Author Topic: The Shin Dynasty || 6. When Life Gives You Death, Make Nooboos (Apr 8)  (Read 9399 times)

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Prologue: Shin Comes to Town

It seems that everything has become perfect, too perfect in fact...

The sun is always shining, and the moon never hindered by clouds. The seasons never change, and all the ponds are constantly stocked. Everyone's life has reached that plateau of happiness. Even the stories that float around, it appears that everyone is living the ideal life. Sure, there a few misfits thrown in the midst but aside from that families rise above it and still manage to make a name of themselves.

Well after a long discussion with the Reaper. It was decided that there needed to be a change. He would grant me and my descendants immortality so long as we met his terms and conditions. Then after seven generations, we would welcome Death into our arms and finally seal the fate of the Shin family. It'll be a long journey, but I have trust in the Reaper that he'll be true to our terms. He's even sent one of his lackeys to watch over my family in order to guarantee that we don't cheat or try to tiptoe around any rules. Not that we would try or anything.

Shortly after my little chat with the reaper, I was plucked from the depths of his dark home and placed into an endless blue limbo. There I was plucked, prodded, styled, and molded into life.

Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Gluttony "Tony" Shin. I am a creative glutton who loves the outdoors. And I am the founder of the Shin Dynasty following in accordance to the Reaper's Terms and Conditions that'll eventually lead to my immortality allowing us to build an empire worthy of the Reaper.

And with that I was plucked from the endless limbo and thrown into Willow Creek without a bat of an eye. The massive land that I have come to now own held nothing but promise of a larger future. Though I wasn't alone. The Reaper's Lackey followed me, hidden in the tree or behind some shrubs, I knew they were there and always would be. The thought wasn't exactly comforting, but knowing that I wouldn't be spending the night on this massive property alone had some sort of appeal to it.

Next time: Search for the Gluttons Begins

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty: Prologue - Shin comes to Town (Mar 10)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2015, 10:27:55 PM »
Statistics

Current Household: Gluttony Shin (Gen 1, pregnant), Mitchell Kalani, Eric Lewis, Alice Spencer-Kim, Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis, J Huntington III

Generation 1: Gluttony "Tony" Shin
Traits: Glutton, Creative, Loves Outdoors
Spouse: Mitchell Kalani
Career: Culinary, Chef
Aspirations: Master Chef (original), Angling Ace
Skills: Cooking, Gourmet Cooking, Fishing
Rewards:
Medals: Dinner Party (gold), Date at Museum (gold), Wedding Party (Gold),
Good Friends:
Whims:
Museum Pieces:

Generation 2: _____ Shin
Traits:
Spouse:
Career:
Aspirations:
Skills:
Rewards:
Medals:
Good Friends:
Whims:
Museum Pieces:

Generation 3: _____ Shin
Traits:
Spouse:
Career:
Aspirations:
Skills:
Rewards:
Medals:
Good Friends:
Whims:
Museum Pieces:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:33:04 AM »
So the backstory is that Grim sends the Seven Deadly Sins to shake up the world and promote sin to make life interesting via the Immortal Dynasty? Weird but I like it. Good luck!  ;D
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 01:34:46 PM »
So the backstory is that Grim sends the Seven Deadly Sins to shake up the world and promote sin to make life interesting via the Immortal Dynasty? Weird but I like it. Good luck!  ;D

Oddly enough ever since I've started this file, all the townies and the babes by breeding have ended up with mean or evil traits. Not sure if that's a common thing with everyone else, but my previous attempts and files didn't have so many evil sims with exception to the original townies. So I think the plan is working. Mwhahahaha.

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
The Shin Dynasty: Gluttons Unite (March 11)
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 02:56:44 PM »
Staring at my large expansive land and comparing it to my bank account, it was an easy decision. I'm not greedy in the slightest, but realistically I know that 10,000 simoleons is not enough to build me a kitchen AND feed my appetite. Even though dumpster diving is an option, it won't raise any skills in order to meet my deal with the Reaper.

