Author Topic: Rastelli Immortal Dynasty  (Read 44435 times)

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
Re: Rastelli Dynasty
« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2016, 07:41:52 AM »
Max is really cute! A lot of child sims look so similar, but Max clearly has the gorgeous genes  :D

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #121 on: April 03, 2016, 11:11:01 PM »
Oh my! Missed so much!  Love love love Max!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: April 03, 2016, 11:31:13 PM »
Max is going to be a gorgeous handful! hahaha.. Love how the Watcher and Alex are now on the same team and random guy walking though the house was hilarious! Looks like a librarian! Anyone else notice that most of the librarians are now sporting massive beards and bright or odd coloured hair?? Love it, keep the chapters coming!!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #123 on: April 04, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
@Nettlejuice It is a bit tempting to just leave him topless for the rest of his YA/Adulthood....
@oshizu I'll post  walk through of the house after the next chapter... be warned, it's a big house and pretty tricky to take screenshots that make sense really but I'll do my best.
@Tigerskin ikr a lot of the kiddies end up looking the same but Max does seem to have some uniqueness to his facial features so I hope that bodes well for his teens!
@Shewolf13 I did my usual and posted a lot in a row.  :) Max does this one eyebrow raise thing. I haven't noticed that before, it's super cute.
@KTK10 I agree... what is with that beard? Ewww, all I can imagine is food getting caught in it. I don't like beards in real life, they gross me out. Like stubble though. Anyhoo.. well the identity of that random man will be revealed, eventually. It's actually pretty hilarious that he has started randomly walking through the house but I'll tell all that later as I don't want to ruin the plot. :-X

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #124 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:17 AM »
Max is super cute (says everyone!) - he makes some really great expressions, too.  And a feisty personality to match.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Dee and Don's kid age up.  Is he meant to be a future pollinator?

I agree... what is with that beard? Ewww, all I can imagine is food getting caught in it. I don't like beards in real life, they gross me out. Like stubble though.

hehe... All I can think of is Luke standing there with his mouth hanging open in shock.  "But it's sophisticated!" says he. 

Actually my husband had a beard at one point.  He never had a problem with food in it, EXCEPT when he tried to eat ice cream.  It just wiped off though.  Personally, I hated the beard.  It made him incredibly cocky.  He still brings up growing another every now and then, to which I loudly protest.  I like how stubble looks on some guys.  No so much on others.  Kissing a man with stubble isn't so pleasant, I think.

As for Luke, the beard just seems right for him (even though it hides his adorable chin dimple lol)
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #125 on: April 04, 2016, 06:45:34 AM »
Chapter 17 Another Birthday

Alex: Hey! What's this? No hug for your old man?

Max: Hiya dad.
Alex: How was school son?
Max: It's ok. My teachers pretty bossy.
Alex: It's her job Max... how are you going to know what to do if she doesn't tell you eh?
Max: I guess.
Alex: K, you go find your mum and get your homework done.

Candy: Hmmm is that your neatest handwriting Maximiliano Rastelli?
Max: Awww, muuUUUum.
Candy: Don't 'MuuuUUUm' me son... if you did it right in the first place you wouldn't have to redo it now would you?
Art: Can't argue with that logic max.
Max: Bet I could.

Alex: Well little Ty, you look just like your mum.
He's pretty cute actually.
Alex: Yeah,be nice if Don would actually come around and see his son.
He probably will once he realizes that Dee doesn't actually want to marry him.
Alex: *Snort* That man is so comittment-phobic it's not funny.
Yep, I have to agree with you there. Mind you, I guess we all have our own share of problems.
Alex: Hmm.
We should go and find Jasmine today.
Alex: Grow fruit thingy?
Yeah.

Hey Brian, wanna come out with us?
Brian: Sure, this book will keep.
What you readin?
Brian: Gardening 1.1
Umm, why?
Brian: I have no idea.

Art: They're not perfect, yet, but I can make them levitate!
Jasmine: Ooo cool! Well, I certainly can use your wonderfully special grow fruit Art. Thank you.
Art: You're welcome. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have some more of that amazing fertilizer?
Jasmine: I do, and don't tell @oshizu but I've actually got a few extra for the Rastelli's tucked away.
Art: Your secret's safe with me! lol.

You guys alright for a bit? I want to go check in on Liberty. Actually, Brian you should come with me.
Brian: I'm fine thanks.
Alex: Oh rats, another log. I think I might stay here too watcher.
You are both chickens.
Brian: You forget watcher, I have already met the nooboos, and fed them and changed them... it took me so long I nearly fell asleep on the floor.
K... well, next time you're coming with me.
Marcus: Keen for a gym session in the weekend?
Alex: Yep, send us a txt and we'll meet you there Marcus.

Liberty: Nice of you to drop in watcher but I really don't have time to socialize.
Riiiight... wow. You girls sure are going to be busy!  :o Do they always all scream at once?
Liberty and Summer: YES.
K.... *slinks away*

A Little later, back home...

Are you sure you should be doing that?
Max: Yep.
It looks dangerous.
Max: It is.

Yuki: Don't wind the watcher up Max. It's perfectly fine watcher, I've gone over all the safety protocols with him.
Max: Aww spoil sport Auntie Yuki! It's much more fun when the watcher's frazzled.
I wouldn't tempt fate Max, I've heard those tables spontaneously combust.
Max: Oh man! That would be so awesome!
Right Yuki, he's all yours. I'm going to check on Ty, least he can't answer back yet.
Yuki: K watcher. Actually Max, it's nearly your bath time.
Max: Yuk, why is it girls always want to be in the bath all the time?
Yuki: Lol, I hardly think once a day is 'all the time' Max.

Art: He's so little.
I know, going to be a whole lot bigger in a few minutes.
Art They grow up so fast these days.
Don't they just. I remember a time when nooboos would grow into tod... ah well. No use repeating old memories.
Art: Showing your age watcher?
Aren't we all Art, aren't we all.

Dee: Huh..woah! So fast!
Ty: Wheeeeeeee!

Dee: Happy birthday Ty, you were so fast I didn't even get to blink my eyes!
Ty: Thanks mum, well, no point hanging around when there's things to do, right?
Dee: Sure! I guess.

Brian:.. and then I mixed in some other chemical and the test tube nearly exploded!!!
Alex: Woah! What fun!
Brian: I know, right. I forgot to take notes though so I'll have to do it all over again tomorrow 'cos I forgot which chemical made the near explosion.

Alex: I'm glad you're having fun while you're learning Max. Learning is fun and even when it gets tough, just remember that there is a break through just waiting for you on the other side.
Max: Love you dad.
Alex: Love you too son. I'll read you a story later k?

Ty: Wuut?
Max: I know, for realz.
Ty: Wow.
Max: Trouble is Auntie Yuki keeps the chemicals all locked up.

Max: I reckon we could figure out a way to get them when no one was looking.
Ty: Maybe one of us could be decoy.
Max: Yeah.... good thinking Ty.

Alex: This is pretty risky Candice. I don't want to risk getting caught after all this planning.
Candice: I have it covered. Brian thinks I have the hots for him.
Alex: So that's your excuse for being here?
Candice: Yep.
Alex: Clever. So everything's in place?
Candice: Nearly. Just need a few last details checked.
Alex: Good.

Candice: Shhh, wait!
*Both freeze*
Alex: Rats, someone's coming.

Alex: ..and your mother is a llama.
Candice: *Gasp* how dare you!
Yuki: Oh noo...

Umm, you alright Yuki?
Yuki: Not really. I just don't understand Alessandro sometimes. I mean he was full on jeering at Candice.
Well, ummm, they don't really get along very well together.
Yuki: Yes, but it's like something comes over Alex, something dark and ... horrible if I'm being frank.
He would never hurt you or anyone here.
Yuki: I know that but that just makes it all the more confusing watching him enjoying hurting others.
Don't judge him too harshly Yuki, sometimes things aren't always what they seem.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: April 04, 2016, 06:49:51 AM »
@wfgodot actually, you know... I don't even notice the beard on Luke 'cos it suits him so well! Hmm, maybe I need to rethink my sim-wide ban on beards. I wonder what Alessandro would look like with a hipster beard. Hahha.. I think not! I quite like the short beard, like Arts, I don't really think of that as a beard, more as styled stubble.  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #127 on: April 04, 2016, 06:51:23 AM »
*gasp* What are they planning? I must know immediately! I adore Max and Ty, oh the trouble those two will cause  ;)
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #128 on: April 04, 2016, 07:07:33 AM »
ROFL!  I can't stop giggling at poor Liberty and Summer and their nooboo situation... hehehe.  Well, good job, Brian.  Now I see why he didn't want to go with.  And too funny about Don keeping his distance as well.  Looks like Ty grew up to be a cutie also, guess you'll have your hands full.  I'm with Nettlejuice.  What are they up to... Quick thinking on Alex's part to start throwing insults.  Interesting that Yuki seems a little wary of him.
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #129 on: April 04, 2016, 07:39:28 AM »
@Nettlejuice sorry, you'll have to wait for a bit as this post is all about the house!
@wfgodot I was quite shocked as I hadn't looked at Brian's family tree and really hadn't read the notice that popped up as I was busy getting max ready for school. lol... Poor girls, one of them had triplets. I'll have to look again to get it sorted out but I think Summer had 3 and Libs 1.
When the household members see Alex fighting they get either a tense moodlet or a sad one. It's quite interesting how the dynamics work... either way sims really don't like conflict very much unless they are evil.

Ok... so this is the front of the lot. The family leave for work and school etc just about where the path stops. I wanted the house to match the surrounds so I tried to imagine that parts of the house are older than other bits and that the oldest parts match the age of the ruins scattered around the island.
So in my mind, there are three parts to the house. A medieval hall, a tower and a stone cottage.

Birds eye from the front.  The house has a lot of angles trying to simulate additions and renovations over the years and not all of them successful. I imagine the medieval hall house as the bit on the right that angles out towards the wedding area... and it wasn't really incorporated into the rest of the house particularly well, so the roofline doesn't match and the walls cause a few very 'awkward' angles.
I imagine the stone cottage as the single story part on the left and that this was once a completely separate building on it's own lot many many sim years ago. (Ignore the fact that it was built in one sim day... and didn't exist until Alessandro made enough cash... minor detail.)
The path at the back is where all the townies come running into the lot from, they seem to spawn right on the other side of the island every time they are invited over. It takes about 20 sim mins sometimes for them to make it on the lot if they walk, about 5-10 sim mins if they run.

Still at the front but panning around to the right. Wedding area, nearly finished but there is still a ton of landscaping everywhere that needs doing.

Moving around to the right a bit more... heading towards the back.

The back. Very bare still... a work in progress.

Coming around to the other side. This is the garden area. (Obviously lol) The double doors next to the garden seat go straight into the study where Art does his writing and there is one easel in there too.

Birds eye ground floor.

Camera nearly in the same place and birds eye second floor.

The front door. The narrow windows on the second floor is where the next screen shot is going to be looking at.

So this is the landing that is open to the ground floor, making a sort of minstrels gallery where Candy likes to come and sit and read.
You can see the fossil on the ground floor next to the front door. I haven't decorated the entrance way yet so the fossil just sits there so Max can study it before going to school.

Max's room, upstairs on the left side of the house as you look from the front.

The right side of the upstairs gallery... the "Red Room" which really is the master but Candy 'wanted' her girly pink room.  ;)

Directly under the Red Room. The ground floor, DJ room and another general sitting area where Max does his homework.

I've swung the camera around so this is looking from the left of the ground floor. You can just see Art's computer in the study on the right of the screenshot. Zesty is just about to walk into the study from the hallway. Zesty is a good friend to most of the household, he just doesn't really feature in the story.

Close up of study and then the hallway through to the 'artist area'. I keep all the emotional paintings in that hallway ready for use during parties or whatever. This is the stone cottage part of the house.

Back along towards the front door. I've dropped the walls so you can see the entrance to the basement, which is through a single door in the hallway, next to the focused room where Dee makes camping mascots 24/7.

The basement is still a gigantic mess. It's always the last to be built as I seem to run out of inspiration. I want it to keep the olde worlde sort of feel but it has to be really practical too... so I'll let it evolve slowly and keep working on it until I get it how I want it.

This is probably the only room that hasn't been in the story yet. It's Yuki's office that is connected to her science lab. Those windows look into the pool. Yuki has joined the science career, she's the only sim in the house to have a career, apart from Alex who is in the Crim career.

The other end of Yuki's office. It's also not finished yet.

I stuck that red couch in there just to give a sense of scale. That big room I'm thinking of making into the museum and continuing it around the pool. As for the other empty rooms, they are just place holders and won't stay that shape or size. And the room at the top right of the picture is the Angel Fish and Potion of Youth storage room. There is no access to that room.

This one is just to show the size and placement of everything on the lot. The telescope in the top corner is the beginnings of an observation deck... I'm trying to figure out if I can use some sort of open basement or split-level room to create the feeling of a multi-leveled deck.  I'll get around to it eventually.

Last one. I really love the world, it's really pretty.

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #130 on: April 04, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing. You're brave to use diagonal walls, I find them so difficult to work with, especially kitchen counters. The house blends well into it's environment, it's history of renovations throughout the years reminds me of stately homes I've seen in England. The pathing issues was the only reason I didn't move here but you seem to be handling it well ^-^
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline Tigerskin

• Occult
« Reply #131 on: April 04, 2016, 08:40:24 AM »
Wow @Playalot what a lovely house! Far better than the boxes I always build  ;D

Even Ty is lovely looking. My sim kids always look the same pretty much.

Beardgate: I'm with you - I'm generally anti-beard, stubbles fine. But I have to say Luke's beard has grown on me @wfgodot. Is that a pun?! Who knows.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #132 on: April 04, 2016, 08:42:29 AM »
@Playalot that house!!! I can only dream!!! Max is so cute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #133 on: April 04, 2016, 01:03:07 PM »
Gorgeous house, and what a setting! I just got caught up again -- so Candice is a double agent? Looking forward to more, more, more.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #134 on: April 04, 2016, 01:45:20 PM »
One difficulty of reading your stories is that readers respond so quickly that I'm never sure whether I'm seeing an update or a recent response to a chapter I've read already.
In this way, I've missed the last two chapters!  Arrggggh!

Art: You're welcome. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have some more of that amazing fertilizer?
Jasmine: I do, and don't tell @oshizu but I've actually got a few extra for the Rastelli's tucked away.
Lol, I knew it, I just knew it!  Darn blasted Jasmine! Hahahahaha. I'm sending a new sim to Jasmine for fertilizer to see what happens.  ;)

Thank you so much for the virtual tour of the house!
Loved hearing about all the detail and thought you put into the building of the house. What an amazing build!
And how fascinating that you've created a backstory for your house as well as for your main characters!

So much to look forward to...storywise and buildwise!