Author Topic: Re: Wish Me Luck, (No! Me...Uh-uh...ME!) A Fond Farewell  (Read 14028 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Fantastic twins, and now i am wondering if we see a little alien boo from Don.

Your buildings are as always marvoulous :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Wish Me Luck, (No! Me...Uh-uh...ME!)Twins! / Breaking News! Happy Holidays
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2015, 02:20:20 AM »
As you can see, many of my pictures are now missing or messed up.  For some reason Mediafire decided to delete some of my files, despite my having a terrabyte of storage and not at any request of mine.  In trying to fix this I totaled my computer.  I have lost all my files.  All my thousands of screenies that were going to be new chapters for this contest, my ID and my Runaway Teen story are all gone as is every bit of other information I had including banking info and more.  Right now my emotional state is definitely not very good.  It took my husband all day to be able to get my pc this far, but it meant uninstalling and reinstalling Windows 10 which of course meant, all new files and no way to save the old ones.  We're hoping he has some of the info stored on a flash drive.  Until I get this fixed, and yell a LOT at Mediafire, (who I pay for their service!), and we find out what we still have, all my stories are on hold with the hope and prayer they do not have to be all redone.  Oh yeah, all my build pictures are gone as well.  Off to try and install Origin.  I really need your good wishes and support.   :'(
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Technical problems are the worst, just had a bunch of that myself, hope you get past it and can continue your stories :)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2015, 11:45:48 AM »
Oh noooo, Joria!  How horrific!!!
I remember reading in your Thyme Dynasty how very many photos you took for the wedding and I can just imagine that you must have done the same for this dynasty challenge.  I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles at this very time when we should be relaxing and doing what we enjoy.
Most sincere wishes that you get everything back up and running very soon.
I rushed over here with excitement, thinking that you'd posted a new installment, only to hear this terrible news.
* sends warm vibes of support and comfort <3 <3 <3

Offline Magpie2012

• Tony Brooks fangirl - Jupiter Reaper fangirl too - Pippin fangirl ALWAYS
  • Watcher
  • Call me Mags or Steph
« Reply #49 on: December 29, 2015, 09:20:18 PM »
@Joria I think I said this somewhere else but it bears repeating: I am so sorry you have to go through this! It is terrible to have PC issues at the best of times, but when tragedy strikes like this, its just untenable! I hope your issues are sorted out quickly and happily <3 much love from South Africa <3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9720 using Tapatalk
because... Math *Pippin The Most Tenacious Simmer*

Only 2 things are infinite... The universe and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe. *Albert Einstein*

Don't believe all the quotes that have been attributed to me. *Albert Einstein*

I can't ignore ALL of the voices in my head - Some of them actually make sense! *Blayzen*

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2015, 10:14:49 PM »
 :'( :'( I'm speechless.. Such a tragedy. I deleted my first dynasty file by mistake and I don't think I every recovered... I can't imagine what it feels like to lose ALL of your stories and pictures.. I am so so sorry.. But you know.. you are such a great storyteller, I just know that you will have a fantastic idea in there somewhere how to write this into another new story..  :)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Wish Me Luck, (No! Me...Uh-uh...ME!) A Fond Farewell
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2015, 05:13:08 AM »
Thanks everybody for all your support.  I've been a wreck over this.  I discovered today that I did not save my files to a flash drive, which was my last hope.  So as of now, my Rivalry Dynasty is over, and until I can get Mediafire straightened out, I won't be playing any story based games since I really can't safely store the pictures.  I'll eventually get over this and will be back writing soon.

This can now go to the graveyard.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: Wish Me Luck, (No! Me...Uh-uh...ME!) A Fond Farewell
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2015, 06:09:30 AM »
I'm moving this to the graveyard at the author's request.

anything