So off I went. Rumor has it that my friendly neighbors had a secretive glutton in their midst, and it was about time they revealed themselves and embraced that lifestyle.

Ding Dong! Anyone home?

Somewhere from inside someone responded with "Come on in."

I didn't question it. I stepped right in in search of whomever was running this joint. The first person I ran into was Mr. Dennis Kim. And lets say it wasn't a pleasant meeting...

"Oh no. Not you. Not again." He started ranting as if the sight of me brought up some foul memory.

"What I haven't said anything yet?"

"You don't need to. I know what you're up to. You don't think I hear these things?"

I stared at him, uncertain of how to respond.

"The reaper has been hanging at my doorstep for the past few weeks, you don't think I heard these things? I will not let you shame my daughter and granddaughter with your evil ways."

"Listen here, Kimmie. I did not come here to shame anyone. I came here to embrace all our faults. Everything about this place has become so perfect its disgusting. You know your little family isn't ever going to amount to anything sitting up here on your high little hill. And when you die, there's nothing going to stop them from falling apart. Now I'm not saying it'll be all daisies and bluebells, but I can guarantee you'll get to experience things you've never thought of doing before."

He sniffed his flat little nose as he looked down at me with his small eyes. "You don't get a choice in the matter..." I finished before turning and leaving the room. Letting Kimmie rage on all he wants about not getting his way. He won't be around long enough for me to try and care anyways.

Out in the hallway, I ran into the man of the hour. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes. I was looking for you."

Eric eyed me curiously. "Me? Why me?"

I looked around a bit wondering where to start. "Let me make you a drink and we can talk...I need to work on my mixology skill anyways."

"So Eric tell me about yourself."

"I don't even know you or your name, why should I tell..."

"Details, Eric. I haven't got all day."

"Uh well. I'm Self-Assured and always confident. I have a wife Alice and a daughter Olivia. I like nice things..."

"And...." I prodded for more information.

"And I, uh...."

"Just admit it, you're a glutton."

"How did-"

"I smoogled you."

"You looked me up on the web?!" Eric was in disbelief.

"Don't get your pants in a knot. I have a proposal for you. Grab the family."

"Listen up everyone." I tried to gather everyone's attention.

"Where's Daddy?" Alice piped up from behind the bar.

"Uh, he's running some errands for me. So enough about him." I brushed the old geezer off. "I have been given a set number challenges and goals that I need to meet before the end of my life, goals that I can't achieve without the help of some friends. What do you say we band together and make a life a little more interesting verse sitting atop of this hill looking down at everyone else and never achieving anything beyond that? With me you can be who you were born to be." My eyes turned to Eric. And united we will go forwards and wreck havoc! What do you say, will you move in with me?!"

"Yeah!" Eric cheered from beside me.

Everyone else exchanged glances between one another, uncertain as to how to proceed.

"Well at this point, none of you get a vote. Let's do this?" Eric responded as arrangements were made to sell everything in their home and bring all his family down to my little patch of grass that I called home.

Luckily within moments a home was built for everyone to enjoy.

Next time: What is Kimmie up to? What somebody ate my porridge? And whose that sleeping in my bed?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
  • Mother knows best, Rapunzel
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 07:33:00 PM »
Seven deadly sins dynasty, love it and you moved in the SKLs  ;D
Chant: Life States (TS3) / Immortal Dynasty (TS4)

Mother Gothel & Baba Yaga Enthusiast

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 1. Gluttons Unite (Mar 11)
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 02:14:25 PM »
Seven deadly sins dynasty, love it and you moved in the SKLs  ;D

Yup. It seems to be going well so far. Best part about the SKLs is they're secretly rich and they have old people. ;) hehe.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 2. Day in Day Out (Mar 11)
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 03:06:43 PM »
And so our little dynasty begins.

I bet you haven't guess what my career and aspiration are going to be yet? I mean it must be so hard to figure out what a glutton is going to do the rest of her life...

