... plain."

"They are a little bit yeah." He said.

"We need pictures."

"I can try to make that happen."

"No, I think I'm going to learn how to paint. It'd be cheaper and would also give me something to do while you are at work."

"That's a great idea babe." He smiled.

So the next day I started to read books on painting, I went on websites, and read blogs. I got back from the arts and crafts store and began my painting adventure right away. Nathan surprised me with a easel and some more paint colors.

For my first attempt at painting, I think it turned out pretty well!

Nathan's POV

I came home from work like I always did, but today was different. I could almost feel the difference before opening the apartment door. When I did open the door I could see the living room a mess. I could see that there was several puddles of water on the kitchen floor and the power was out again. All this was manageable and fixable. What really got my attention was the sobbing sounds coming from the office. I put my things down quickly and stepped over the mess on the floor until I walked into the office. Sam was sitting at the computer crying into her hands. It broke my heart into small pieces.

"Babe?"

When she heard my voice she started to cry harder. I walked over to her and pulled the chair from the desk and knelt down in front of her.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"What isn't wrong?!" She cried.

I pulled her into my arms and she broke into my arms. Her entire body shook as I held her tightly against my chest.

"Shhhh." I soothed.

What most people don't know about Sam is something she struggles with a lot. What people don't know about Sam is that she struggles with depression and anxiety. She is on medication for it and it helps, but there are often days where that isn't enough. This seemed to be one of those days. I knew nothing of depression when we started dating, it has been something I've had to work at because I needed to be able to help her in whichever way she needed me too.

"Everything keeps breaking! The sink! The electrical box! There are rats and roaches! Everything is just piling up and I can't breathe!" She sobbed.

"Baby it's okay. I understand but I'm here for you."

"I just need it to stop."

"Did you take your medication this morning."

The look on her face, I keep forgetting she hated that question.

"Yes Nathan. I took my medicine just like a good little girl." She hissed.

Within the second that question left my mouth she was out of my arms and walking away from me.

"Sam! I'm sorry. I know you hate that question."

She stopped.

I pulled her to me and kissed her cheek softly.

We stood there in each others arms until she calmed down.

"You know I love you, right?"

"I love you too." She whispered.

"We're in this together babe. We can make this work."

I smiled and hugged him again.

This will probably be the first of hopefully two chapters I get out tonight! =]
My Stories:
-----

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 09:23:38 PM »
Chapter 4: Wasn't Expecting That

Sam's POV

"Nathan!"

I ran into the kitchen.

"Welcome home!"

"Nate!"

"What?!"

"I got a promotion at work!" I squealed.

"What?! Oh my god congratulations baby!" He said picking me up and spinning me around.

I giggled as he gently sat me on the floor again.

"I'm so proud of you baby." He said.

"Thank you."

"For a celebration I will make you a special dinner!"

He disappeared into the kitchen.

"Put a movie on!" He called.

I hurried into the room and changed into my pajamas before plopping onto the couch. I flipped through the TV guide before stumbling on a chick flick. Nathan walked back in with two plates before handing me mine.

"Yes! My favorite!" I cheered.

"Just for you." He smiled.

I looked at my plate. There was a peanut butter and jelly sandwich cut in half diagonally. It was my favorite meal ever as weird as that sounded.

"So I took one of your paintings to work like you wanted me too." Nathan said.

"Yeah? What did the guys think?"

"Um, well. One of them actually bought it for his wife!"

Nathan pulled out some cash and showed me how much.

"Shut up!" I said standing up.

I hugged him and took the money.

"Wow! This will help so much!" I said.

I was so excited about people liking my painting that I hurried into the office to begin the next one.

"How is the masterpiece coming?" Nate asked.

"Good, it's a simple one but I like it."

"Hmmm, can I buy this one?"

"With what money Mr. Wilburn?"

The next thing I knew I was lifted off the ground and over his shoulder. I screamed and laughed at the same time as he carried me to the room and slammed the door.

A Few Weeks Later

I listened as Nathan told me about his day as he cooked dinner. I was in the bathroom with the door closed but I could still hear him through the door. I answered with the generic 'yeah' and 'that's great sweetie' because right now I was using the bathroom wall to keep me standing. My hands shook as my chest tightened and breathing became difficult. How could this happen? What was going to happen now?

