Author Topic: Pillars  (Read 11274 times)

Offline vvalk91

• Nooboo
Pillars
« on: May 18, 2015, 07:39:04 PM »
Hi,

I can't seem to build tiles on placed pillars. Whenever I place the pillar, the squares on which to build the tiles don't appear. Even so when I move up a floor.
Any help? O yeah and don't mind the Game of Thrones screenshot on my 2nd screen ^^

Thanks!

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Pillars
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 07:59:53 PM »
I don't believe you can built on pillars/columns as a rule.  What I would do it just put a square of wall at each corner, build on top of it, then take out the wall and put the pillars back in.  I hope that made sense.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 01:05:50 AM »
The game will only let you add a floor to a recognised 'room' so you need to make an empty room on top. However, the game won't let you put an empty room on top of a pillar either so you need to work around it a little.
Like Shewolf13 said you need to build some walls. Build a small one by one room anywhere under the area you want the floor to be. It doesn't have to be in the corner. Once you have that little room, you gan go up a level and see a small grid. Select an empty room and place it on the grid then pull the sides of this empty room to the required size. When the floor is the size you need, you can then go and delete the 1 x 1 room downstairs and do whatever you want with the area above the pillars.

Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline vvalk91

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
Thanks a lot! It worked.
I thought you could build on pillars in sims 3 or 2, that's why I asked.

anything