Author Topic: I am working on Festival time guide list*updated*  (Read 5720 times)

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
I am working on Festival time guide list*updated*
« on: December 11, 2016, 02:58:52 PM »
I wanted to let you know that I am working on festival time list and am almost done if you want to use it this is my first time at least creating a part of the guide if your interested in using it all I really want is credit for the festival list.  I just got a couple more festivals to go it will say what day and time of the festival.  I would love to help out other sim players.  This will be city living.  The time of the festivals are scheduled, but the reason why the developers said they are random, is because It depends on which day of the week you start city living in.  If interested I will upload it when I am finished I just got a few more festivals.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: I am working on Festival time guide list
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:22:38 PM »
Wow, yes please! I am sometimes a little lost sorting through the xml, and some of these things are very time consuming to test, something I just have not yet been able to do. I have a list of festival foods yet to publish along with some other things too, I could combine that information into one document and will certainly give you credit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 12:33:28 AM »
I used Microsoft Word to put the Festivals down there is a certain pattern now that I got it down on paper, the festivals are pretty common with 2 per week like the Dev said.  I am almost done with it.  I want to wait until the festival I started with to make sure the pattern holds, so that way I don't give out miss information.

edited to correct spelling: Microsoft Word not World.

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:45:48 PM »
I used Microsoft Word to put the Festivals down there is a certain pattern now that I got it down on paper, the festivals are pretty common with 2 per week like the Dev said.  I am almost done with it.  I want to wait until the festival I started with to make sure the pattern holds, so that way I don't give out miss information.

edited to correct spelling: Microsoft Word not World.

Carl I am done, I just have to run through the game to make sure my first festival I started with appears this Saturday.

This is jus the list of the Festival from when I started recording them with the time lot and emotions, what festival starts first depends on what week you are in the particular save.  Like for me when I got City Living the first festival that started was the Humor and Hijinks Festival, but it could be any festival the first week depending on if your week is old or even.  I don't know what weeks are old and even or what festivals are assigned to old and even weeks, but it should go in this order.

All festivals have an emotion, except for the Flea Market.

I need to know how you want me to give it to you?

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 09:49:44 AM »
Here is the Festival time list, I finally finished and completed it.  I will also attach the original in a zip file as some formatting has been lost.

Festival Time Day of the Week and Emotion Benefit
Romance Festival Location: Planet Honey Pop Time: 5:00pm to 1:00am  Emotions: Flirty
Sunday   Monday   Tuesday   Wednesday   Thursday   Friday   Saturday

Humor and Hijinks Festival Location: Casbah Gallery Time: 5:00pm to 11:00pm  Emotions: Playful

Spice Festival Location: Waterside Warble: 5:00pm to 1:00am  Emotions: Inspired

Flea Market Location: Waterside Warble Time: 10:00am to 6:00pm  Emotions: None

GeekCon Festival Location: Planet Honey Pop Time: 10:00am to 4:00pm  Emotions: Logic

Note:  Some Festivals require you to drink tea or use social to receive the emotions, others just require you to be near the festival.
This was provided by Sid1701d9

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: I am working on Festival time guide list*updated*
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 04:45:34 AM »
Ok! I've spent a bit to make sure I understand this though I could be wrong. Now, if I understand correctly... If I started on week 1, Sunday, I'd get the following festivals with the total number of times each festival had run as:

H&H (Mon) 1
Spice (Sat) 1
------------
Flea (Sun) 1
Geek (Tue) 1
-----------
Rom (Sat) 1
H&H (Mon) 2
-------------
Spice (Sat) 2
Flea (Sun) 2
-----------
Geek (Tue) 2
Rom (Sat) 2
-----------
H&H (Mon) 3
Spice (Sat) 3
-----------
Flea (Sun) 3
Geek (Tue) 3
------------
Rom (Sat) 3

or if starting in an  even-numbered week on Sunday:

Spice (Mon) 1
Flea (Sun) 1
----------
Geek (Tue) 1
Rom (Sat) 1
----------
H&H (Mon)  1
Spice (Sat) 2
--------
Flea (Sun) 2
Geek (Tue) 2
------------
Rom (Sat) 2
H&H (Mon) 2
-------------
Spice (Sat) 3
Flea (Sun) 3
-----------
Geek (Tue) 3
Rom (Sat) 3
--------

And so on.... it ends up falling into this pattern where H&H is always a Monday and Spice is always a Saturday regardless if your first Spice was a Mon or Sat.

I may have this massively wrong! It seems like it's roughly 2x per week. I need to explain this to readers who may be confused by the table so I'm making sure that I have it right.

Thanks a lot for all your time on this @Sid1701d9 I know it took a good deal of it!

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2016, 11:11:19 AM »
Actually its really pretty simple its just old and even week, but that is the order they go in, I have no idea what festival is week 1, 2, 3 or 4.  The festival starts the closest day to whenever you start your game, or install City Living.  With me since I was playing an old save it started with the Humor and Hijinks festival because that was the closest day in that save.  To someone else they could start with the Flea Market, but the order and time is still the same.

Edit the Festivals will always be on the same day and time and place no matter were you start in the festival line up depends on the closest festival to your save file.

For example if you start with the Romance festival on Saturday  Humor and Hijinks Festival will be the coming Monday, followed by Spice festival next Monday, Flea Market that Sunday and GeekCon Tuesday and than back to the Romance Festival on Saturday.

Romance festival will always come before Humor and Hijinks Festival and Spice Festival will always come the day before the Flea market and Flea Market will always come before GeekCon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2016, 12:19:19 PM »
@Sid1701d9 and @Carl

What incredibly helpful information and I love the way it's laid out, with all the days of the week written out.
I would love to see this on a Carl's Guide--I almost clicked the link to download your file, Sid, but I already play with 3 other files always open, so....

Thanks to you both!

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2016, 12:56:02 PM »
I started a new save game to see which festival came up first.  Humor and Hijinks Festival is the first Festival from a new Game.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2016, 02:21:27 PM »
I started a new save game to see which festival came up first.  Humor and Hijinks Festival is the first Festival from a new Game.
In new games, maybe the reason is that Sims move into their new homes on Sundays, and TS4 is set up to skip just that first Sunday flea market.

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2016, 04:01:59 PM »
Yeah, but if you think there is order in the festival why would the flea market come after the romance festival in one save and another save the flea market comes after the spice festivals.  All I think I got is the time the festival are at with a basic pattern and that's about it.  Your get the Humor and Hijinks festival and the second festival is either the romance festival or the spice festival than flea market geek con and whatever you didn't get before.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2016, 06:33:46 PM »
I just now did some testing of my own - thank you Sid1701d9. I did give you credit for helping me to figure it out, as before this we did not even know if they were guaranteed to be the same days.

In my testing I managed to find 2 different patterns, I was just fast forwarding on ultra speed (with a mod) to see about the spice festival as you had it underlined a couple of times, and I needed pics of the festival popups. I noticed mine was different, but thankfully the days were the same and the pattern repeated. I did get your pattern, too! I had to clear my cache to get a 2nd pattern to come up.

I put it up on the guide here. Again thanks for the time and bringing this up and providing data I could work with. I need to expand on the spice thing with data oshizu provided, and provide some tips for all of them but I'm very busy away from the computer right now. I had a few hours straight to work and would not have got to publish anything if you hadn't have helped by making that go faster. Cheers!

Offline Sid1701d9

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2016, 07:57:59 PM »
@Carl , Yeah I just noticed I forgot to remove the underline, as I used the first festival as a template for the rest so they would have the same format.  It definitely saves a lot of time, but I am glad you found it and caught my mistake.