Author Topic: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cricket (1/19)  (Read 48060 times)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cricket (1/19)
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:23:23 AM »
Let's do this thing.

The Life States

Founder: Cadmium Rust, again
Life State: Human
Traits: Loner, Star Quality, Kleptomaniac, Great Kisser, Eccentric
LTW: Mastermind Thief
Best Friend: Chauncey Grimm (fairy)
Career Rewards: Athletic Certificate, Golden Fox
BlackOps: Frequent Fatigue, The Complete Circuit, Jog Everywhere
LTRs: Discount Diner, Motive Mobile, Eye Candy, Fast Metabolism
Wishes: Master Athletic Skill (7,500), Marry Pappy (5,000), Work Out For 12 Hours Straight (6,000), Master Martial Arts (5,000), Meditate For 48 Hours (10,000)
Skill Challenges: Marathon Runner, Fitness Nut, Bodybuilder, Timber Terminator, Master of Meditation, Sim Fu King
Mausoleum Items: 7 Heart-Cut Gems from the Board Breaker

Generation Two: Cricket Rust
Life State: Werewolf
Traits: Light Sleeper, Easily Impressed, Perceptive, Star Quality, Rebellious
LTW: Pervasive Private Eye
Child Reqs: Honor Roll, Ballet Op
Teen Reqs: Honor Roll, Level Three Mausoleum Clerk, Romantic Interest (Ellis...something)
Best Friend: Nicholas Steed (Fairy)
Career Rewards: Frosted Door, Caseboard, Trophy, Logic Certificate
BlackOps: Bye Bye Flamingo, Hacked!, The Mysterious Footsore Floater
LTRs: Alpha Wolf, Inappropriate But in a Good Way, Complimentary Entertainment, Moodlet Manager
Wishes: Marry Branch (5,000), Master Piano Skill (5,000), Earn 5,000 in Piano Tips (5,000), Master Logic Skill (7,500), Discover All Potions (5,000)
Skill Challenges: Teacher Extraordinaire, Chess Grandmaster, Master Chemist, Money Maker, Master Pianist, Metal Collector
Mausoleum Items: 7 Potions from the Chemistry Set

Generation Three: C. Rust
Life State: Fairy
Traits: Hydrophobic, ?

Edited January 10th for extra information and to remove excess boldface.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cadmium
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:25:51 AM »

Well, well, well, it seems that I'm not in the mindset to be the silent, backing force of an immortal dynasty. So while Journeyman retires in Appaloosa Plains (for now), I'm off to Moonlight Falls for a special project with one special young lady.

Meet Cadmium Rust.

"Oh, this deal?"

Yes, Ms. Rust, you get a watcher. You're now single and living in Moonlight Falls while on a special mission.

"Does this mean I get to live out my dreams?"

To some extent, Caddy.

"I'm sold!"

You now have your dream job. You always wanted to continue your thieving ways, right?

"Why of course."

Now you get to do it professionally.

It will require a lot of this, though. It's not all of the deal, I have something else in store.

"Why am I boarding the taxi?"

You have to meet a Wolff.

"Which one? Thornton? DeAndre? I want DeAndre's fame, fortune, and nice car, but Thornton's sideburns and also nice car. Which one do I get?"

Um, he shares a last name with Thornton.

"I can't wait to meet him and his sideburns!"

"Yikes, Thornton sure let this place go."

Cadmium, I never said it was Thornton. It's not Thornton. They just share a last name because Simnation has an obsession with last names relating to wolves.

"So no nice car?"

Nope.

"Does he have sideburns?"

Not a chance.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 03:16:56 AM »
Heehee I like where this is going!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:32:44 PM »
Heehee I like where this is going!

Thanks!

---

This is Pappy Wolff. Say hi to him, Caddy.

"This is ridiculous. He has to be at least 80, his mouth is weird, and he's dirt poor. There is no way I'm getting involved with this guy. You're out of your mind."

No, I want to avoid cliched spouses for you. Do you want to be another one of the girls who marries the neighborhood Chris Steel proxy?

"Thin lips seems like an improvement here. And marriage? There's no way-"

Cadmium, I have my reasons for picking Pappy. Stop complaining, he's within an earshot of us.

Oh, and this happened. You always wanted a dog, right? He even magically gets a haircut! He'll be perfect for you.

"You know, like an actual dog. There is no way I'm gonna have fun with this."

Never hold doubts about these things.

"Heh."

So nice for a first day. Since you're established, I'll let you take over for a bit, Caddy. Work out, do well in your job, and hopefully land some sort of romance with Pappy while I'm gone. Seems good?

"Any better werewolves in town?"

She'll warm up to him.

Offline Katluvr

• Crazy Cat Lady - Origin ID: Katluvr23
  • Watcher
  • The shortest distance between two people is a hug.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:39:38 PM »
Awesome start!  I bet Pappy was a looker in his younger days...nothing a little potion or elixir couldn't fix right up. 