"Babe?"

"Coming!" I said, my voice shaking.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the bathroom gripping something into my hand. I walked into the kitchen where Nathan stood in front of the stove with a hand towel over his shoulder. He was humming along as he stirred the noddles for the spaghetti.

"Oh! Hi, didn't see you there." He said smiling at me.

I gave a small fake smile.

"Umm, babe?" I asked.

"What's up?"

I walked a little closer to him biting my bottom lip. My palms were sweaty and I was still shaking as I lifted my arm slowly and handed him the thing that I was holding.

"Babe, I'm pregnant." I said, tears coming to my eyes.

He picked up the pregnancy test and looked at it. The silence was killing me. This wasn't planned at all, and as horrible as it sounded it was the worst possible time. We lived in a small and broken apartment and were barely making rent as is. Tears fell from my eyes as I watched Nate's face.

"Well. Um."

"I know." I whispered.

"Ready or not, we'll make it work."

I covered my face with my hands.

"Baby come here." He said pulling me into a hug.

I cried into his chest. I felt horrible, I should be happy and excited and instead I was terrified and stressed. I wanted to start a family with him but I wanted to do so when we were more stable.

"It'll be okay. I promise you that we will be okay."

I wanted to believe him, but I didn't feel that way right now. Not at all.

Bum bum bum...
My Stories:
-----

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 03:27:49 PM »
Chapter 5: Superman

"You say that you're alright when tears are in your eyes.
We're strong enough for this and I need you,
It's okay that you need me.
So put your armor on the ground tonight.
Cause everyone's got to come down sometimes,
You don't have to be Superman." -Superman, Rachel Platten (song)

"Crackers?" Nate asked.

I closed my eyes and nodded, I grabbed the the stack of crackers and laid on the couch. I took deep breaths and tried to calm down my stomach. Nathan sat on the floor by my head and brushed my hair back from my face. I have been back and forth to the bathroom at least five times this morning. Nathan was great, he has been there by my side and holding my hair back each time. We were both exhausted, I was more tired then he was but he had been up extremely early with me.

"I'm going to make you some tea." He said.

"No caffeine." I mumbled.

"Sure thing baby."

I watched as he walked into the kitchen. I opened up the crackers and began to snack on them. We were both warming up to the idea of having a baby which was our only option because ready or not he or she would be here before we knew it. Nathan insisted that I quit my job for the time being. I didn't want too because of the obvious reasons of we needed money but he didn't want the extra stress on me. Which meant over time and extra hours for him and less time seeing him. It was hard but we had to do what we had to do.

"I have a bump!" I told Nate one day.

"Aww you do, look at that!" He beamed.

He walked over and placed his hand on my stomach and gave me a kiss.

"This is really happening." I said.

"It is." He smiled.

That moment was the first time I felt happy about all of this.

"We'll be okay?" I asked.

"We always are."

I nodded.

Just because I had quit my job didn't mean that I had to give up on improving my social media skills. I fully planned on going back to work once the baby was old enough. I hoped that this would count towards it, they seemed to like me there so they may let me start back where I left off.

I heard the front door slam, so hard that the walls shook. My eyes went wide and I got up and walked into the living room. Nathan stood there and he was absolutely fuming.

"Babe what's wrong?" I asked hurrying over to him.

"The denied my request for a raise! They specifically said that the chances of me getting a promotion was higher then anyone! Then they turn around and give it to some punk kid who has barely stopped using a pacifier!" He yelled.

"I'm sorry." I said.

I walked over to him and hugged him.

"I'm just trying to give you and our baby the life you deserve and every time I'm try it just blows up in my face."

"It's fine, as long as long as we are here together."

"I know, I just- I know you are struggling and I'm unloading my stress on you and-"

"Stop, okay? You are allowed to come to me with anything, let me carry the stress for a while. You don't have to be Superman."

I could see the hurt in his eyes as I pulled him into a hug and let him fall apart in my arms.

A Few Months Later

Things have gotten a lot better with us. We have been able to make the rent easily and Nathan ended up getting a raise and a promotion which paid more. We were slowly starting to save up for the baby and almost had enough for the bassinet. Until the day Nathan came home almost in tears, but this time they were happy tears. Before I knew it movers came into the apartment with boxes after boxes of things. My eyes went wide as I noticed a bassinet, a bookshelf, and several other items for babies.

"Nathan what is all this?!" I gasped.

"My co-workers at work chipped in and bought us all the things we needed! I am still speechless!" He said.

"What?! They just bought us all this stuff?! You haven't been there that long!"

"I know! Most of them are parents themselves and know how hard it is. Especially in a run down apartment and only one paycheck coming in."

I covered my mouth and let the tears fall.

"We're going to make it baby." He said.

He pulled me into a hug as the movers finished up. We gave them a good tip and started to figure out where we were going to put all of this stuff.

"Well there is the office." Nathan said as we sat on the couch.

"But I need the computer and the desk space."

"We can put the dresser into storage, and move the desk into our room."

"Where are our clothes going to go?"

"We can get something to put them in that won't take up so much room."

After going back and forth we finally were able to rearrange the apartment so that things fit and made sense. Nathan of course did most of the heavy lifting because of the baby. While he did that I took my turn in fixing the shower that kept breaking.

And soon enough it was time for another belly picture.

Time was going so fast and I couldn't wait to meet this little baby. Nathan was hoping for a girl, but I really wanted a boy. No matter what though we would be happy with whatever we got as long as it was healthy. I couldn't wait to start our little family. I just hoped the next big thing in our life was moving out of the apartment into either a better and bigger one or into a house.

"Babe I made you a salad!"

"Okay!"

I walked into the kitchen and took the bowl from him before he headed into the office to finish moving things. All I had wanted to eat lately were salads, and I was thankful because I was able to actually keep that down.

It was a good thing I knew how to make salads, because most of the time when Nathan got home he barely made it from the front door to the bed without falling over. I felt so bad for him but I'm thankful for everything he has done for us.

"Look at how big you are getting!" Nathan beamed.

"I know!"

Before we knew it I got bigger and I honestly didn't know how I was going to get any bigger without exploding. These back aches were the worst! I couldn't wait until they were a thing of the past.

We didn't have to wait much longer because when I was getting a salad I felt a sharp pain followed by a gush of water.

"Nathan!" I screamed.

He came running in the kitchen.

"What?!"

"It's time." I said.

He began to panic and not know what to do. But he calmed down and managed to calm me down through the pain. After hours and hours of painful contractions it was finally time for the moment of truth.

We were having a boy or a girl?

Welcome....

Lucas Wilburn!

He was so little and sweet.

I couldn't wait to see what else was in store of my little family.

Welcome Lucas! Hopefully not too fast paced! Let me know what you guys think! =]
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2017, 04:31:10 PM »
Welcome Lucas.  I can't wait to see how the new toddler EP works out.  Magz does happy dance.   ;D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 12:56:17 AM »
Chapter 6: Moving On

I shuffled into the nursery at three in the morning, two hours after the last time Lucas woke up. I yawned and flipped the light as a tired Nathan followed.

"Oh my god!" I gasped.

Let's just say it was one of those poop catastrophes. It was everywhere. I looked at Nathan horrified not even knowing where to begin. Lucas continued to scream and kick his legs, which made the poop smear more. I quickly picked him up and held him away from me.

"What do we do?!" I gasped.

"Sink! Let's go to the sink!"

I held my breath as I carried my poop covered screaming baby to the bathroom sink. Nathan undid his pajamas and we managed to get them off of him and straight into the garbage. I finished bathing him while Nathan got the lovely job of cleaning out the bassinet.

"Oh Lucas, how can all this come out of you!" I gaped.

He looked up at me and giggled.

"Don't you laugh at this mister." I said smiling.

I finished bathing him and carried him back to the nursery. Nathan was just putting clean sheets in the bassinet as I walked in. I handed him to Nathan who also had a bottle ready to go. I yawned as I leaned against the wall.

"Why don't you go back to bed, I have him from here."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course."

I nodded and headed back to bed.

"Good morning little one, it's nice to see you poop free." I cooed.

He smiled and kicked his legs as I picked him up.

Nathan was back at work now so it was just Lucas and I. It was a little scary not having my partner in crime here with me but I knew I could handle it. He slept a lot of the time anyway.

"I love you so much." I whispered.