But lucky for you I have it all figure out. I'm going to be an astronaut!

Wait... There's a note here addressed to me.

Dear Gluttony,

I see you have failed to perceive your purpose in life. You already have an aspiration and a career pointing you in the right direction. Don't change it now. You're already at level 4 of cooking, doesn't a chef make more sense?

Sincerely,

The Ever Present Eye.

Le sigh. I guess I should've known. Can I be an astronaut eventually?

Another note appeared and all it read was, We'll see.

Well. I guess that means I better finish making these pancakes. At least I get my very own purple kitchen.

"I don't like it." Vivian piped in.

"Well are you going to be living forever? No? Thought so. You don't get a voice in what color my kitchen is..." I retorted. "Why don't you do something productive aside from eating all my food. Its not like we're having a party or anything."

"I've been fishing all afternoon, isn't that enough?" Vivian groaned.

"No, because I need a garden of death flowers, angelfish to last a lifetime, and potions of youth."

"Why don't you do it yourself?"

"Because that's why I have you. How about I go talk with Reaper's Demon Lackey, and we can discuss your ultimate fate here."

"Fine, fine. I'll go plant some more seeds. But I can assure you I'm not going to like it. Besides, Kim's got the gardening skill why isn't he working?"

"He's a little occupied with some other endeavors. I actually haven't seen him in a while now..." Now that I thought of it, where is little Miss Kimmie Pants.

Alice is busy working on building her handiness.

Eric got a job in business, to bring in some extra bucks to pay for all the bills.

Vivian grudgingly works on improving the garden.

And little Olivia spends her afternoons down by the river catching logs and building her skills.

Then there's me, going to work, getting promotions and making meals. And in between all that I require the occasional juice on the rocks to power me through the day. Because Reaper knows, that these two Oldies are going to be responsible for my early demise. Everyone else is happy with they're new lives, why can't they be grateful too?

Wait a minute. Is that Kimmie? I quickly rushed to the observatory to get a closer look. Well I'll be pan-fried tilapia...

Hot dog and a bowl of chili, I actually think he's happy to have moved now.

"Awe. Kimmie's in wuv..."

"Annnnddd....I'm done. You're going to keep trying to get back at me even when you're not here, aren't you, Kimmie?"

A note dropped down in front of me and I knelt down to pick it up.

Well darling, that's what you get for spying... You know just as well as I did, that it was coming... After all, I've been notified that he's only got a few days to live. Besides haven't you felt the Reaper getting closer?

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 2. Minions Assemble (Mar 17)
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:34:16 AM »
Ah, no! Not Summer, I have a strong hatred towards Dennis, lol. I love Gluttony's conversation with Viv in the kitchen.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
I find the notes funny.  ;D

Also, is the elder Kim WooHooing with Summer to procreate with her so that she'll have children that will live on after her death? I am guessing you are using him to pollinate the town (aka make sure the townies don't die and all you have left are wandering homeless people), am I right? All in all, a great story.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 10:47:18 PM »
Ah, no! Not Summer, I have a strong hatred towards Dennis, lol. I love Gluttony's conversation with Viv in the kitchen.

He's just not that likable of a sim. I wouldn't of moved him in if he didn't come with all the cash. haha. He was thankfully able to contribute a few potions of youth as well as some angelfish. And by some I mean like 2, so he's pretty much useless.
And Thanks. :D

I find the notes funny.  ;D

Also, is the elder Kim WooHooing with Summer to procreate with her so that she'll have children that will live on after her death? I am guessing you are using him to pollinate the town (aka make sure the townies don't die and all you have left are wandering homeless people), am I right? All in all, a great story.

That was the plan except, the majority of the town found him slightly repulsive. (Go figure). So we're lucky we got the one.

