Author Topic: Making money Live Streaming?  (Read 103980 times)

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
Making money Live Streaming?
« on: September 09, 2014, 01:51:51 PM »
Is there any way to increase the money made while Live Streaming? My sim is at lvl 10 Video Gaming and yet only makes 1-2 simoleons every few minutes.

Also, is there any way to guarantee wins in Video Game Tournaments?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Making money Live Streaming?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
For my Sim, livestreaming profits him 40-60ish simoleons at the same frequency he got 1-2's at the start. I'm not quite sure which of the following triggered it , though, as they all developed together: Videogaming skill, Videogaming career level, Charisma skill, and time spent playing the videogame.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 06:51:57 PM »
Yea my sim is lvl 10 gaming, top of the ProGamer branch and has a max Charisma skill. I have no clue what it is, but I'm only getting 1-2 still. What games are you streaming? Maybe that has something to do with it?

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 07:59:47 PM »
He's playing the last game you unlock, Hillock II.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2014, 07:39:01 PM »
I don't know why, but I'm still only making 3, 4 & 5 simoleons every time it pops up. I'm playing Hillock II. My Video Gaming is level 10 as is my Charisma. Are you researching gaming strategies before you play? Are you focused? Any and all details would be greatly appreciated. This is frustrating.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 08:18:43 PM »
You basically have to stream and gain more viewers. The more viewers you have, the higher your donations get. My Sim has 150,000 viewers and gets about $10 a pop now. I read that once you hit a million viewers you make tons of money.

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 08:22:54 PM »
Dear lord thats an insane amount of viewers. I can't imagine how long it takes to get that many. Is there anything that increases viewer count faster?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jillz

• Origin ID: Charzof
  • Townie
  • Knitter. Gamer. Geek.
    • The New Adventures of Priska
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 08:32:30 PM »
Not that I've found or tested. My Sim has the steel bladder/never weary traits from the Aspiration rewards and she basically live streams and does game tournaments if she's not working. She's also an Elder and a few days away from death. She's just a spouse in a Generational game so I didn't focus too much on her either.

Offline Silversmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:51 AM »
It seems to me that you gain more viewers if you compete in tournaments before you stream. Winning tournaments helps a lot, my sim went from having 30000-ish followers to almost 700000 in a few days. She only gets around 30-70 simoleons per donation at the moment, but I'm assuming I'll get her to around a million viewers soon and then we'll see. I don't know if it's a factor, but she's usually very focused when gaming/streaming and has maxed videogaming, programming and the tech guru career (Champion Gamer).

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2014, 02:57:48 PM »
30-70 simoleons???? That's 6-14 times more than I get right now with around 80,000 viewers. What game are you playing? I am also max gaming, programming and top of the tech guru career.

Offline Silversmith

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2014, 06:18:59 AM »
She always plays MySims Go! after autonomously choosing it for herself. I realize the newer games might earn her more money (I actually haven't tested this, though...), but I figured a pro-gamer would stick to one game and become the best at that.  ;) She's now at 797,213 fans and the donations are slowly but surely increasing. Her life is quite boring. Get up, eat, shower, enter tournament, livestream, browse simpedia, work, eat, tournament, livestream, sleep. Poor sim.

I also forgot to mention she has the webmaster trait, but I don't think that matters much.

But when you lose a tournament, the notification mentions that "with a little more practice" you can win, so maybe specializing in one game isn't so bad after all? I'll have to do more testing... You got me all curious now! 

Offline Chris41279

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 01:55:38 PM »
More Testing FTW!! :)

Offline Bambii33000

• Nooboo
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 06:12:53 PM »
My sim has 1,200,000+ Followers and 76,000 fans and he only makes 5, 6, 7 each donation. Charisma 10, Champion Gamer too. Idk what's wrong either

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2017, 10:38:50 AM »
Hi, I'm reviving this thread because I've just started making my Sim, live stream her games, (I know, I can't believe it's taken me this long!), and I'm really confused about something and I think I've hit a bug or something.

Before doing the live stream, my Sim had about 2,400 to 2,800 followers, somewhere between there, after she was done, I got a pop up message saying she had gained 0 followers and now has around 5,400 followers in total.

Um ... what? That makes no sense at all, how on earth could her total amount of followers jump up when the game said, she gained none. I'm utterly bamboozled here ...  ???

Can someone help me make sense of this? Is the message glitched or something? *Scratches head in confusion*

She's at level five of gaming btw and had just won third place in a novice tournament before doing this, she was very focused at the start of the live stream but it wore off after a while.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2017, 07:21:22 PM »
@coolsim9999999  don't you play a lot of streaming/geeky sims? Sorry I can't help you rainbow dash as I hate having geeky computer playing sims! lol  There doesn't seem to be any official bug reports that matches your issue, so I'm hoping it was just some sort of one time glitch! If you haven't done it recently it would be worth deleting the localthumbcahce.package file from your The Sims 4 folder anyway.

Similar-ish Bug Report link but it doesn't really help as it has no real info or solutions.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything