Author Topic: The Woods' Legacy (Updated 8/6/16)  (Read 14144 times)

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
The Woods' Legacy (Updated 8/6/16)
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:23:22 AM »
The Woods' Legacy
By Jase~

Introduction:

Hello fellow simmers…
I've finally decided to share my first TS4 legacy with the forum. Previously when playing legacies in TS2 and TS3, I really didn't pay attention to official legacy challenge rules; however, this time around I've decided to follow Pinstar's rules and point system the best to my understanding.

Also, just to be clear, this legacy maybe a bit different when compared to other TS4 legacies. That's because I play TS4 with both Aren's genetic transfusion and same-sex pregnancy mods installed. I'm pretty sure that both mod's are acceptable with official legacy challenge rules, as they don't give any advantage over someone without them; other than allowing same-sex sims to procreate (the genetic transfusion option even costs between §2,000 - §2,500 to use).

Additionally, I really wanted to use the world of Newcrest. Since there isn't any 50x50 lots in Newcrest and I don't care for the location of the 50x40 lot, Twin Oracle Point, I decided to use the 30x40, Optimist's Outlook, instead. In accordance with official legacy challenge rules, after purchasing the Knight of the Octagon Table, I also used the cheat code “Sims.modify_funds -7000” to remove any extra simoleons from the legacy's budget.

I've decided to go with the following point scoring system and succession rules for the Woods Legacy:
Gender Law: Strict Patriarchy (Founder and all following heirs must be male.)
Bloodline Law: Traditional (Children naturally born from previous generation are eligible to be named heir.)
Heir Law: Merit (The child with the most fully completed aspiration will be named heir).
Species Law: Tolerant (Species has no impact on heir eligibility).

Chapter List:
Chapter One: The Beginning
Chapter Two: Is Love in the Air?
Chapter Three: Love at First Kiss
Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home
Chapter Five: Budget Honeymoon
Chapter Six: One + One = Three?
Chapter Seven: Growing Up Fast!
Chapter Eight: 1 + 1 + 5??
Chapter Nine: Cora's Story I
Chapter Ten: Sim Life Goes On

I hope you enjoy reading my legacy as much as I enjoy playing! :)

P.S. - I'll also include the legacy's family tree and statistics in the post immediately following this one and will try to get it updated as much as possible.

You can read it here from the beginning.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
Re: The Woods' Legacy
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:23:48 AM »
Woods Legacy Family Tree & Statistics:

Updated: 3/14/16

Family: 1  Creative: 1 Fortune: 0  Love: 1  Knowledge: 3  Athletic: 0
Nature: 1 Food: 1  Popularity: 0 Deviance: 0  Penalties: 0
Total Legacy Points: 1

Generation One:
Founder: Thomas Woods.
Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Active, Good, Domestic.
Aspiration: Successful Lineage.
Skill Levels: Charisma 8, Comedy 3, Cooking 3, Fishing 10, Fitness 10, Gardening 1, Guitar 10, Handiness 4, Logic 4, Mixology 10, Painting 10, Photography 4, Video Gaming 3, Wellness 2.
Career: Painter, Art Book Collator.
Partner/Spouse: Justin Woods
Memorialized: Yes

Spouse: Justin Woods
Traits: Romantic, Family-Oriented, Art Lover, Domestic.
Aspiration: Big Happy Family
Skill Levels: Baking 10, Charisma 6, Comedy 2, Cooking 10, Fishing 3, Fitness 3, Gardening 1, Gourmet Cooking 10, Handiness 2, Logic 4, Mixology 10, Painting 10, Photography 2, Video Gaming 1, Wellness 2, Writing 10.
Career: Writer, Blogger.
Partner/Spouse: Thomas Woods
Memorialized: Yes

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 09:27:21 AM »
Chapter One: The Beginning

Hi Simmers! My name is Thomas Woods. I've just moved to the Willow Crest suburb called Newcrest. Things are a bit tight right now budget wise. Especially after purchasing the Knight of the Octagon Table; which is currently in storage. So, for now I'll be camping out until more simoleons head my way.

Speaking of simoleons, I'd better get myself a job if I plan on settling down in Newcrest. So, let's see what the classifieds on my phone have to offer… Hmmm, a painter? Well, I am pretty creative. So, I guess that I'll take it!

Well, I'd better get prepared for work and freshen up my painting skills.

When I'm not quite sure what I want paint, playing my guitar often brings me much needed inspiration.

While selling my practice paintings does bring in some additional funds, it's not enough to survive on alone until my paychecks start coming in regularly. So, I've also been searching the neighborhood for collectibles to sell for additional income and it's helping tremendously.

Also, never underestimate the kindness of strangers. This very nice man, Geoffrey, thought I looked hungry and offered to share his cookout with me.

Who would think you could earn so much simoleons off wild frogs?

Time just flew by while out collecting and before I knew it, it was night and I ended up close to Newcrest Park. So, I decided to stop by and enjoy my new neighborhood. Although it's a small park, it's quite lovely.

Speaking of lovely. I met a very handsome young man called Justin and nearly took my breath away when we first name eye contact.

After the normally pleasantries, we spent some time getting to know each other and played a couple rounds of chess together. I didn't want the night to end, but unfortunately I had to say goodbye to Justin. It was getting very late and tomorrow was my first day at work.

Although, I was starting to get very tired, I decided to take enough time to finish another painting before going to bed. I'm getting better with each completed painting!

Whew! I'm beat. I hope I can get a decent night's sleep in this cheap tent… Goodnight!

To be continued...

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 10:08:23 AM »
Chapter Two: Is Love in the Air?

When I woke up the next morning, I was happier than I've ever been in my entire sim life. Not only was my today my first day on the job, but I had just prepared by first breakfast at my new home and I've just met the most wonderful sim last night. Honestly, things couldn't get any better!

After a pretty awesome first day at work, I decided to visit the gym I saw last night near Newcrest Park, I believe it was called The Fitbox.

Wow!! Can you believe my luck? Look who's using the treadmill next to me. It's Justin!!

I tried my best to hide how nervous I was from Justin, but I think he could tell. Especially, when I kept stuttering and then almost fell off the treadmill.

So, I tried to compensate and show off my muscles by using the weight machine instead; however, before I noticed it appeared that Justin had disappeared from my sight. My sim heart sank. I sure hope that I haven't ruined my chances with him.

Also, while I had been so focused on Justin, I failed to focus on my own needs. Especially when I realized that I may have run him off myself with my own smell. I was filthy!! Then it really it me. Uh Oh, I hope that I don't wet myself in front of everyone in the gym!

Luckily, after a quick trip to the locker room downstairs I felt like a new sim! Squeaky clean and an empty bladder.

But, I was still so bummed out about Justin's sudden gym disappearance, that I didn't even bother getting dressed for the walk home. (Something I regret now, honestly.)

However, the next morning, after eating breakfast and taking a brief look around my campsite and my new shower and commode. I decided that things really aren't as bad as they seem currently. Hopefully, I'll see Justin around and make a better impression on him. Uh oh! Time for work, I don't want to be late!

Today was a fantastic day at work. In fact, I received my first promotion! Now it's time to go make some extra simoleons and start collecting rare items around Newcrest again.

* ring ring * Hello? Justin, how did you get my number? Oh, okay. A date? Sure!!

To be continued...

Offline BigMud

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 11:04:25 AM »
Love it! Thomas was so cute when he was so nervous at the gym, lol. We've all been there, Thomas...

I wasn't aware of the genetic transfusion mod before, but it looks like something I'd definitely use in my games too, so I bookmarked it. Thanks!

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:31:17 PM »
This is a great start. I like your founder and I look forward to reading more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2015, 12:35:33 PM »
Thank you for the complements...
I'm also happy to hear that you both like Thomas. I actually based him and Justin from sims in a render that Maxis previously released celebrating Pride Month. Recreating them was a bit tricky, but I think they both came out looking great.

I hope to have another update to the legacy very soon. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2015, 01:25:10 AM »
A neat start! Love your founder. lolled at him regretting walking home from the gym in his towel. :) Best of luck for your legacy.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2015, 02:32:09 PM »
Thanks, Playalot...
I'm pretty fond of Thomas myself. I picture him with a goofy sense of humor and am trying to write it in when a can. Also, when it comes to gameplay, I play fairly straight forwarded and don't really have the best imagination. So, I'll try my best to keep things as entertaining as possible.

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2015, 02:40:59 PM »
Chapter Three: Love at First Kiss

I could hear my sim heart pound in my ears as I quickly ran home to get ready for my date with Justin. In fact, I thought it would fly right out of my chest when I saw him standing there in front of Halvsies.

The date went absolutely perfectly. We laughed together and discovered how much we have in common. When the time felt right, I decided to take the flirting up a few notches.

We made plans for another date and just before our dream date finally ended, I went in for a kiss. At that exact moment, I knew my little sim heart belonged only to Justin.

