Author Topic: New Store World: Aurora Skies  (Read 76553 times)

Offline smartburn

• Occult
Re: New Store World: Aurora Skies
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
The bright colors are a bit much, but the scenery is beautiful. I definitely get an Arctic vibe out of this, which I love. It also reminds me a little of Hidden Springs which I would also love were it not for the fact that my laptop hates it when I try to play there. If/when I get this world, I'd be tempted to reinstall Hidden Springs just to get the community lots and perhaps swap out a few of them. There's a lot of potential here and I'll be keeping an eye out for future info. 

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2013, 02:37:30 AM »
I am utterly speechless! I just can't wait for this! Good thing I've got lots of money tucked away that I don't need to use for at least three/four months so it can just go towards buying Simpoints for this.
I actually really like the brightly coloured buildings. Appeals to my cute, childish nature :P

** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DanBrunetu

• The Law Man
  • Townie
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2013, 03:58:04 AM »
I'm not speechless. The town and buildings arhitecture is lame. Also it seems a small world.  Luckily the landscaping is nice and will compensate what I mentioned above.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2013, 04:33:21 AM »
This world doesn't really appeal to me, other than the northern lights and waterfalls. I'm not really into bright things and can make houses the shapes of boxes myself. I would much rather be able to make my square houses, but have pre-made world houses that aren't square. Also, as some people have pointed out, the world looks quite small. I'm debating whether I should waste my hard worked for money on this. Especially since due to my 10 hour school day I haven't played Sims in a week.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
I feel like the world adds a new view to the game and we can now live in a more Scandinavian themed world, something we haven't seen before. It would be really nice if there wre new outfits to go with the theme as well.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline NearlyWitches

• Professional Procrastinator
  • Occult
  • Geronimo.
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
The Scandinavian element to the world is brilliant, as is the scenery. The buildings do really bother me, it's a good thing I love building because it's not the colours that are the problem, it's just all the buildings are essentially blocks with roofs. But still it's nothing a trip to edit town can't fix! :P
Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 09:27:22 PM »
I'm going through my usual reaction to a new store world:

1. It looks nice, but I don't really need another world.

2. It's really pretty -- I'll wait until it goes on sale.

3. Oooh -- must have now!

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JudesSims

• Sim Addict - and Proud of It!
  • Watcher
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2013, 09:36:34 PM »
My thoughts exactly, Marian!

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2013, 09:40:57 PM »
SimGuruSmitty let it slip that this world with have five (5) empty 64 x 64 lots.  Let's hope they're actually empty lots and not small parks!

A preview of the new world is now the background of the main website too.  It gives a nice view of a low flying air balloon. 

Click to make picture larger

Also - someone shared some actual picture of Iceland which seems to be the inspiration for this town.  So remember when you say you don't like the way it looks - it looks just like where someone could live.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 10:38:41 PM »
I've been reading through that particular thread myself, and the pics of the houses definitely explains the bright colors. I kind of wish the siding of the houses in the town had the colors and not quite as many of the roofs, or at least not so clustered together in one location, but it's a minor quibble, now that I see what the producers were trying to achieve. 

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2013, 11:20:37 PM »
Aurora Skies looks lovely, especially with the Northern Lights, but I think I'll have to buy Monte Vista first because--well, it's Italy. Enough said.

I'm really looking forward to have larger pre-built houses, since usually the in-game houses are really tiny, even the "big" ones!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Gogowars329

• Watcher
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2013, 12:30:00 AM »
A new blog has been posted (here) about this new world.

Just announced yesterday is the all-new digital world, The Sims 3 Aurora Skies. Here you will discover breathtakingly beautiful sites set in a quaint, coastal town that features the very best of outdoor living.

Sims that live here can take a soothing swim in the steaming geothermal lake.

Hike up to the edges of towering waterfalls and take in the astounding views of Aurora Skies – or swim to the base of the waterfall to revitalize mind, body and spirit through the pureness of this setting.

Additionally, Sims looking for a romantic evening can take a night stroll under the dome of the vibrant, multi-colored sky.

Lastly, Sims will settle in nicely with the diversity of new-aged and  and historic homes, featuring the best of eco-friendly living.

The Sims 3 Aurora Skies is the ultimate getaway for Sims searching for a change of pace, searching for the great outdoors or searching for themselves.
For those that have The Sims 3 Seasons installed, check out what The Sims 3 Aurora Skies looks like in winter!

The Sims 3 Aurora Skies will be available for digital download from The Sims 3 Store on February 21, 2013! For more information on Aurora Skies, and to join the discussion -- click here!

If you would like to see more of this beautiful new world, save the date for The Sims 3 Live Broadcast on Thursday, February 14 at 10:00 AM PST. We’ll be revealing a sneak peek of the world during the show and also featuring an extended bonus demo of Aurora Skies afterwards, so be sure to stay tuned.
Gogowars Inc - The place to find all of my wonderful Sims 3 creations

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2013, 08:44:26 AM »
Ehh...Looks pretty average. The problem I have with store worlds is that while their beautiful, they aren't that interesting. Especially the sims there.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2013, 09:16:23 AM »
It is not exactly screaming buy me. Maybe it is just me but there isn't anything about it that really stands out as being different to any other world. Yes it is pretty but I have pretty worlds. I would like to see something a little different post appocalypse world maybe..something different.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Beezy

• Watcher
  • Corey :)
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2013, 05:04:07 PM »
It is not exactly screaming buy me. Maybe it is just me but there isn't anything about it that really stands out as being different to any other world. Yes it is pretty but I have pretty worlds. I would like to see something a little different post appocalypse world maybe..something different.

Rachel

A post-apocalyspe world...That's an amazing idea!