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:15:08 PM »
I've aged him down before in a previous, just-for-fun file. His mouth is rather strange in its unaltered state, but the rest of him looks just fine. But his mouth, that was just too much for me to tolerate. Hopefully it's not too much of a spoiler for me to say that he had an appointment at the hospital for that mouth.

Maybe he can be young again in this dynasty. He still has a lot of logic to study beforehand (level six right now), but I need a young again potion for Cadmium once she's finished with her requirements. Nothing says that Pappy can't make two or a dozen.

Yeah, second update within the hour. I played a lot yesterday.

---

"I'm an adult!"

So you are. What have you done within these past three weeks?

"Hasn't it been 15 years?"

I'm in a time warp. Just tell me your progress.

"Well, I tried that whole romance thing with Pappy. But there wasn't even a full moon that night!"

It's a known problem.

"I also used the treadmill more, just like you wanted. And I indulged in my other favorite hobby. Wait, weren't you controlling Pappy for years now?"

Indeed I was. What do you have to say, Pappy?

"I can be human again!"

It's the benefit of being under a watcher. I can't fix the rest of your family, so I hope they like being werewolves. Now that you're part of the household, I have work to do on you.

Like the wonders of medical technology!

"I will hear none of it!"

Pappy, admit it. Your mouth is something nightmares are made of. I will not have that blasted perma-smile infecting any of the Rusts.

See, much better. (I'll admit, I did a little more than adjust his mouth. His eyes were scaled down by a bit and his jaw was reshaped. I think he still looks like Pappy.)

"But, now I can only smile when I'm doing an action that involves smiling."

You'll get used to it. Back to Cadmium.

"So I went to China for a day and learned martial arts, and got the equipment."

In your heels? You're not the insane one in your house.

"I also learned the wonders of meditation."

In your intimates? Stay classy, Cadmium. Um, wonderful, wonderful. Anything else to report?

"I came around to marrying Pappy. 5,000 points!"

I knew you would. Keep up the good work.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cadmium (10/8)
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2012, 02:22:06 PM »

Enjoying a healthy marriage?

"Friendly sparring is a great part of a balanced marriage."

Looks like I forgot to show off the new house. I decided to make Pappy's werewolf state useful. Queueing up hunting sprees and buying a gem cut machine meant that they was able to get 200,000 in a couple of weeks, all thanks to Pappy. And to think that Cadmium almost wrote him off as dirt-poor.

A change of jobs? I love the firefighter profession.

"Not this time, watcher."

Looks like Pappy is enjoying his new chemistry set. In his werewolf form. It's not hunting but those sleep elixirs won't make themselves.

These were just too cute to pass up. Pappy got an op to tutor his grandson, Waylon. D'aww. (The Wolff family is a little aging glitched, and by a little, I mean they're not aging at all. All of them are stuck in their werewolf forms too, which explains everything. This was taken four or five weeks into the game. I'm on week 11 now, and his grandkids still haven't aged. Oh well.)

Wait, work-out soundtracks on vinyl?

"I'm married to a technophobe and I have to use my resources."

"It's been that long already?"

I'm getting Pappy to fix that as soon as possible. Now you can feel his pain.

"Will I ever get my old hair back?"

When I get around to it. Time's running out for you.

"Hey, at least we can still spar."

These two enjoy traditional couple activities. Like meditation.

Jules MacDuff, she's a married woman! And no creeping her out yet, she needs a witchy best friend. (He tried this at least five times. Creep.)

After Cadmium befriended Jules, all she had left to do was reach level ten of her career and purchase her last LTR. She could pretty much do that all in one night because completing the criminal career would give her 44,000 points. Perfect! For once, I never forgot anything. Right?

Oh.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
Oh no! I guess those Young Again potions didn't come quite soon enough! I hope you have a plan!
Also, the Wolffs don't age in my Moonlight Falls either. It's pretty weird.

By samoht04

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 05:11:55 PM »
I have a plan, don't worry. It worked splendidly (I play ahead of updates). I was actually keeping Pappy alive with tattoos, but I was too busy scrambling to complete Cadmium's requirements that I failed to notice that Pappy was past 90 days and in need of new ink. He was extremely close to maxing out logic and making young again potions too.

Anyways, tiny but important update.

---

"Don't leave me."

Pappy missed his scheduled tattooing. Oops.

"I'll have everything else done tonight though, right?"

I hope. Jules MacDuff just passed away. Don't worry Caddy, I have just the witch for you.

Meet Harw-Malcolm. Every dynasty of mine needs a helping hand from an old guy with emo hair and eyeliner, no matter where I am. Story progression made him a witch, and he used to be Caddy's boss. She finished her career and purchased a moodlet manager right beforehand, and becoming best friends with Malcolm was quite easy.

One life state down.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

Re: The Rust Life States Dynasty: Cadmium (10/9)
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »

"Three wolves, in honor of Pappy."

It seems like you actually care about him.

"I lived with him for most of my adult life. It's hard to let go."

I'll try to get him back. Be patient, Caddy.

"I renounce my ways of thievery!"

There's a Vaguester in the parking lot.

"Oh."

Bond with your step-daughter-in-law while we wait. You'll have a long time to bond with your aging-glitched family.