Later that night I only had wonderful dreams of our future together. I woke up in the best mood of my life ever. Things only got better later on too. I received my first promotion at work. Afterwards, as usual, I went on another collecting spee again.

In between work, collecting, and spending time with Justin; I also worked on increasing my skills.

As agreed, I met Justin at Club Slate. Even though this nightclub was a bit crowded and very loud inside, the night was as equally perfect as our first date.

I didn't want to rush things too quickly with gifts, but a single rose seemed perfect at that moment.

I think Justin agreed too.

After the nightclub closed. Justin and I didn't want our perfect night to end just yet. So, I invited him over my campground home.

After flirting our way into knowing each other even better, things between us began to heat up very quickly.

In fact, things kept pretty hot until the early morning hours.

After having the night of our lives, complete with a sore back, I decided to just go for it and asked Justin to move in with me…

To be continued...

Offline BigMud

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2015, 05:50:33 PM »
Woot! Go Thomas!

Can't wait to see more from these two :)

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2015, 07:57:44 AM »
Thanks, BigMud...
I'm happy to see that you're enjoying my legacy still. Plus, I've got a little bit of free time today too. So, hopefully, I'll have another update later today. :)

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2015, 10:24:12 AM »
Chapter Four: Home Sweet Home

My poor sim heart nearly skipped another beat until Justin said “Yes!”.  (If this type of stress continues, I might need to stop off at the local hospital.) Luckily, with our combined incomes, we've been able to ditch the tent and build a tiny starter house.

While having a real house is great, it really drained our bank accounts. So, Justin decided to put his creativity to good use and has become a writer.

Every morning, we work from home together on our small patio. I'll paint while Justin either reads or practices writing.

Since we work slightly different work shifts, while I'm at work...

Justin does the collecting and harvesting for extra income, and vice-versa for me when he's at work.

We've also been spending a bit a extra time just before bed each night to max out our painting and writing skills.

Don't worry though. It's certainly not been all work and no play for us. While professing my love to Justin, I decided to take a leap and...

...asked him to marry me.  Of course he said “Yes!” Come on. Who wouldn't? I'm a catch!!  ;)

We decided to keep the ceremony intimate and each asked over one close friend.

Justin wanted to splurge and hire a bartender. It was a bit pricier than originally hoped, but worth it in the end.

The actual wedding ceremony was beautiful!

The cake was delicious and all of our guests enjoyed themselves. Plus, we got some awesome gifts and a gold medal!

I don't think either one of us could have imagined a more perfect wedding.

To be continued...

Offline Jase~

• Occult
  • Legacy Player
    • Jase's Sims
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Chapter Five: Budget Honeymoon

Since things were a bit tight simolean wise after the wedding. We decided to keep our honeymoon vacation simple with a much more affordable staycation instead.

So, we did what most newlywed sims do on their honeymoon night. Quite a lot too, I'd like to add! Cough cough

The next morning, Justin and I decided to visit the Perfect Balance Spa for a day of pampering and relaxation.

I'm getting pretty good at this yoga thing...

...and I think I need one of these saunas at home!

While I sweated things out, Justin enjoyed a relaxing mudbath...

...and foot massage.

Before ending our spa day, we also spend time together in the meditation room. It was soooo relaxing!

On the way home, we stopped off at the new bakery in Magnolia Promenade, Sweetcrust's Pasteries.

While I can honestly say the building itself is beautiful, the service there truly stinks! We waited almost a hour for service and the quality of the food wasn't that good either.

Later that night, when we arrived home. Justin complained that we wasn't feeling well. I was convinced it was the less than stellar cupcakes we had, but he wasn't convinced and he was right. We still haven't figured out how it happened, but we're thrilled!

The next morning, after the initial shock wore off. Reality set in. While we still haven't figured out how Justin got pregnant, we knew we needed to build a nursery. While we're not broke, we don't want to spend our last simoleon on this project either!

So, Justin continued reading and writing from home, along with collecting while early in the pregnancy.

I've continued working hard while at work and selling extra paintings from home…

...and continuing collecting for additional income.

Justin took up the majority of the housework, so I could spend extra time collecting and painting.

Things went surprisingly smooth. I think I'm more shocked to find out that Justin's learned to paint and has also been selling his works of art for extra income. Well, except for a portrait of me he painted. That's going up in the dining room!

Luckily things worked out as planned and we were able to build a modest nursery for our baby.

We celebrated by taking a free trip to the local community pool at Desert Bloom Park for a little fun in the sun together. I wonder what's in store for us in the future?

To be continued...

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »
Fingers crossed for a boy so that you can get your first heir!
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything