Author Topic: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved!  (Read 8949 times)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue --- Solved!
« on: November 22, 2016, 04:19:36 PM »
I switched back to TS4 for now today (I’ll play TS3 later today :).)

Anyway, in TS4, my Sims are repeatedly dropping queue --- even when I’ve hit the start gathering on their programming work homework.  I want them to do their work homework, but they keep doing other things that are also best done when focused --- such as woodworking, the telescope and the microscope. 

I have CL, but my main suburban family’s lot does not have lot traits, so it’s not due to the homey trait.  My CL main family is in a separate game.

So, why are they still dropping queue?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: TS4 Sims Repeatedly Dropping Queue
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 04:51:53 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a regular/current bug. As I'm not finding anything current. But some tips you can try are:

1. Deleting game cache files and the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=21899.msg401662#msg401662

2. Turn of autonomy for your Sims in your game options.

3. Don’t queue interactions that trigger multi tasking right after each other.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 07:33:32 PM »
Thanks a lot, @MrsFlynn.  I will try your suggestions :).

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 04:05:15 AM »
I've seen a few posts around the boards lately about sims ignoring queue actions to do something else. Such as going to the woodworking table, but not actually completing something there. I think this could POSSIBLY be a bug, but not enough is known yet about what causes it and when it happens for it to be declarable <is that a word? :D > yet.

I've personally not run into this bug myself, the closest I got was having my sims obsessively want to go use the telescope when they could have done alot of other things, but they never dropped que actions to do it so I can't be much help with this one.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 02:17:33 PM »
Thanks, @Rangervegas ---  My Sim did finish her woodworking ---- an elephant and then, a guitar 8).  I'll see what happens the next time I go into my game.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »
@MrsFlynn --- I turned off autonomy in my game.  The children went to bed, as I directed them to, but none of the adults will do any kind of action that I ask --- mutitasking actions or otherwise.  I also deleted my Sims' woodworking table (they're all level 10 handiness, so they don't need it, anyway.  I'm going to check my other suburban family in my other game, as well as my city family, which is in a third game.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2016, 05:21:33 PM »
I just went into another one of my TS4 games.  It only has one playable family of 4, whereas, my Sullivan family's game is full of their friends and large family. 

Could the number of playable Sims in a game be contributing to or causing the Sims' dropping their queue's because my game with just one playable family of 4 did not drop their queues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rangervegas

• Townie
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:43 PM »
I just went into another one of my TS4 games.  It only has one playable family of 4, whereas, my Sullivan family's game is full of their friends and large family. 

Could the number of playable Sims in a game be contributing to or causing the Sims' dropping their queue's because my game with just one playable family of 4 did not drop their queues.

I'm going to say PROBABLY not, but with Sims 4 anything goes sometimes. :D The culling threshold is only supposed to take effect to actually remove sims from the world you are playing in. It shouldent be affecting your sims actions. I've seen the cull limit mentioned as being anywhere from 120 to 210 depending on where you read, but i've also seen some patch notes that imply it's not a specific hard limit, that the game tries to determine several factors about how well your game is running when first deciding if it needs to start culling sims, and then it goes on to looking for ones that really don't relate to anyone in any of your played households and so on.

So in answer to your question, I don't THINK it should. But then again i'm still trying to figure out how a custom hairstyle in the mods folder can break someones game so go figure. LOL

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2016, 11:04:00 PM »
Thanks @Rangervegas.  I was trying to think what else could be causing Sims to drop their queue, and the number of Sims in a played household was all I could think of.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2016, 12:49:05 AM »
Sometimes if you queue up a lot of actions for your sims to do they will drop one which then has a domino effect in that all the other queued up actions will drop as well. This is because the way sim will multitask and complete autonomous socials etc.

Maybe try just directing your sim to do one thing? Sorry if you are already doing this by the way, it was really the only other thing I could think of.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2016, 12:56:30 AM »
Sometimes if you queue up a lot of actions for your sims to do they will drop one which then has a domino effect in that all the other queued up actions will drop as well. This is because the way sim will multitask and complete autonomous socials etc.

Maybe try just directing your sim to do one thing? Sorry if you are already doing this by the way, it was really the only other thing I could think of.
Thanks.  That's O.K., Play.  I wanted them to sit and do their programming, and that's it.  However, I just put do programming in their queue --- not sit, in addition.  Therefore, I don't think it counts as multitasking --- like in TS3 (which I just started to play about 3 days ago) where sitting is a separate action in their queue all the time --- not just if you direct them to sit in TS4.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
I guess you could lock the door on them once they are in the room with the computer, that way the only thing they should do is programming.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 04:11:19 PM »
I'll lock the door :P (4 doors) because there is a computer lab bathroom and a chess and card room at the far end of the computer lab, as well as the back door.  It's a long skinny room.  I'll let you know if they do their programming.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 05:16:33 PM »
@Playalot --- I turned autonomy off for a few minutes.  Some of my Sims went to the computer lab, but some walked out because I hadn't locked the doors yet --- by the way 7 of 8 of them are focused or very focused, and I shift clicked the mailbox when I noticed that their needs were low --- especially their fun need.  Even then, they didn't feel like doing their programming.

However, the Sim below (Moira Sullivan), is standing next to "her" computer --- the 3rd one from the left that she's standing next to.  I asked her to do her programming, but she canceled the action, and I don't know why.  She won't do anything else on her computer, either.  When I asked her to start a social media profile, she said she couldn't get to her computer --- even though, she's right next to it.

Moria next to her computer.

Then, the child in the pink pajamas (Maureen Sullivan said she can't get to the computer to go on Simpedia before school --- even though she's in the room with the computer.  Autonomy off for now. (There's a kids computer room with 2 computers, which is separate from the main computer lab.  The kids computer room has a door to their bedroom, the living room and the main computer lab, so I don't know why Maureen said she can't get to the computer.)

Then, Candice Sullivan (the child in the purple pajamas said she can't get from the living room to the kids computer room by going through the door, which connects them --- to go on Simpedia, as well.

Finally, I had Maureen join Candice to sit on the couch in the living room, and she was able to walk from the kids computer lab, which is directly connected to the living room by a door.

I also just found the putty because of this screenshot 8).

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 05:22:16 PM »
Chances are there are too many slots on the computer table occupied and so the sims maybe can not use the computer. Try removing some of the decorations etc. If you have used MOO to decorate it can cause all sorts of routing issues.  :)

anything