Though there are some changes going on in your life. You'll like them, for sure.

I didn't want her to lose faith in my ability to bring Pappy back.

There's always a way in Moonlight Falls.

Always.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 11:21:27 AM »
Wow, so now he's a ghost werewolf? That should be interesting!

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
Ooh, it's a different style of writing, but I think I like it. =3
The whole glitched aging thing is something to do with the fact that after the first full moon werewolf NPCs don't change back to their human state again, and that glitches the aging somehow.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 10:16:54 PM »
Ooh, it's a different style of writing, but I think I like it. =3

The whole glitched aging thing is something to do with the fact that after the first full moon werewolf NPCs don't change back to their human state again, and that glitches the aging somehow.

Thanks! And I noticed that pretty quickly. Pappy still got wishes to throw a birthday party for Dwayne.

Wow, so now he's a ghost werewolf? That should be interesting!

I had to do what I had to do. He still kept all his werewolf powers as a ghost, which is pretty cool.

---

Cadmium, I don't want Pappy to remain a ghost for the rest of his days. I need to save ghost spouses for later. You have to do something I've never done before.

"Yeah?"

Make some ambrosia, and make a Grave jealous.

We're in the right town to make ambrosia, for sure. If you eat one of those raw, I'm sending you back to your urn.

"Blasted technology!"

Those deathfish won't fish themselves. Just learn to love the Multita-HEY WAIT A MINUTE. This is how it was advertised to me:

Including the MultiTab 6000 tablet, with multitasking capabilities so unparalleled even the most technophobic technophobe would have a hard time living with out it.

I'm calling EA out on false advertising. Sorry about that, Paps.

"At last, a deathfish!"

Vampire fish. Keep reeling.

There you go.

Meanwhile, Cadmium got a new recipe. She got to level 10 on the cooking skill almost entirely through tabcasts. Not bad.

I like where this is going.

Rusts - 1; Graves - 0. I need to relay how it tastes back to Journeyman once he stops moping over failing for the fourth time. Thoughts?

"Rather bland."

Welcome back to the mortal world, Pappy. He's been doing other things, too.

A special drink for Cadmium.

And a whole other life to live.

"I'm glad to be a hot wife again. I don't think Pappy will mind."

Indeed he won't.

That's how you treat your extended family?

"It's in my blood and you can't change it."

It turned that Pappy made plans later that night. Cadmium just thought that it would be a date out to Moonlight Point, just the two of them. Young, fit Cadmium and old Pappy.

He had a different plan, though.

Pappy lived a long life. Raising a son, watching his grandkids develop into wonderful young werewolves, finding a new lease on life with Cadmium. With all of that experienced, he wasn't too sad when it ended for the first time.

But he had the chance to live it again.

A new Pappy emerged on that date.

"I missed feeling like this. Do you think Cadmium will like it?"

No doubt she does.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 11:56:01 PM »
Updating again because I can, darn it. Plus, I'm really loving this family and they're my only active game right now.

---

"Ooh, look at the watcher. 'Sorry Caddy, you can't marry him tonight.' I bought out La Shove Beach just for that."

Technical difficulties, I guess. So you don't have a ring on your finger, boo-hoo. I remember when I first met you, and you said that there was no way you'd marry Pappy. My, how the times have changed.

"It's different. He's young and hot now."

Glad to see your priorities. How is Pappy doing, anyways?

"You're totally right, Lacuna Coil is the best dancing music."

Whatever helps, Pappy.

Yeah, this is seriously what he does all day. Blame that party animal trait. Combined with the insane trait, Pappy prefers to spend the day dancing around in whatever he feels like wearing. Hmm, Cadmium may be on to something with that whole "young and hot" thing.

Oh indeed he is a yummy hunk of a werewolf. Cadmium is a lucky girl.

Sorry about that. What news is going on for you, Caddy?

"Aww nooboo!"

It worked. Glad to see you're going to be the unmarried mother of an heir. I'm cutting to the interesting parts.

Silly labor face.

"Ahhhhh!"

"That was worth it."

Welcome to the dynasty, Clover Rust. She takes after her father.

"You can't even tell yet."

Well, she's a werewolf. HEY THERE HEIRESS. Clover's traits are artistic and virtuoso. I was hoping for an outdoorsy type, but this will do.

"Cute little nooboo. I hope the watcher takes a lot of photos of you so I can cherish the memories."

Except not. We're skipping to Clover's toddler years.

Except for this image. I love it when sims watch their nooboos in the baby swing. It's just so adorable.

Make a wish. Hopefully one for 5,000 points.

*silence*

Fine, we have time for that later.

I was right about Clover taking after her father. You're under my control, now. How does that make you feel, Clover?

*silence*

We'll have to fix that.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2012, 12:03:49 AM »
You could always start another legacy, ID or even a second life state one if you want to be busier. =P
I wish I had the time right now to play Ciaran some more to actually post the first chapter....so people can actually say nice things about it. =P
Congrats on a pretty heir the first time around~ *confetti*
Do you know what life state you're going to try for next?

anything