He just looked up at me. I wondered what was running around in that little brain of his. I wondered what he'd grow up to be and what he'd like. My heart was so full of love that it was crazy to think that I was scared to have him. I couldn't imagine life without him now and frankly I didn't want too.

Seeing Nathan hold him was amazing. Such a small baby in those big and strong arms. I loved watching Nathan hold him and take care of him though. Who knew a tough guy could be such a softie?

"That's it!" I screamed.

I threw the front door open and pounded on the next door neighbors door.

"Excuse me!!!" I screamed until someone finally came out.

"Yes?"

"I really don't understand why it's such a hard concept to grasp, but can you please keep it down?! Some of us have a fussy baby who can't fall asleep because some people feel like blaring music all the time!" I screamed.

"And don't even bother apologizing because I know I'll just be out here in another hour to pound on your door again." I snapped.

I walked back into the apartment and into the nursery, Nathan was feeding Lucas.

"What did they say?" He asked.

"I didn't give them a chance to explain. I'm sick of it. I could deal with it when it was just us but now it's not. We have baby Lucas now and he needs his sleep."

A Few Weeks Later

Everything was getting better. Lucas was now sleeping through the nights and the neighbors have seemed to calm down. Now if we could just get this bug and rat problem fixed, it seemed like it was every other day. I picked up the trash bag and tied it up. I took a peak into the nursery where a sleeping Lucas laid in his crib. I smiled and headed down the hall to the trash shoot. I tossed the bag down it when all of a sudden the fire alarm went off. My heart sank as I whipped around. Flames were coming from my apartment, the apartment I was just in two seconds ago.

Lucas.

"What's going on?!" My neighbor asked.

"Oh my god!" I gasped as I took off running.

"No! What are you doing?!" My neighbor shrieked as she stopped me.

"Let me go!" I screamed.

"We have to call the fire department!"

"I have to go back! My baby is in there!" I screamed.

"No, stay out here." She said grabbing on to me.

Protective mode snapped on and I shoved her against the wall and took off running for the apartment. I could hear Lucas screaming but the flames were blocking me.

"LUCAS!" I screamed.

Everything happened so fast but before I knew it, I was the one on fire. I didn't see her but my neighbor was now inside as well and was putting out the fire.

I managed to get to the shower and walked away with a small burn on my leg. I ran into the nursery and grabbed Lucas and held him tightly. I calmed him down and tried to calm myself down at the same time. I called Nathan and told him to get home as soon as he could. I put Lucas back in his bassinet and walked out into the living room to see what the damage was. The TV and stand were destroyed along with my easel, the coffee table and rug were gone as well.

"Everything should be covered by your insurance." My neighbor said.

"Thank you so much, I owe everything to you. You saved my baby and myself and I can never repay you." I told her.

"No big deal, I should've known to not try to stand between mama bear and her cub." She giggled.

"SAM?!" Nathan screamed.

He ran into the apartment and frantically searched for me, when he found me he pulled me into his arms and held on tightly. My neighbor politely excused herself to let us have a moment.

"I saw cop cars, ambulances, and a fire truck here and it scared the crap out of me! What happened?! Is Lucas okay?! Are you okay?!" He asked.

"We're fine. The apartment caught on fire and we were able to stop it. I walked away with a small burn on my leg and Lucas is completely fine." I told him.

"What started it?"

"I think that incense caught something on the table on fire. The last time I'll have one of those around." I told him.

"I am so glad that you both are okay." He said.

"Me too."

Before we knew it baby Lucas wasn't a baby anymore! Toddler years were here and boy was he a cutie pie! I'd have to beat the girls off of him in no time!

"Nathan." I walked in the living room.

"What?"

"The stupid roaches are back! Nathan what are we going to do! Lucas is walking now, what if he eats one?!"

Nathan sighed, "Well, we only have one choice."

So the next month we were out of there. We got a loan from the bank and we found a nicer apartment that wasn't a fixer upper. Hopefully this one also had quieter neighbors. I was extremely happy that we could afford the monthly payments as well. It was a nice apartment. It was a perfect size for our little family.

I stood in the doorway and listened as Nathan read Luke a book in his new big boy bed. I smiled as I saw his eyes slowly close and eventually fell asleep. Nathan quietly stood up and put the book away before coming over to me and kissing my forehead. Everything was going to be okay.

I'm probably going to turn the aging off and keep Luke a toddler for a bit. I haven't been able to mess around with toddlers much yet and I am so excited to do that! I'm also excited and glad that I can show them off to those who don't have the game yet!! =D
My Stories:
-----

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 07:05:40 AM »
Oh Lucas is so super cute!  I would be turning the aging off too.   ;D

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
3. The Lady of the Lake

Offline chetanhaobijam

• Chet for short
  • Immortal
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 12:44:29 AM »
Great story. The fire part was scary. Glad both of them are okay. And their new appartment looks very nice. Lucas is a cutie toddler :). Love his close-up pic. Looking forward for next update.
Chetan's Designs(my Sims3 Creations)

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »
I just love the way you write, I can feel the love between Sam and Nate.. looking forward to the next update.

Offline Ally3772

• Immortal
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2017, 09:51:50 PM »
Chapter 7: Challenges of Being a Mother

I loved being a mother, but Lucas as a toddler was... challenging. I couldn't even tell you the last time Nathan and I have been in the same room together alone. It was stressful to say the least but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Nathan was busy at work right now so a lot of the time it was just Lucas and I at the apartment. This apartment was so much better then the last one. We haven't had a single rat or any electrical issue. The only issue so far was the trash disposal in the hallway kept getting jammed, but that was because the neighbors kept putting too much trash in there all at once.

Potty training Lucas was a breeze. I don't know what all those parents on this forum I'm on are talking about. He didn't fight it and knew what to do almost immediately. Bath time was a little more challenging because he liked to splash. I never made it through an entire bath completely dry. The floor also suffered with several puddles of water by the end of it.

"Babe?"

I turned around and there stood Nathan, home early from work.

"Hey! Why are you home so early?" I asked.

"They told me to go home to my family a little sooner." He smiled.

"I've missed you."

"Come here."

I closed my eyes as he kissed my forehead.

"I wish you could be home more." I whispered.

"I know babe."

I rested my head against his shoulder.

"Where is the boy? We've been alone for a few minutes."

"He put himself down for a nap."

"He must be tired if he put himself to sleep without one of us." He giggled.

"He's been a little terror today." I told him.

"Lucas no!"

He looked at me before smashing his hands in his peas and pushing the bowl one the floor.

"Lucas." I groaned.

I walked over and cleaned the peas up, I set the bowl in the sink before getting himself something else to eat. I put the bowl of applesauce on the high chair.

"Please eat this and not play with your food."

I was running on four hours of sleep and it was catching up to me. I was extremely tired, mentally and physically.

Before I knew it the applesauce was on the floor.

"Lucas, I love you but you are just-"

I stopped myself and walked over to the high chair and let him loose while I cleaned up another mess on the floor. Thankfully it was bed time before I knew it. I loved my child, but I looked forward to bed time because bed time meant mommy time.

"Baby it's time for bed." I told Lucas.

I dressed him in his pajamas and gave him a goodnight hug before tucking him into bed. He looked up at me with his green eyes and gave me a small smile.

"Goodnight baby."

"You're never home! I feel like I'm raising him alone Nathan!" I screamed.

"You aren't raising him alone! I am here!"

"Yeah you're here now but then you leave and you're gone for hours and hours."

"What does that mean? You think I'm cheating?!"

"Of course not! But this job is just- I miss you all the time!"

"Look, I'll cut back on hours, tell them I need to be home more. I'll work from home if possible, hell I'll even find a job that isn't so demanding! Baby please, we can do this!"

"I don't want to make you do that."

"Well then what do you want me to do then Sam?!"

"I don't know, I just need you here more!"

"Then cutting down on hours it is, and I can pick up a few extra hours and work from home."

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course." Nathan said.

He hugged me.

"I'm sorry for getting crazy."

"You aren't crazy."

We spent the rest of the night watching movies and hanging out. The next morning he went to work with every intention of talking to his boss about cutting back on his hours. Money wasn't as tight as we thought it was going to be and we were paying rent on time with ease. Worst case scenario I will go back to work part time. But for now, I was too busy enjoying being a wife and a mother of one tired little toddler.

And I honestly wouldn't trade it for the world.

Kind of a blah chapter, but I have been getting back into playing Sims, took a little break from it. Thanks for all the views and I am glad that you guys are enjoying it!!! =D
My Stories:
-----