Author Topic: Building Bridges  (Read 9801 times)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Building Bridges
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:42 PM »
Building Bridges

Basic Tools needed for making bridges:

1. Foundation
          -suggestion: Love of Lattice Foundation
          -height: 2-3
2. Stairs, fences/low-walls, and railings
3. Pool Tool or Fountain Pool

Decorations:
1. Plants
2. Rocks
3. Floor and Wall Patterns for the stairs and foundation
4. Imagination - whatever takes your fancy

Easy-to-do steps

1. Place the foundation on the ground and determine the width, length.

2. Raise the height of the bridge by raising the foundation. 2-3 are good and looks the most natural. You can go higher if it is your fancy.

3. Attach stairs to both ends of the foundation. And add in the railings.

4. Place fences or low walls on the length of the foundation.

5. Check to make sure your staircase, railing, fences, and your floor-foundation are color coordinated by using the wall and floor patterns. You can also use the wall pattern to color the sides of your staircase.

6. Next is to lay down the water under the bridge. (makes me want to sing "bridge over troubled waters...")   :-[
You can use either the pool tool or the fountain tool. Depends on whether you want a shallow river or pond/lake or if you want to multi-use as a pool. Also depends on what decoration/effect you want to use.

7. Last part is the most enjoyable. Decorate your bridge. Make use of plants and rocks. Be sure to use MOO if you're like me and want to go deep into decorating.

Ctrl+Shift+C to enter cheatcodes
       Enter the following:
                  testingcheats on
                  bb.moveobjects on

Turn off the cheats once you are done. Just change type in
                  bb.moveobjects off
                  testingcheats off

You can opt out from using MOO and simply use other existing decorations made specifically for pools and fountains.

Some samples of bridges

This was done with MOO. Used fountain tool for the water. Water is knee-deep high and you can place plants on the bottom and shows halfway though. It shows a good depiction of a riverbed.

This was created using the pool tool. I prefer using this one. I want my sims to be able to swim in the water as well as making the water/lake as part of the landscaping.

This one was created without MOO and is a plain walkway over a small canal. Used fountain pool for this as it is an old build of mine before pools were available.

Have fun making bridges! :)

Offline Indira

• Occult
Re: Building Bridges
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:04:27 PM »
Additional Bridge Ideas

This is how to make a higher bridge. You can create this with or without a foundation. In my example, I have a foundation.

1. Make two  closed rooms. And add staircases for both.

2. Go up to the second floor. Make an enclosed room using either a wall tool or a fence tool. This will create a floor and will not automatically create a foundation below. Hammer the ends of the enclosed room. Don't worry, the floor will remain in place.

3. Add railing if you like. Manually add in additional fences/low-walls to attach it to the railings. Make use of floor and wall patterns to beautify it. And viola!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 01:52:17 AM »
@Indira

I'm still new at building on ts4 on the second picture with the girl in the pool did you put the bridge on the water? or just looks that way? Cause I had to put mine beside the bridge.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,25650.0.html

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 02:33:48 AM »
@XxMousiexX

The water is placed beside the bridge. This is where the Love Lattice Foundation shows its beauty. The lattice makes it "look like" there is water underneath it. Add to that the reflection of the bridge on the water, it completes the deception.

I'll try to experiment on a few more bridges and see what I can create. :) I'll alert you if I have something new.

Offline XxMousiexX

• Townie
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 06:31:13 PM »
@Indira 

Thank you for the info. I'll have to play around with building bridges and see what I can do with the info on your tutor. I've bookmark this page so when you have something new i'll check it out

Offline Indira

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 12:44:02 AM »
Bigger and longer bridges

Cheats used:

Ctrl+Shft+C  - to open cheats window
testingcheats on
bb.moveobjects on

1. Lay down your basic bridge. In this example, I used low-walls instead of the usual fence. The foundation is raised by 2. And wall pattern is 'Stone Gone Crazy'.

2.a. Go down one level and place a door called 'Arch with Keystone'. Also use the same wall pattern for the pool walls.

2.b. How the bridge looks like from above ground.

There is yet another bridge I've already made and taken a picture of. But photobucket is acting up again. Just loading these 3 pictures took quite a bit. I'll try posting it a bit later. The uploading is stuck often at 90%. It's been bugging me since last night.

-----
EDIT
-----

1. Build the walls like so, with two spaces between the pillars.

2. Place the 'Arch of Keystone' door above the space. Do it for both sides. Delete the floors in between. You'll notice the bottom edge of the second floor is still showing. To offset it, locate the exterior trim in the Frieze section and add it all around.

3. Add in all the trappings and you're set to go. :)

Offline ilovethesims

• Townie
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
This is amazing. I will try it. Thanks!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.