Offline handicat

• Nooboo
Re: The Shin Dynasty || 3. Barbie and the Beast (Mar 19)
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 12:10:01 AM »
Chapter 3: Barbie and the Beast

Work was getting the best of me, all I did Thursday through Monday was work work work. Kimmie-Pie had a better social life than I did and half the town hated him. They thought he came on to them too soon. Which is well deserved of him. He was an abrasive man. Too much of Kimmie Pie was bad for the soul. Anyways, I came home from work Sunday to a message left for Kimmie from some woman stating that she just gave birth to a son name Myles. Great. More Kimmies in the world.

I'm going to assume it was the Malibu Barbie that I caught him with not but a few days ago. Barbie doesn't came around the house much since Kimmie-Poo wouldn't let anyone else meet her, so it was just as big of a surprise to us as it was to him that he was a father again.

Apparently the Lackey fails at taking photos of us, or is just so disorganized in his organization that its impossible to find good shots, so I'm going to apologize on his behalf, though I don't really appreciate him sneaking photos of us anyways. But he's got to report back to the Reaper somehow, so I'll allow it.

I'm slowly adding to my kitchen. I spend so much time there I need a well-decorated atmosphere to push through all the meals and drinks I must make between shifts at the restaurant. I'm just ready to start earning some inspiring rewards from my promotions. That'll enhance the mood quickly.

Then while I was at work on Monday, the best thing happened! We had a couple visitors. First Malibu Barbie came over for a visit. Apparently she can't get enough of Kimmie-Pie. I still didn't get to meet her, but guess who started woohooing in my bed...

No, it wasn't me. Lucky for him that I never made it home in time to get my hands on him, because I certainly had a few things to say to him. Nope. Less than an hour before I got home, that sly little Pecan Pie, climbed out of my bed and looked down at Barbie with endearing eyes and said. "Take care of them for me..."

And with that my ol' pal arrived take Mr. Kimmie Pants away. He's lucky the Reaper was kind enough to take him away, because I had a giant red slurpee with Kim's name on it when I got home.

When it came to engraving the tombstone, the funeral company suggested writing "You'll be missed." I suggested we write, "No one really liked you..." or "He-who-will-not-be-missed". I guess majority ruled. Poor Olivia was the only one who really had a relationship with her grandfather, well with exception to Barbie. I guess it was to be assumed that she didn't know any better.

Speaking of Barbie. Kimmie invited her to stay the night, so she stuck around longer than we had hoped. Not only did she sleep in my bed, but now she's using my toilet too? How unbelievable. She better clean up.

I guess its to be assumed that she won't be coming around much more after this. Since nobody even got her name.

I guess I shouldn't at least introduced myself, but I was too grumpy about not getting to sleep in my own bed that I didn't even care.

Either way, now that there were some openings in the household, I thought it was time that I start my own social life. Lucky for me I had the next few days off. So maybe I'd start my own prowess through the neighborhood.

Speaking of prowess, "Why are you so tense Eric?"

"I was doing a little work out in Oasis Springs, when I stopped in at the Caliente House. I actually didn't think they took their name so literally, but..."

"There was a fire...And one thing led to the next..."

"Katrina was extremely grateful." Eric finished with a confident smile. He was, in fact, a hero.

"What were you doing in Oasis Springs?"

"Uh, my fire senses were tingling..."

"Ah, that makes sense. We're so lucky to have a hero in our midst."

Now that I look back at this conversation with Eric, I shouldn't have been as surprised as I was to what came next...   

P.S. I burned up and deleted my former bed before purchasing a new one. Death didn't scare me, but getting the unlikable traits from Kimmie-Pants did.

Offline KTK10

• Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 12:40:30 AM »
Just getting caught up with everyone's stories again.. and this is GREAT! I really love the idea of the 7 deadly sins and also instead of calling yourself the 'watcher' you are the Lacky.. really clever and a wonderful new way to write a dynasty. Will keep reading for sure.  ;D

Offline Nettlejuice

• Baba Gothel
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »
I wonder if Eric is taking over from his father-in-law. I would have prefered You won't be missed on the gravestone  ;D